Poor Staffold, Tenn la la la lick balls

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
I remember the Rams gave him an exit physical, which was A-OK. Raiders failed him on the physical, and then the Rams re-examined him and again rated him A-OK before he was re-signed. Saffold took the original offer from the Rams which he rejected for Oakland's deal. The Rams knew much more intimately than any other team what Saffold went through surgery-wise and his recovery, and so I don't see it as a risk at all.
How was it a discount then? I mean no other team jumped in. And yeah he might have had no current issue but you certainly agree he lost a lot of time up to that.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Would you believe it was an "Auto Correct" situation LOL...Going to my grave on this one. :unsure:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How was it a discount then? I mean no other team jumped in. And yeah he might have had no current issue but you certainly agree he lost a lot of time up to that.

It was a discount because the Raiders, in my opinion, purposefully made Rodger Saffold's stock, plummet across the NFL. They decided the price was too generous and they didn't want to pay it. It was my take at the time and that hasn't changed. So then Saffold was a FA, rejected by an NFL team because he didn't pass their medical exam....The Rams original offer wasn't good enough, and then it was? Discount.

fearsomefour

Legend
“Poor” is not the word I would use to describe Saffold.
Hated to see him go.
But, after all of his injuries, poor coaching and bad teams I am glad he got to experience winning with the Rams.