Possible Benefit of Playing Colts Immediately Before Eagles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Here's a small nuance I noticed that could possibly help our defense a little bit against the Eagles this week.

The Colts' head coach is Shane Steichen, who was the offensive coordinator of the Eagles last year. Steichen's replacement in Philadelphia is Brian Johnson, who served under Steichen as the Eagles QB coach in 2021 and 2022. It stands to reason that Johnson is using many of the formations and plays that the Eagles used under Steichen, and that the Colts are now using a similar system.

So, my theory is... the Colts could have been something of a warm-up for the Eagles. From a read and recognition standpoint, the defense may benefit from this schedule.

Of course, the Eagles are far superior to the Colts from a personnel standpoint. All the more reason to latch on to any advantage we can get!

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Not only that, the eagles look beatable this year. Three of their four wins are by one score. The only team they beat by more than one score was Tampa Bay. They do not look as dominant as San Francisco (puke) and we went down to the wire against them.

TexasRam

Legend
Yea looking at similar concepts for a few weeks might be advantageous for sure.

We could beat them if we hit on all cylinders for 4 quarters.

If we actually had a real home crowd that disrupted their offensive communication then I would call this a 50-50 game. Otherwise, if their fans travel well we will need our best game and a healthy Kupp.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Steichen's replacement in Philadelphia is Brian Johnson, who served under Steichen as the Eagles QB coach in 2021 and 2022.

Caption: The Eagles OC sends in a play from the sideline -

1696278556278.png

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
the questions are? who's showing up against the eagles? Jekyll or Hyde and which half do we get the good one. can we win 2 games in a row? Go Rams!