Playoff Scenarios

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm not clear on who plays who when the playoffs start. Say the Rams and Saints both win out the regular season and get a first round bye. Do Saints get winner of wild card? Who do the Rams get? And if Saints lose to whoever they get and Rams win, do the Rams get HFA? I know wild cards are still not decided.
What other scenarios are possible?

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Higher seed always plays the lower seed.

So currently you'd have:

1. Saints
2. Rams

3. Bears
4. Cowboys
5. Seahawks
6. Vikings

The Rams can not possibly play the Vikings in the divisional round, and the Saints can not possibly play the Bears. That 3/6 game ultimately determines who plays who. If Minnesota beats Chicago, we would play the winner of Dallas and Seattle. If Chicago beats Minnesota, then New Orleans would play the winner of Dallas and Seattle.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also, the higher seed always plays at home - so in that scenario, if the Saints lost and we won, we would be at home for the NFCCG

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Seeds 1-4 are the 4 divisional winners (based on record and then the tiebreakers)

Seeds 5,6 are wildcards (the 5 seed could have a better overall record than the #2 seed) - this May happen with the Chiefs and Chargers - winning your division matters.

The 6 seed plays the 3 seed
The 4 and the 5 seed play

For these games (wildcard weekend) the 3 and 4 seeds play at home.

1 and 2, of course get the bye

In round 2, the 1 seed gets the lowest seed remaining. It doesn’t work like a bracket.

It’s interesting. In the NFC, the 2 seed is likely to get an easier game in the second round (Bears)

In the AFC, the one seed is likely getting the tougher game (Chiefs - Chargers)

The Ramowl

Starter
I think if we are second seed we play the Bears. They are a really good team right now and I think their homefield advantage will be strong.
If we get first seed I think its Seahawks or Cowboys, hard to say which one would get out of that wild card game