Poll: Best Chain Cheeseburger

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Non-homer take: Best Chain Cheeseburger in the Land!

• If it wasn't made by a gormet chef with gouda cheese, I aint eating it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Missing Fatburger and Five Guys and no way any of those except maybe Braum's is close.

A Fatburger Double King burger with everything plus grilled onions, chili and fried egg??? OMG. That damn burger is MASSIVE (a King burger is a single half pound smash burger, so we're talking a pound of meat from the jump), they use pickle relish instead of dill pickles so you get a different kind of bite when it combines with the ketchup... It's just... there's nothing better.

I can't eat that much meat anymore, so the runner up of the stuff I've had is Five Guys. No question. And I LOVE that they don't skimp on the fries.

In N Out burger used to be just so damned good and FRESH. Get a couple of 3x3 Animal Style and a couple of fries (I was skinny with a hollow leg back in the day) and I'd be set. Last couple of times I've tried In N Out, something was off. Tasted different in a bad way.

Based on the list, best I could go for with be the Wendy Dave's Triple. I end up having to ask for Xtra, Xtra, Xtra, Xtra Lettuce to avoid the thinnest of lettuce squares, but now the local place knows me and think it's funny and they give me a separate container with lettuce and it actually makes the burger better when I get home. It's not wilted. I can't eat bacon as the nitrates/nitrites trigger massive migraines for me. I can make the uncured bacon at home... had some today for Xmas breakfast...but I can't eat bacon from restaurants.

Broke a 14+ year boycott of McDonalds to eat a late night Double quarter pounder with cheese. Next day I had bad gut cramps. I boycott them for a reason. That shit'll kill ya. If I didn't live in an almost rural area with nothing open after midnight (was picking up my youngest from a late shift at work and had forgotten to eat all day), I would never have gone, but I figured "how bad could it be?" Yeah... next morning I was answering that question wondering if I was in labor...LOL.

Any weight loss goals would be history if they opened a Fatburger in my area. Cuz... that burger can change priorities on a Friday night... just sayin'

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
We have a local bar around me. They have 3 locations that I know of within two counties...technically, that's a chain...right?

Anyway, they have whats called the "Death by Bacon" its a 14oz hamburger patty and half a lb of bacon. Its fuckin awesome. $10 or $12 with fries. I have tried it a few times and have yet to finish it.View attachment 42238

Sadly, I probably could finish it... well, except for that raw onion ruining everything... /gak

MAN, I gotta get back into BJJ...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In'N'Out just plain simple all time old fashioned good! Oh and gotta have a strawberry shake after too. There are a lot of good burgers but I can't pass this option up ever.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
@CGI_Ram our hamburger connoisseur, what do you have north of us?

In and Out, What-a-Burger, Braums, White Castle... none of those are in Canada.

5 Guys is around sparsely (I haven‘t had). But by their menu... I can see they would be high on my list.

There is a difference to Canadian beef, I tend to notice it more in steaks. Local beef burgers taste unique here, just like they do everywhere. That’s what is awesome about burgers.... the differences. Sort of like microbrew. No such thing as a “bad burger” (only degrees of favorite).

Culver’s double with bacon and cheese

Yeah. Culvers crossed my mind when seeing this thread. They have nice burgers.

They start those with a tab of butter on top the raw burger, on the flat grill. If I remember right.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont know how anyone could say Burger King. I mean, I'd eat there in a pinch and all, but as for a great burger? Ugh. That fake "grill flavor" they inject their meat with is gross. Leaves an awful taste in the mouth for hours. They do have the best breakfast however.
For standard budget friendly fast food, Wendy's burgers are the most legit IMO.
Had Whataburger when I was in DFW, heard a lot about it and wasnt disappointed, havent have it enough to rate it though.
Five guys is incredibly overrated IMO, I mean its good and quality but if a burger, fries and a drink costs $20 I dont think of it as fast food

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dang guys, if I inserted all of the “must have“ restaraunts, the poll would have twenty options with one vote each! Hardy’s/Carl’s Jr is pretty good, but I was trying to be selective. I’ve never been to 5 Guys, but would try them. I’m kind of blown away that those of who have actually tried Braums, didn’t vote for it. It sounds like 5 Guys is more of a sit down restaurant burger like you get from Red Robin, than a fast food chain burger...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I’m kind of blown away that those of who have actually tried Braums, didn’t vote for it

Braums is mainly in Oklahoma, and some in Kansas, Arkansas, and North Texas. The furthest south is in a little town called Ennis, about 30 miles south of Dallas.

I am interested now. Not really heard of them before...

It sounds like the bun is the most signature part? I mean, obv the whole thing is good, but the signature?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It sounds like 5 Guys is more of a sit down restaurant burger like you get from Red Robin, than a fast food chain burger...
Not at all. It’s straight up fast food, (although none have a drive up in my area) it’s just priced like a sit down restaurant. By me,
Bacon Cheeseburger $9.79
Fries $4.99 (reg size enough for 2 people)
Large drink $2.89
Thats $17.67

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am interested now. Not really heard of them before...

It sounds like the bun is the most signature part? I mean, obv the whole thing is good, but the signature?
They actually have a small market in every store. They raise their own beef, vegetables, milk, many flavors of ice cream and frozen yogurts. The bread is incredible, but my wife would say their tomatoes are so sweet and good.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not at all. It’s straight up fast food, (although none have a drive up in my area) it’s just priced like a sit down restaurant. By me,
Bacon Cheeseburger $9.79
Fries $4.99 (reg size enough for 2 people)
Large drink $2.89
Thats $17.67
Holy shyte..what’s their value menu?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I was looking to start a fast food thread and found this, which is close. Some of these already mentioned places i'm not familiar with as they are strictly regional, but after spending the majority of my life in So. Cal. & Northern Arizona, I know what I like and know what I won't go near.
@Mackeyser got it right with Fatburger & In & Out, they lead the pack in my world, although I must also commend Jack in the Box which seems a surprise, but I won't touch their tacos. In & Outs fries are inconsistent, sometime soggy, so that's a point against them, otherwise never had a problem.

Wendy's & Tommy's are a level down but outshine the other well known names in fast food burgers, at least in my neck of the woods.
Crazy as it sounds, the best fast food fish taco I ever had came from El Pollo Loco, as they served them up for about 6 weeks a year until they discontinued them completely. Being a Mexican food snob, I have never had a fast food beef/chicken/carnitas taco that was worth a damn anywhere unless it came from a small mom & pop establishment.

The only thing i'll eat from a McDonalds are their fries, and Burger King, Carl's Jr, Arby's are poison to me imo. At least Carls was able to put out some great advertising for awhile with those ridiculously hot girls, but the food is garbage. Sorry Mojo, but to each his own ...
Brahm's sounds like a place i'd really like to try, but haven't heard of any opening where I live.

I'm also a pizza snob, so none of the franchises do it for me, i've found they all pretty much suck.
For fast food chicken, it's either El Pollo Loco or Popeyes.

Since the pandemic struck, I find myself ordering all kinds of food for delivery, restaurants that didn't use to be available unless you dine in or did take-away are now as close as your phone.

jmo.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Only been to two on the list. But if I had to say, Fuddruckers. The others on the list may be better, but I haven't had the pleasure as of today.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was looking to start a fast food thread and found this, which is close. Some of these already mentioned places i'm not familiar with as they are strictly regional, but after spending the majority of my life in So. Cal. & Northern Arizona, I know what I like and know what I won't go near.
@Mackeyser got it right with Fatburger & In & Out, they lead the pack in my world, although I must also commend Jack in the Box which seems a surprise, but I won't touch their tacos. In & Outs fries are inconsistent, sometime soggy, so that's a point against them, otherwise never had a problem.

Wendy's & Tommy's are a level down but outshine the other well known names in fast food burgers, at least in my neck of the woods.
Crazy as it sounds, the best fast food fish taco I ever had came from El Pollo Loco, as they served them up for about 6 weeks a year until they discontinued them completely. Being a Mexican food snob, I have never had a fast food beef/chicken/carnitas taco that was worth a damn anywhere unless it came from a small mom & pop establishment.

The only thing i'll eat from a McDonalds are their fries, and Burger King, Carl's Jr, Arby's are poison to me imo. At least Carls was able to put out some great advertising for awhile with those ridiculously hot girls, but the food is garbage. Sorry Mojo, but to each his own ...
Brahm's sounds like a place i'd really like to try, but haven't heard of any opening where I live.

I'm also a pizza snob, so none of the franchises do it for me, i've found they all pretty much suck.
For fast food chicken, it's either El Pollo Loco or Popeyes.

Since the pandemic struck, I find myself ordering all kinds of food for delivery, restaurants that didn't use to be available unless you dine in or did take-away are now as close as your phone.

jmo.
Braums is a regional chain. Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas,Oklahoma and Texas.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I love White Castle but surprised those are on this list. They are in a class of their own. I really hardly call them a hamburger, even though I know they are. They have such a love-hate acceptance, they can’t possibly win this poll.

But I love those fuckers.
What the hell is wrong with you?
Also @Mackeyser, I eat at McDonalds once a year to confirm why I only eat there once a year.

AS to the OT, never had Braums, but have ridden to Kingman for a Whataburger - 1 1/2 hours away.

Last edited: