Please Snisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Sign Mike Wallace! He's worth the 6.

Wallace
Draft Hill
Draft Zach Brown
Draft Jerel Worthy
Draft Ronnie Hillman

PLEASE! lol

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Trade down first, get an extra pick, and draft another OLB in the second as well and that would be golden.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I dont think he is worth the 6th. Its a one year rental. It doesnt make sense. I would love to see us be contender for the title, but realistically the process will take a few years.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
If they traded w/ Cleveland and their 2 1sts, I would've traded the 22nd for him. Then Claiborne w/ the 4th pick.

But we don't, who knows, maybe a 3rd and next years 1st for him. He's a stud.

bluecoconuts

Legend
If we're gonna take him for a first, we might as well trade down to someone in the 20's and get more picks, then do it. Otherwise just hope that Blackmon is there at 6 and let him grow with Sam. Blackmon might not be a Calvin Johnson, but he's got skill, and this is going to be a process that takes another 2-3 years (ugh)... So we have time to build into a contender that constantly is up there year in and year out.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Its very complicated for us to trade for him (learned this recently on Twitter). When it comes to RFAs and draft pick compensation we would have to use our original pick. So if the Patriots really wanted Amendola they would have to give their 2nd round pick thats in the 60s, not the higher one. We dont have an original 1st round pick to trade for Wallace. That doesnt mean its impossible to trade for him. I was able to look up the Charlie Whitehurst trade to the Seahawks. Rams Herd brought this up on twitter, he was an RFA with a 3rd round tender. They swapped 2nd round picks, and the Seahawks gave up a 2011 3rd round pick. The Chargers were willing to trade Whitehurst. Why would the Steelers be a willing trade partner and want to get rid of Mike Wallace? He doesnt have character concerns like Santonio Holmes did.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
JdashSTL said:
Its very complicated for us to trade for him (learned this recently on Twitter). When it comes to RFAs and draft pick compensation we would have to use our original pick. So if the Patriots really wanted Amendola they would have to give their 2nd round pick thats in the 60s, not the higher one. We dont have an original 1st round pick to trade for Wallace. That doesnt mean its impossible to trade for him. I was able to look up the Charlie Whitehurst trade to the Seahawks. Rams Herd brought this up on twitter, he was an RFA with a 3rd round tender. They swapped 2nd round picks, and the Seahawks gave up a 2011 3rd round pick. The Chargers were willing to trade Whitehurst. Why would the Steelers be a willing trade partner and want to get rid of Mike Wallace? He doesnt have character concerns like Santonio Holmes did.
I wonder if they'd be willing to take #33 (which is like a first round pick) and a third. I'd do that in a heartbeat.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
brokeu91 said:
JdashSTL said:
I wonder if they'd be willing to take #33 (which is like a first round pick) and a third. I'd do that in a heartbeat.

But why would the Steelers wanna do that? No off-field concerns, will be 26 when the season starts, and he averages 18.8 YPC. They put the tender on him because they have cap issues, they released some veterans and restructured some contracts. I just have a hard time seeing him leave a smart organization like the Steelers.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
All for trading down for the Wallace, but can't go too far down cause other teams may have the same idea. Pats might jump on him with their 1st or even Dallas. Browns would be a possibility.
To sign him to a contract that the Steelers wont match will start at the 5@ 55 mil. that V. Jackson got. But he's worth it.
If the Rams fill more needs in FA, which they should then sign Wallace there will be some serious cap cuts to fit in his contract this year.

But I'm all for it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Wallace is worth 6th overall.

At least we have that to trump most other suitors.

We are really in a pickle right now at WR... But we have options in the draft... Albeit less certain than Wallace.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Angry Ram

JdashSTL said:
brokeu91 said:
JdashSTL said:

But why would the Steelers wanna do that? No off-field concerns, will be 26 when the season starts, and he averages 18.8 YPC. They put the tender on him because they have cap issues, they released some veterans and restructured some contracts. I just have a hard time seeing him leave a smart organization like the Steelers.

He's got a bit of an ego. @ least that's what I read Steeler fans say. But then again that's on CBS boards...and only smug "I know so much more football and like to over analyze every damn little thing" type ppl.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Angry Ram said:
JdashSTL said:
brokeu91 said:
JdashSTL said:

He's got a bit of an ego. @ least that's what I read Steeler fans say. But then again that's on CBS boards...and only smug "I know so much more football and like to over analyze every damn little thing" type ppl.

Are any of the fans worried about possibly losing him? And teams that are interested in him are gonna have to come up with a good enough contract offer (I dont think we can go that route) to hope the Steelers opt to not match it.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
All receivers are cocky. That's part of the position. In fact, cornerbacks and receivers and literally in a 2 hour long battle and even when one is getting beat he is still talking trash like he's the s***. It's in the job description.

Angry Ram

JdashSTL said:
Angry Ram said:
JdashSTL said:
brokeu91 said:
JdashSTL said:

Are any of the fans worried about possibly losing him? And teams that are interested in him are gonna have to come up with a good enough contract offer (I dont think we can go that route) to hope the Steelers opt to not match it.

Nah. Pretty sure he'll be a Steeler in 2012. He might hold out, and if that happens, fans aren't gonna like that. They like him, but whenever they lose, he's almost always a target from fans. But then again that happens w/ every team, especially on the internets.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
If the Rams love Blackmon at 6, then it'd be logical to love Wallace more at 6. He's got height and speed on Blackmon, he's still young and OSU receivers don't exactly have the greatest pedigree for NFL success.

You'd have to imagine that if you offer Wallace anything over $12 mil a year you're guaranteed to get him because of the Steelers' financial bind. Plus they'll just have to deal with it all again next year when they'll have Wallace, Brown and Sanders to try and resign, they might be inclined to let him walk for the pick to save a headache next year.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Warner4Prez said:
If the Rams love Blackmon at 6, then it'd be logical to love Wallace more at 6. He's got height and speed on Blackmon, he's still young and OSU receivers don't exactly have the greatest pedigree for NFL success.

You'd have to imagine that if you offer Wallace anything over $12 mil a year you're guaranteed to get him because of the Steelers' financial bind. Plus they'll just have to deal with it all again next year when they'll have Wallace, Brown and Sanders to try and resign, they might be inclined to let him walk for the pick to save a headache next year.

He's got speed on Blackmon - Blackmon has the height and weight advantage. Agreed on the pedigree though. I guess I'm not as much of a FA receiver kind of guy. I'd rather see the Rams draft a couple receivers for THEIR system.