Poll: Keep Raheem or get two 3rd round comp picks?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Would you rather keep Raheem Morris as DC, or receive two third round comp picks?

• Prefer to keep Raheem as DC

Votes: 15 19.0%
  • Prefer to get two 3rd round comp picks

Votes: 64 81.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I wonder if the voting on this poll would have been different if we knew that we'd lose so many assistant coaches to Atlanta as well?

Glad we got 2 3rd round comp picks. But man, it's a bummer to lose not only Raheem but all those other coaches, too.
A fair point. But often times a new DC wants to bring in his own staff anyway. Turnover kind of comes with the territory. I still very much prefer the two 3rd round picks. If it was one 3rd round pick only it would be a much harder choice IMO.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I wonder if the voting on this poll would have been different if we knew that we'd lose so many assistant coaches to Atlanta as well?

Glad we got 2 3rd round comp picks. But man, it's a bummer to lose not only Raheem but all those other coaches, too.
I don't know. Maybe it seems worse than it is.

Three were designated offensive or defensive assistants, with 4 or 5 years combined experience.

Zac Robinson came out of PFF and was the QB coach and pass game coordinator. Figured an OC opportunity was coming.

Then there is Jimmy Lake. Read that Morris had a lot to do with his hire but not sure that's accurate. Lake had the designation of Assistant Head Coach, while Aubrey Pleasant had (and currently retains) the titles of DBs coach and pass game coordinator.

I don't like all the changes either, and I figured McVay had a strong staff given how well the Team performed but this is the inevitable result of having a quality, YOUNG Coaching Staff.

Baltimore has lost its Defensive Coordinator (Macdonald) and two of its top-three position coaches (Weaver and Wilson to DC roles); and needed to promote it's remaining top, young position coach to DC (Orr).

The Rams struck gold with McVay. Sine 2018, everyone wants to hire the next Sean McVay.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Same old story IMO we lose coordinators and position coaches every year. No team does so at a higher clip than us. McVay has been pretty good at replacing them so far so I'll take the comp picks.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Same old story IMO we lose coordinators and position coaches every year. No team does so at a higher clip than us. McVay has been pretty good at replacing them so far so I'll take the comp picks.
Right.
Only potential counter-argument would be 2022... we lost 10 coaches after the 2021 SB year, and 2022 was a nosedive. (granted the injuries were horrible, but one wonders if the new coaching played a difference as well).

Like many, I have confidence that McVay will figure it out and get quality new coaches. Just a bummer he has to replace even more than usual this year.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Right.
Only potential counter-argument would be 2022... we lost 10 coaches after the 2021 SB year, and 2022 was a nosedive. (granted the injuries were horrible, but one wonders if the new coaching played a difference as well).

Like many, I have confidence that McVay will figure it out and get quality new coaches. Just a bummer he has to replace even more than usual this year.
Good point.
But I think the longer 21 season had more to do with the coaching staff issues in 22.