Poll: Dickerson or Faulk?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dickerson or Faulk?

• Dickerson

Votes: 19 29.7%
  • Faulk

Votes: 39 60.9%
  • Someone else

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Depends on the QB

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Boffo, you heartless monster, are you going to make me choose between my children next?!

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Without a doubt one dimensional. Run catch and block. ED ran great. Only that. Woulda coulda doesn't cut it. MF did it all and MF helped win it all.
Wow. You sure did learn a lot for someone who just became a Rams fan on October 28, 2012.
BRB. I have a squeaky wheel on my car. I think the axle needs some grease.
I'm not that mechanically inclined though, so I might take it to Stan ... my mechanic.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Wow. You sure did learn a lot for someone who just became a Rams fan on October 28, 2012.
I'm not that mechanically inclined though, so I might take it to Stan ... my mechanic.

I wouldn't do that, X. Stan takes a personal enjoyment in causing car Rex. Then your squeaky wheel and grease-less axle will be the least of your concerns.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I wouldn't do that, X. Stan takes a personal enjoyment in causing car Rex. Then your squeaky wheel and grease-less axle will be the least of your concerns.
He better not. He'll suffer the Wrath of this Rams fan if he does.

(lol. How many people other than a few of us are in total darkness over this exchange?)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

(lol. How many people other than a few of us are in total darkness over this exchange?)

(Uh...I'd say at least two-thirds of the board.)

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are we just Italicizing and Capitalizing random Words?

grease

Don't forget Rex, your idol.:p

grease

That darkness is a stain upon your heart.o_O

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

24qnxir.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
In this era of football: Faulk and I don't think twice.

20 years ago I'd go ED.

It's a different game these days.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Both are in the NFL Hall Of Fame mainly because of their contributions on the field for the BEST FUCKING TEAM EVER!

ED2105 IS STILL THE GREATEST EVER THOUGH !!!

THAT IS ALL

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Yeah. Tough crowd.

Besides the fact that Dickerson didn't really have a QB worth his weight from 83-86 (Everett was a rookie in 86), the Rams' passing game was almost non-existent. They were nearly 1-dimensional. If the defense got burned, the Rams had trouble coming back. Faulk had Warner. Faulk was an astonishing talent, but he did have a QB. Dickerson was the Rams offense.

There was also no FA at all. Teams had all the power. There was no CBA to give ED an option to do anything other than hold out. The NFLPA had to decertify, IIRC, sometime in the late 80's to get the NFL to the bargaining table. And these were Georgia's Rams, run by Shaw. In those days, the Rams were an accessory for Georgia.

Dickerson knew what he was worth to the team--sans a decent QB--but he wasn't going to get it without putting pressure on the FO. Different era.

If Dickerson had arrived in 93, when the first CBA was signed, he probably would have been a Ram for life.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah. Tough crowd.

Besides the fact that Dickerson didn't really have a QB worth his weight from 83-86 (Everett was a rookie in 86), the Rams' passing game was almost non-existent. They were nearly 1-dimensional. If the defense got burned, the Rams had trouble coming back. Faulk had Warner. Faulk was an astonishing talent, but he did have a QB. Dickerson was the Rams offense.

There was also no FA at all. Teams had all the power. There was no CBA to give ED an option to do anything other than hold out. The NFLPA had to decertify, IIRC, sometime in the late 80's to get the NFL to the bargaining table. And these were Georgia's Rams, run by Shaw. In those days, the Rams were an accessory for Georgia.

Dickerson knew what he was worth to the team--sans a decent QB--but he wasn't going to get it without putting pressure on the FO. Different era.

If Dickerson had arrived in 93, when the first CBA was signed, he probably would have been a Ram for life.
Great points and totally on the mark.

WillasDad

Rookie
Name
WillasDad
This is sad to say, but there is no doubt in my mind that had ED played for any of several other teams (Cowboys, Niners, Giants, Redskins, Broncos, etc.), we'd be talking about a household name on par with the likes of Walter Payton, Jim Brown, or even Bo Jackson. The Rams upper management really messed up on this one.