Possible good news: TE Cook

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
@jwyattsports: Update on #Titans TE Jared Cook: Indications are Cook's representation has reached at impasse with the #Titans front office

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jap

Legend
PressureD41 said:
@jwyattsports: Update on #Titans TE Jared Cook: Indications are Cook's representation has reached at impasse with the #Titans front office

Yeah, but I recall reading some nonsense about Cook the other day. Just like how the Rams are considering using the transitional tag on Danny_A as a TE, Cook and his agent were seeking to have him viewed as a WR, since wideouts make so much more.

Is Cook really good enough to garner consideration at 9-10M a year? I think not! :roll:

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can't see him getting more than 6 mill/per

Lesson

Oh, really?
Would love to see him come and wear the Ram horns on Sundays.

That being said, I don't know if it's worth spending that much on Cook when there are 2 really, really good TEs in this draft.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Agreed. I really like Vance McDonald

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
@nfltrade_rumors: RT @JasonLaCanfora: with Jared Cook hitting free agency, look for the Rams (with former Titans coach Jeff Fisher) to pursue strongly

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I would prefer Jared Cook over Danny Dola for what it's worth. Quick & Givens & rookie plus FA signee then in 2-1 personnel w/ Kendrick's & Cook. Still think Cook ceiling is crazy high.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

in the few titans games i saw last season cook seemed to get open quite a bit but for some reason they never looked his way. kendriks and cook would be an awesome tandem for the rams.

let amendola walk and draft austin, money. if they can afford to keep amendola and sign cook, money.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-1/Fisher-on-Cook-Mouton/99301cab-3518-42af-94da-b24bfb163942" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.titansonline.com/news/articl ... 4bfb163942</a>

Roster Schedule Statistics

LOGIN REGISTER

Print
Email
RSS
Fisher on Cook, Mouton
Posted Apr 26, 2009

AA
READ
DISCUSS
Comments:

Titans Draft Central

HEAD COACH JEFF FISHER

(opening comments)

We were busy there for awhile. We had on our board a very, very good player Jared Cook and he was still there. We also had identified several corners on the board that we thought we had a chance to select with our original third round pick. We just took advantage of an opportunity. We contacted New England and they were willing to give up their pick for next year’s two and we felt that was great value for Jared. We went ahead and selected Jared there and then we sat tight and had two corners that we thought had third round value and we got the one we wanted in Ryan Mouton. Let me talk about Ryan for just a moment. He pulled a hamstring at the Combine and then re-injured the hamstring I believe at his workout. We sent Marcus Robertson down to see him on Friday and he worked him out. We were very, very impressed with Ryan the person and I’ll let Phil [Neri] speak about that in just a minute. We are fortunate to get a corner that we think can add kickoff return skills in addition to being very, very aggressive and has good ball skills. He is a good football player. It is definitely a need for us. The tight end is also a very, very good football player. They used him more in the receiving area offensively then they did as an in-line blocker. He has tremendous speed, athletic ability and hands. We feel like we will be able to develop him.

(on what kind of grade they had on Jared Cook)

We had a high grade on Cook. He was one that we considered in the second.

(on if it was difficult giving up a second rounder next year for Jared Cook)

No it wasn’t. Mike [Reinfeldt] and I discussed it and we were both of the opinion that it was the right thing to do. We should get a compensatory three for Albert [Haynesworth] next year. We will be fine. These kind of guys don’t come along very often with the skills that Jared has.

COLLEGE PHIL NERI

(on whether Mouton playing in the pass happy WAC is an advantage)

It is an equal test. If you have coverability it doesn’t make any difference what conference you are in. His coverability and quickness, his feet and ability to mirror at great points and those are the things that are attractive with Ryan. He showed the same abilities at the East/West game. The pulling of the hamstring was not really a concern because he ran fast prior to pulling it. He is a fast kid and that shows up on film. He is one of the athletes that we saw that speed shows.

(on whether Ryan Mouton reminds him of any other players)

I hate to make comparisons like that.

COLLEGE SCOUT COLE PROCTOR

(on whether blocking will be Jared Cook’s biggest challenge)

Yes. He is a former wide receiver. I don’t know why they didn’t leave him there. He is probably faster than any wide receiver we have just about except [Nate] Washington maybe who we just signed. He is going to create tremendous mismatches out there in the slot and you can move him around. He is not the typical wide receiver coming in. He is not afraid to block, he hasn’t done it enough. He has to learn to get a better power base, but he will come along and be effective there. I’ll tell you the mismatches that he is going to create out in the slot and moving him around is unbelievable. He has unbelievable hands and good long speed.

HEAD COACH JEFF FISHER

(on whether he reminds them of Ben Troupe athletically)

I think as a receiver he is a little more experienced then Ben was. Ben had hands and had run after catch. I think he is much more versatile then Ben was.

jap

Legend
I liked what I heard about Cook all along, and I expected Fish to look to bring him aboard th U.S.S. Rams. However, they need to see just what kind of money he's looking for, if he is, indeed, pursuing WR money, and the Rams have to decide if he is worth the big bucks. It's very possible that he may not be allowed to pursue WR money if he has been making a living as a TE.

However, Sam used to spray that rock around at Oklahoma, so any TE's who can get open and has solid hands can expect to get his attention. I love the idea of having two pass catching TE's who can absorb contact in the middle of the field. If Danny-A leaves, I would hope the Rams target Tavon, who seems like a tougher, much faster, and even quicker Danny-A. Plus, he would almost automatically be penciled in for primary PR/KR duties. Then, of course, there are the end-around and lining up in the backfield possibilities . . . :twisted:

Simba

Rookie
I don't know if he will be a Ram next year, but one thing is sure.We need a TE from the market.Mulligan next season will be FA and Kendricks is going to be it, in 2015.Cook, Keller or Eifert are necessary for our target.At least one of them.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Simba said:
I don't know if he will be a Ram next year, but one thing is sure.We need a TE from the market.Mulligan next season will be FA and Kendricks is going to be it, in 2015.Cook, Keller or Eifert are necessary for our target.At least one of them.

I don't agree. I think it's a luxury...one worth having if we're going to utilize a second TE. But with Kendricks, we don't have a "need" at TE

nighttrain

Legend
Whiners have a tight end, cant remember his name, but runs a 4.5 forty; catches the ball, decnt blocker, and Safety (ghoulston) hitting FA, be sweet to rob our rivals
train

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
nighttrain said:
Whiners have a tight end, cant remember his name, but runs a 4.5 forty; catches the ball, decnt blocker, and Safety (ghoulston) hitting FA, be sweet to rob our rivals
train
Delaney Walker?

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Cook IMO is the premiere player everyone's after...Gill Brandt was just on the radio maybe 5 mins ago...talkin bout Miami and St Louis are the runner up to sign Cook he didn't name a source but there yea go

jap

Legend
It looks like the money to get Cook has dropped to more reasonable levels in some circles---if 6,000,000+ is regarded as reasonable for a TE. Still, Jared is supposed to be faster than some WR's and has very good hands. He simply has not been used effectively by the Titans. I wonder how Schotty would feel about designing plays for such a speedy TE.

Simba

Rookie
jap said:
It looks like the money to get Cook has dropped to more reasonable levels in some circles---if 6,000,000+ is regarded as reasonable for a TE. Still, Jared is supposed to be faster than some WR's and has very good hands. He simply has not been used effectively by the Titans. I wonder how Schotty would feel about designing plays for such a speedy TE.

Too much money for a TE!We could draft Eifert and spend less $.Schotty has worked with good feeling with Keller in NYJ.Maybe he would like to firm him than Cook.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Let gibson and amendola walk and sign cook and go get victor cruz with one of our first round picks and sammy has some new toys. :hehe:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Barrison6 said:
Let gibson and amendola walk and sign cook and go get victor cruz with one of our first round picks and sammy has some new toys. :hehe:

That Victor Cruz scenario crossed my mind today.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

A55VA6

Legend
Barrison6 said:
I'm cool with it! haha