POLL:Who You Liking For New RAMS HC.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who Is your Choice For New Rams HC

• Total voters

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Nick Saban...defense wins championships...guy obviously knows talent...he can hire an offensive guy...

But does he "want" to coach in the NFL, does he want the NFL life. If he was committed to being a NFL coach he would be my number 1 choice. I just question his desire to change his lifestyle to be a NFL coach.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If there was an option for any of the above, I'd have chosen that
It's a good year to be looking for a Head Coach, and it's a quality opportunity for a HC candidate.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I picked Jon Gruden. Why? I'm thinking when the 49ers were kickass and had a great coaching staff. He got to work under George Seifert who I wish we had as an HC. I think Gruden learned a lot from Seifert which is why the experience is there. Gruden just needs to mold the talent we got here and he could start a superbowl winning dynasty with this team...

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I went Nick Saban

I bet he's learned a lot since his Miami gig
Who else out there would be more Belicheck than this guy. Isn't that what Stan wants? It would be a great hire

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Patricia would be thrive because he knows defense. He runs a hybrid defensivr front. He has coached Tight Ends and O Line (two weaknesses of this team ) I also think you need to someone that is good at football operations at the top between Les and Kevin too of Patricia is at the helm.

I also voted patricia because the rams are so dysfunctional I think it might take a rocket scientist to fix us. also he has worked both of and df and I would hope for a more balanced approach.if Quinn gaines and tru don't come back next year the df could need almost as much help as the o f next year. I know the history of belicheat coordinator but I think that just means they are due

shanny would be my second choice because between him and his dad I think they could bring in the best position coaches.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I also voted patricia because the rams are so dysfunctional I think it might take a rocket scientist to fix us. also he has worked both of and df and I would hope for a more balanced approach.if Quinn gaines and tru don't come back next year the df could need almost as much help as the o f next year. I know the history of belicheat coordinator but I think that just means they are due

shanny would be my second choice because between him and his dad I think they could bring in the best position coaches.

I like Patricia, one of the few Patriots assistants I like. My concern would be what kind of staff can he put together? He has only coached in NE. What good assistant is willing to join his staff, what kind of network does he have?

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Shanahan and Patricia are my main choices. I understand Patricia is a red flag knowing anything under the Belichick tends to yield disastrous results but knowing his background of going through the mental gymnastics of BB's approach and doing well at it, I'm open to hiring him. I'm also hoping he doesn't mimic BB but rather follow his own approach to succeed.

Kyle Shanahan is my first choice knowing that he schemes around his players on offense to succeed. The real question is whether he runs a centralized or decentralized role on offense; I'm hoping it's the latter and that he'll hire a good DC that will follow a similar approach to Williams: scheming the players to their strengths.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Patricia, one of the few Patriots assistants I like. My concern would be what kind of staff can he put together? He has only coached in NE. What good assistant is willing to join his staff, what kind of network does he have?
That's a great point

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

I heard last year when the Browns interviewed him that he would pursue Mike Vrabel as DC. Vrabel played under him when he was the LBs coach in NE, and is a hot candidate to be a DC and eventually HC.

For OC I don't know.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I heard last year when the Browns interviewed him that he would pursue Mike Vrabel as DC. Vrabel played under him when he was the LBs coach in NE, and is a hot candidate to be a DC and eventually HC.

For OC I don't know.

Vrabel seems like a interesting candidate, but its also the part that scares me some. 1st time head coach, 1st time DC, possibly a 1st time OC, would like to see some more experience there.

Boy would I love to be a fly on the wall for these interviews!

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Vrabel seems like a interesting candidate, but its also the part that scares me some. 1st time head coach, 1st time DC, possibly a 1st time OC, would like to see some more experience there.

Boy would I love to be a fly on the wall for these interviews!

We'd need to hire an experienced OC and assistant coach I think if that happened. Don't know names for that but I'd be interested to see what he would come up with, for sure.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
We'd need to hire an experienced OC and assistant coach I think if that happened. Don't know names for that but I'd be interested to see what he would come up with, for sure.

I dont know the name either....thats why I was asking lol.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I dont know the name either....thats why I was asking lol.

I've seen Mike McCoy thrown around a couple times if he gets fired but I don't know how realistic that is or if there's interest. Apparently the Chargers and Patriots run the same offensive system though, so if Patricia wanted to bring that over, he could, and lean on a former HC.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Todd Haley. He didn't make your list for some reason. Although he's arguably more qualified and a better fit than any of those who did.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Honestly I like Sean McVay, but the youth is a little worrisome.. Shannahan worries me a little as well, but he's done pretty well in Atalanta.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Asshole Face. He's inarguably the best QB whisperer in the bunch.

He wanted the job LAST year, but the Rams didn't ask and stayed with Fisher. If Fisher was fired, Payton would have taken it last year.

It's not even a secret he wants the job this year. Everyone else is playing coy. He's not. Honestly. I love that. No bs.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Bills don't win out that they fire Rex Ryan. It also wouldn't surprise me if Payton wouldn't bring in Ryan as well as the OL coach from Buffalo. With out D talent, Ryan could craft an amazing D.

A Payton hire means having the best development for Goff, the chance to hire a stud DC, keep Bones for ST and launch this franchise to where it belongs.