PLEASE READ: The NFL Meetings on Relocation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Attention Members -

The NFL is allegedly voting this week on which teams will be allowed to relocate to Los Angeles. As a forum, we decided many months ago to refrain from relocation talk so we could stay focused on football and our love of the team. However, it appears, these decisions are now upon us.

Once an announcement is made by the NFL; we will open the main forum for conversation on whatever news is shared with us.

Recognizing the potential of their announcements;
  1. If it is decided a team or teams are approved for relocation; fans in the cities of San Diego, Oakland, and St. Louis are potentially getting their hearts ripped out. That is something football fans in St. Louis and Los Angeles know all too familiar. Accordingly, we urge and insist members show compassion for each other.
  2. The rules for posting here at ROD apply to everyone. We will not tolerate name calling and personal attacks of another member. Those situations will be dealt with firmly and promptly.
  3. Do not put your membership at risk by reacting in the moment. If you need time off, take it.
In closing, it is with mixed emotion this day is upon us. On one hand, we are glad this is potentially behind us. On the other, we recognize this has the potential to shake up our family.

The admin team will be adding their thoughts below.

Cheers!

CGI

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Did some reading on three other Rams forums today that allow open discussions on this topic, and am now certain we made the right decision to limit relocation talk to one thread. The division, accusations, and name-calling among members of those Rams forums is not only sad but totally unnecessary. Since this whole mess began until now, does anyone yet know for sure what the NFL will decide? No!

As we said from the beginning, as soon as there is a definitive answer for which team(s) will move and which team(s) won't, we will open up the discussion and everyone will have an opportunity to voice their opinion. All we ask is that you be respectful of one another's point of view.

Thanks to all the members here who have been patient with us and loyal throughout this whole process.

PT

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I haven't been able to talk about the relocation/stadium topic from the beginning. I hate what it's done to our loyal fan base. My heart goes out to all those Ram Fans who feel they have lost in this nightmare. I wish this wasn't happening to us all. We are the true Die-Hard Ram Fans here... I don't want to lose any of you as Fans of our Rams. We can all disagree on different things concerning our team,,, but we should never disagree on who our favorite team is.

When we open this thing back up... please know that we're opening it up for the news that will come with it concerning the team. There will be a multitude of developments that will be very news worthy no matter what is decided. We want to be able to discuss these things in a ROD respectable manner. Name calling and disrespecting any member of the Rams has never been accepted here and it will not start this week. Please respect this while you are going through this process with the rest of your Ram Family.

I'm thanking all of you in advance for your respect for each other.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't have much to add to the original post by @CGI_Ram . The one thing I will add however is the rule that we have always held to here at ROD.
The rules for posting here at ROD apply to everyone. We will not tolerate name calling and personal attacks of another member.

So I would simply add to the above statement:
...nor any current player, coach, member of the front office, OR owner.

I completely understand the emotion of the fans from St Louis and if the decision should go toward the team moving to Inglewood, the emotions will be at an all time high toward ownership. And though the desire may be there to use colorful adjectives toward the Rams owner, it simply is not something we can allow. No matter how this all shakes out, some of our members will be greatly pained by the outcome. It sucks big time.

I can tell you as a moderator here, this is going to be a very tough time on our board. We are and have always been a location neutral board and will continue to be into the future. I hope to be discussing our team with all of the members currently here on ROD into the off season and beyond and, though it will be difficult, my hope is that we can put this chapter behind us as soon as possible and as much as possible. I know for some that will not be possible and I can say that I can't blame them one bit no matter which outcome they are hoping for.

To all of our Rams brothers here, I lift a glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.