Poll Question

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What Would You Rather Have

• Total voters

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Elite OL...easily for me.

Sam Bradford when not pressured in 2013:
71.2% completion%
4:1 TD:Int Ratio
106.8 QB Rating

Sam Bradford when pressured in 2013:
38.8% completion%
2:1 TD:Int Ratio
58.0 QB Rating

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I believe games are won and lost in the trenches. An elite OL can make the skill players appear to be elite.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I believe games are won and lost in the trenches. An elite OL can make the skill players appear to be elite.

Yep. Look at Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson behind that monster Chiefs OL and Shaun Alexander behind that great Seahawks OL. Priest was a solid HB in Baltimore and then his career took off in KC behind an amazing OL.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
You can win with either one. I'd like to see an elite D with a balanced O.

I did vote for OL. Seems to be a chicken or egg type question though. But OL won for me as my example was the whiners, I consider their skill players average except VD.
Yeah the whiners have "VD":D

Last edited:

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I'd say the elite line is preferable typically, but outside of LT (where we're set at for now), elite linemen are available later on.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Easy. Elite at skill positions. good at O-line. Lets ask the seahawks how they did it....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The GSOT didn't have an elite OL. They had elite skill players.

And sadly, the GSOT died before it should have because our franchise QB got beat to absolute hell and it ended up wrecking the middle part of his career. To make matters worse, Sam isn't as good as Warner at dealing with pressure.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
And sadly, the GSOT died before it should have because our franchise QB got beat to absolute hell and it ended up wrecking the middle part of his career. To make matters worse, Sam isn't as good as Warner at dealing with pressure.

Good points.

I think the play calling by Martz had a pretty big roll in those beatings too though. Every where he's been that has happened to the QB. Maybe that doesn't happen with an elite OL.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I say teams with elite DLines and OLines can make an average set of skill guys look really good. LOS is where games are won and lost.

I think it depends on your QB, some will thrive with the elite O line (Brady) some will thrive with the elite playmakers (Manning), I think Sam showed last season that he can be very good with the current playmakers we have and a very good O line, relating it to the Rams I'd like to improve both.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Same can be said for great drummers in bands,btw :D
Put a bad drummer behind a great band and you've got a bad band.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Putting together a Good O-Line is no easy task. Many teams would improve greatly if their O-Line could actually be graded out as Good. Let's not discount Good.

I like my chances with my good O-Line doing a good job for my Elite playmakers going up against all comers. Bring it.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Well, the Seahawks won the SB easily without an elite OL or an elite QB or elite WRS or elite TE.

So it doesn't prove much either way to me.

Just depends on the QB. Brady is elite with an elite OL, but he's worse than Wilson behind that Seattle OL.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Voted; elite oline

Everything; the running game, route development, and QB health goes through the oline.