Possible inside nuggets from Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
https://www.ramsfansunited.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10494

"As I've stated before I call the Rams PR dept. at least once a week for "insider news" lol. I've been doing this since the 80's and I've talked to the same guy this whole time. He's been mostly spot on, except twice.

First he told me the Rams were trading Cleveland Gary to Dallas for WR Jimmy Smith in 1992. Never happened. And last season he told Kupp would miss 3-6 weeks but came back in 2. He later said that was the original time frame for Kupp to come back but that the Rams rushed him back for the big game against the Saints.
icon_eek.gif

Anyway, take it for what it's worth but this is what he had to say today:

1. The Rams may experiment with Ebukam inside during the preseason. They did this with him his rookie year. 2 reasons for this. Only one (Littleton) of the 3 ILB's on the roster have started an NFL game. "They like Samson for his big play ability but he just isn't much of a pass rusher."

2. Noteboom may stay at LG if he excels. The Rams drafted 2 OT's with no plans to move either of them inside. Their thoughts are one of the two of Evans or Edwards can replace Whit at some point. Kromer really likes Edwards. "Lindys had Edwards rated as a 2nd round pick, rated one spot after Evans."

3. Expect some activity on the DL as training camp approaches. The Rams have only 6 DL under contract, 7 if they move Morgan Fox back to DE like they are talking about. "No big names, and that includes Suh. Just some bargain basement types."

4. Training Camp battle will be at edge. Rams are 8 deep there with guys that can play. "After they re-signed Fowler and got Matthews, they quit looking for edge rushers. They are taking the wait and see approach with what they have."

5. UDFA Sleeper? Kendall Blanton – TE, Missouri, 6’6″ 262. "Great blocker and untapped potential as a receiver."

Nugget? "They gave Weddle Hill's # without his permission."

Like I said guys, this is just a guy I know and these are his opinions. The quotes are from him. He does work for them and has inside info, but by no means am I saying any this is etched in stone. Just thought I'd share with my Ram buds."

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ebukam inside seems to go against the idea of Matthews kicking in. I'll be fascinated to watch that unfold in training camp and preseason if true.

Interesting tidbit about Notebroom and their thoughts on Evans and Edwards being more tackles than guards. I wonder if none of these guys will truly end up being the mauler we will eventually need inside in a year or so.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Blanton made me raise my eyebrow when i saw his name. Hope he pans out, we need the help on TE. Moving Ebukham inside makes sense and he's familiar with the position.

Have you heard any rumors about Obo or Micheal Thomas? Every year im excited to see if they give Thomas more touches, he balled out in TC but got injured unfortunately.

WestCoastRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Blanton made me raise my eyebrow when i saw his name. Hope he pans out, we need the help on TE. Moving Ebukham inside makes sense and he's familiar with the position.

Have you heard any rumors about Obo or Micheal Thomas? Every year im excited to see if they give Thomas more touches, he balled out in TC but got injured unfortunately.

Can't take credit for this info, linked to original poster on another board at the top.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
When the Rams moved to St. Louis I actually called and struck up a friendship with a woman who was selling their apparel, helped opened up a store for Rams Paraphernalia and later she became a receptionist/secretary. I would call her and she would tell me the free agents that came in for visits as back then, they didn't tweet or provide that info right away. Remember her telling me the Rams were signing Craig Heyward (God bless his sole) and I thought I had inside info..

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
1. The Rams may experiment with Ebukam inside during the preseason. They did this with him his rookie year. 2 reasons for this. Only one (Littleton) of the 3 ILB's on the roster have started an NFL game. "They like Samson for his big play ability but he just isn't much of a pass rusher."

Glad to hear this. Ebu has some freakish closing speed on ball carriers, he's big and strong, and would undoubtedly do a great job on the blitz when he's got a lane or on run downs at ILB. Question is can he drop in the passing game and maybe cover a bit, that probably will decide things.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He's been talking to a guy for over 30 years in the PR department..... . ..... that strikes me as unlikely

bluecoconuts

Legend
Why? Because they moved to Missouri & back to California? It's likely the Rams have employees that moved with the team each time.

That threw me for a loop as well, 30 years in the same exact job seems a little unlikely, but I suppose it's possible.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It happens that people stay in the same basic job for 30 years, but it's not that common. Especially with two cross country moves required during that time. And even if he stayed in the same department, still taking calls from a fan each week would rarer still, as over 30 years I'd hope some promotions are involved in an office situation like that.

So possible, not particularly likely. Maybe he's been promoted, and just likes the fan.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
WCR,
Thanks for your insights. They bring a lot to the board. I'm not sure anyone knows or not but I have a question for you if you don't mind. It was reported/rumored that the Rams were targeting a cornerback named Deandre Baker with our pick at 31, but, alas, the Giants traded up and took him right iin front of us. And this is what sparked the Rams' FO to trade out of the 31st slot.
Do you know if this is what happened?

~ArkyRamsFan~

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Going to be an interesting TC, and I plan to be there every day. How much I actually digest depends on how much time VeteranRamFan makes me spend in the beer tent.:cheers: (I'm not complaining)

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Going to be an interesting TC, and I plan to be there every day. How much I actually digest depends on how much time VeteranRamFan makes me spend in the beer tent.:cheers: (I'm not complaining)
ME! What about you! I had to drag you out of there last time, kicking and screaming like a little school girl!

(not that there is anything wrong with that!).

Love ya, Bro!