Poll: Should Vontaze Burfict be kicked out of the NFL?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should Vontaze Burfict be kicked out of the NFL?

• Yes

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • A long suspension and a heavy fine

Votes: 22 31.4%

• Total voters

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He has accumulated $4,038,534 in fines and forfeited salary through his career. :shocked:

Wow, and that hasn't taught him a lesson..........so he's dirty and stupid as fuck too.

The NFL doesn't need guys like this, they can fuck up their image all by themselves without the help of morons like him.

Psycho_X

Legend
I don't know, I go back and forth. I originally selected long suspension and big fine which I think should definitely happen (like a year suspension since fines don't seem to work on him, eventually teams won't think he's worth it). But I didn't actually watch the video first. I then watched it and changed it to yes. I haven't watched that many Bengals games so only ever saw the highlights of the big helmet to helmet hits. Which are dirty as hell but in the moment of the play I give a slight pass to players as far as it being bannable. But after watching how often he goes after peoples knees when they don't even have the ball, that's just a calculated shot at trying to injure someone just to injure them. And the foot twisting and all that bullshit. But I don't know, some have done worse but he seems to do it over and over again so I wouldn't complain if they kicked the douchebag out of the league.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don't know, I go back and forth. I originally selected long suspension and big fine which I think should definitely happen (like a year suspension since fines don't seem to work on him, eventually teams won't think he's worth it). But I didn't actually watch the video first. I then watched it and changed it to yes. I haven't watched that many Bengals games so only ever saw the highlights of the big helmet to helmet hits. Which are dirty as hell but in the moment of the play I give a slight pass to players as far as it being bannable. But after watching how often he goes after peoples knees when they don't even have the ball, that's just a calculated shot at trying to injure someone just to injure them. And the foot twisting and all that bullcrap. But I don't know, some have done worse but he seems to do it over and over again so I wouldn't complain if they kicked the douchebag out of the league.

Google him and dirty plays and you can see him twisting ankles and diving into knees and more........he has no place in a sport.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

On this computer I am also using XP..........it is IMO the best version visually at least they have made.

I have 10 on my laptop and I dislike it.

KayJay

Starter
I watched him in college. I wanted the Rams to draft him. I do agree he is very dirty. But I'm going to have to disagree with getting him thrown out of the league. That is an overreaction; the man is a headcase for sure. And I do think a suspension & hefty fine is necessary.

But this is football. You slap him on the wrist. And since he has a history of it, put him on timeout like a child. Cut into his wallet. But keep it known, this is a contact sport. Even if you have to sit him for the rest of the year. But to ban a player is over doing it.

bluecoconuts

Legend

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
And I do think a suspension & hefty fine is necessary.

So far that hasn't made him behave differently. It isn't working, the NFL needs to do more.

He continues to try to injure players despite the list of fines etc I copied and pasted from an article from BEFORE this year started, the NFL doesn't need to have guys like that on the field. Injuries happen in a sport like this in large enough numbers that we don't need someone making efforts to do damage to other players.

He should lose the opportunity to play and have to reapply for reinstatement after one year.

Look at this list, it doesn't include this season and it doesn't include cheap shots he didn't get fined for.

In just six years in the NFL, Burfict has been suspended or fined a ridiculous 11 TIMES. Here's a rundown on all that madness:

Jay Morrison

âś”@JayMorrisonATH

https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonATH/status/984524598791364609

11th time Burfict has been suspended or fined by the league.#Bengals

4:12 PM - Apr 12, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy

September 22, 2013 - Burfict receives two fines totaling $31,000 for hitting Packers TE Ryan Taylor in the groin and hitting WR James Jones as a defenseless receiver.

October 13, 2013 - He's fined $7,875 for an errant facemask on Bills RB Fred Jackson.

October 27, 2013 - Burfict is fined for the second time in two weeks for dropping his helmet on a hit against Jets WR Stephen Hill. It cost him $21,000.

October 12, 2014 - A $25,000 fine is dished out as Burfict was caught twisting the ankles of numerous Panthers players.

December 13, 2015 - Burfict receives three separate fines totaling $69,450 against the Steelers.

January 9, 2016 - Burfict receives his first suspension, a three-game ban for consistent violations of player safety. This came after he concussed Antonio Brown with a brutal headshot.

October 16, 2016 - He is fined $75,000, his biggest one yet, for stomping on LeGarrette Blount's leg in a game.

November 20, 2016 - Burfict is fined $12,154 after flipping the bird to the crowd in Buffalo.

August 28, 2017 - Burfict is suspended another three games for an errant hit on Chiefs FB Anthony Sherman.

April 12, 2018 - The current situation. Burfict has been suspended the first four games of the 2018 season for a PED violation.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
That's Suh of the Lions and Dolphins.

The LA Rams Suh hasn't done anything dirty that I've seen.

Actually someone or something got to him in Miami because he stopped that shit and started acting like an adult.

His last two seasons there he was trouble free.

Either a coach or team mate got him to change or it may have been players giving him a taste of his own medicine. Or maybe there was language in his contract about that type of thing

IIRC he cost the Dolphins a game a few years back with a dirty hit on a pick-6 return. Maybe that did it.