Poll: Should Vontaze Burfict be kicked out of the NFL?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should Vontaze Burfict be kicked out of the NFL?

• Yes

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • A long suspension and a heavy fine

Votes: 22 31.4%

• Total voters

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

LAWL! I'm just trying to get Romanowski to lower his guard to bludgeon him to death later on. :p

Memento

Name
Jemma

That sounds awesome. In the immortal words of Bart Scott: "Can't wait!"

JackStraw

Rookie
Pretty sure Barron was involved in ending Carson Palmer's season twice. He also put the hit on Wentz but that was rather innocuous.

Does that make him a dirty player?

Also I don't feel right judging defensive players character because I was a pretty big supporter of Leonard Little. His victim was not under contract.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No. And I gotta laugh at the Steelers or Steelers fans complaining about Burfict.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
How about kicking out the refs who miss personal fouls like those in the vid...

Memento

Name
Jemma
Getting on topic, if you have guys like Frank Clark (a known woman beater), Michael Vick (not only tortured dogs for fighting pits, but threw smaller dogs to the bigger dogs to be brutally killed), and Leonard Little (whom I never cheered for after his crime) on the field, I doubt that Burfict deserves a lifetime ban. A suspension could be in order, but that's it for me.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Getting on topic, if you have guys like Frank Clark (a known woman beater), Michael Vick (not only tortured dogs for fighting pits, but threw smaller dogs to the bigger dogs to be brutally killed), and Leonard Little (whom I never cheered for after his crime) on the field, I doubt that Burfict deserves a lifetime ban. A suspension could be in order, but that's it for me.

This isn't about the players actions in their personal lives. It's about what they do on the field.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
As long as he is fucking up Ben Ruthlessraper once a season, he should stay. #metoo

Memento

Name
Jemma
This isn't about the players actions in their personal lives. It's about what they do on the field.

I find that personal lives matter just as much as on the field actions. Frank Clark should've never been drafted, as what he did was much worse than Ray Rice, who was pushed out of the league. Michael Vick should've never been allowed to come back after his sociopathic tendencies toward animals. Leonard Little should've been kicked out years ago.

Believe me, I'm no fan of Burfict. I wrote about not wanting him a long time ago as an article when ROD still had those. But is he really worse than the aforementioned three?

And hey, if you want on-the-field transgressions, what about Haynesworth stomping on Gurode's face? Burfict's actions are mostly headshots and echo-to-the-whistle plays. Haynesworth went way too far and nearly ended Gurode's career. Are Burfict's actions really worse than Haynesworth's?

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Generally/hypothetically, I like to think that if a union member goes rogue and endangers the livelihood of other members, that the union/union bosses would take some action against the rogue member.

If only the NFL players had a real, live, genuine union. . . .
Oh well.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I find that personal lives matter just as much as on the field actions.

Has this player ever been convicted of a crime? If so, I haven't found a link to it yet. Btw I voted that he should be kicked out of the league for his on-field actions so I'm certainly not defending him.

Check this out, wow!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vontaze_Burfict

He has accumulated $4,038,534 in fines and forfeited salary through his career. :shocked:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hines Ward doesn't get your point.

There were also the Steelers defensive players who admitted to trying to intentionally injure Bengals players after Shazier suffered his injury (and I think they did injure Joe Mixon). They came to realize after seeing the player later that no Bengal player was at fault for Shazier's injury. Oops.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
When you think of those Raiders, Steelers and Bears defenses of yesteryear - they were brutal

He needs counselling for the traumas of his childhood

That hit on Brown was probably dirty and will result in another ban. He is a leader of that defense and that might be the problem, he needs to be surrounded by teammates who can help keep him in check. What a player though, it is a shame

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Burfict is the dirtiest player I have ever seen. He's 10 times worse than Romanowski ever was.
I think a ban is a bit much, though
Romo has admitted he would actually break dudes fingers on purpose while in a pile on a fumble so Burfict is one crazy dude!