Plenty of FAs left guys.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Jackson and Thomas both are likely to go in the 2nd. Next season you still have $12 mil tied up in Mack with $10.5+ tied up in Long, and you have to try to retain Barks while re-upping Quinn and a few other hopeful future stars. I like the idea of the two guards you have pegged. Not sure how it all works out in the future cap scene though.

First contracts are going to be cheaper and you can then stretch out the cap hits while having elite talent on your line. I would really like to see us put the O-line mostly out of our collective minds for at least a few years. It's one of my main reasons for wanting to go O-line at top of the draft and with at least one more near the top.

I think you may be mistaken my brother. I don't think the transition tag guarantees him anything for the first year of his deal. I'm pretty sure it's like the franchise tag where if Mack signs it, he stays there for that cap number, but I'm sure he and his agent, Kevin Demoff's father, will seek an offer in the 5 to 6 year range. I say offer the guy 5 yr $37-40 mill/22-24 mill guaranteed and put the best center in the league on our oline.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I think you may be mistaken my brother. I don't think the transition tag guarantees him anything for the first year of his deal. I'm pretty sure it's like the franchise tag where if Mack signs it, he stays there for that cap number, but I'm sure he and his agent, Kevin Demoff's father, will seek an offer in the 5 to 6 year range. I say offer the guy 5 yr $37-40 mill/22-24 mill guaranteed and put the best center in the league on our oline.
Assuming the Browns don't match. The transition tag gives them 5 days to do exactly that and if they do he remains a Brown.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler

As the report indicates, I think the smart teams are waiting for the frenzy to slow down to make the value signings, and Mack would be considered one of those guys. I hope we are one of those 4 teams.

If we see Wells get cut in the next few days, I think we are in on this guy. I mean c'mon!! His agent is our COO's father, I am willing to bet he and his dad are in constant communication about Big Mack.

BELIEVE!!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This is what I read. Correct me if this is wrong.

The Browns designated their two-time Pro Bowler as their transition player, meaning he's guaranteed to make $10.039 million in 2014.

They apparently could franchise him next year at a cost of $12 mil. I'm thinking that is pretty close to what a team would have to offer him. Demoff Sr or not.

Alan

Legend
I think there's an equipment manager out there somewhere too.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
This is what I read. Correct me if this is wrong.

They apparently could franchise him next year at a cost of $12 mil. I'm thinking that is pretty close to what a team would have to offer him. Demoff Sr or not.

I think that salary is only guaranteed if he signs the tag, ala like the franchise tag. He's said he's going to test the market.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Jared Allen(31) hasn't missed a game since 2007.
His sack totals the last five seasons...
2013- 11.5
2012- 12
2011- 22
2010- 11
2009- 14.5

nighttrain

Legend
Means he is guaranteed a little over $10 mil for one year and the Browns have the right to match any offer. I may be wrong but a I also believe that if a team does match, they also lose a draft pick. I'd have to look at that more - or maybe someone here knows. for sure
if he's given a franchise tag, 1st rounder comes from team that signs him, transition, no compensation, Browns just have first right to match offer and keep him
train

Alan

Legend
nighttrain with a concise explanation:
if he's given a franchise tag, 1st rounder comes from team that signs him, transition, no compensation, Browns just have first right to match offer and keep him
No poison pills allowed anymore too.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  1. He wants his market value, he wants his fair salary, and if he does not get it, Jared Allen is very much at peace... He is willing to simply go about his life and walk away from football.

- NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport, saying Jared Allen would contemplate retirement.
http://www.nfl.com/

I read that and if he really did say that he just cost himself millions of dollars because GM's are not going to respect that attitude. And if he is butt hurt that the Broncos offered him the same deal they ended up giving Ware but asked him to wait while they met with him he needs to grow the fuck up. It's a business Jared.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
You know what's funny.

Let's say the Rams sign Davin Joseph tonight and eventually land Chris Clemons to play safety. If they had made these moves yesterday many people (though not all by a long shot) that are up in arms about the Rams would probably have a much different attitude than they will if/when these happen.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think that salary is only guaranteed if he signs the tag, ala like the franchise tag. He's said he's going to test the market.
And he would sign a contract for millions less? He's with little doubt the best center in the game. According to Spotrac - his base salary for '14 is 10.039 http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/alex-mack/

I'm pretty sure that placing the transition tag on a player means they can still test the market but if a team offers him a contract, the Browns have 5 days to match. If nothing happens, he can sign that offer anytime for the $10.039. The Browns have a shit ton more money still as far as I understand. You really think A) he is going to take less money than Saffold and B) that the Browns would let him get away for anywhere near that amount?

My guess is that they transition tagged him to save $2 mil knowing that no other team was going to outbid them. If we get him, I'd be happy. But I think it is going to take a fair bit more than 7-8 mil per year.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You know what's funny.

Let's say the Rams sign Davin Joseph tonight and eventually land Chris Clemons to play safety. If they had made these moves yesterday many people (though not all by a long shot) that are up in arms about the Rams would probably have a much different attitude than they will if/when these happen.

We ARE fans - right? :D