Playoff Race Update and Week 15 Projections (Rams will rise, somewhat)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
With the Giants taking out the Packers, things got a bit more interesting!

The 49ers, Eagles, Cowboys and Lions are still comfortably locked into playoff spots. A fifth spot is held by the NFC South leading Bucs.

That leaves the following teams fighting for the remaining two playoff births:

Vikings 7-6
Packers 6-7

Rams 6-7
Seahawks 6-7
Falcons 6-7
Saints 6-7

Week 15 looks promising for the Rams. We'll bounce back against the Commodes. The Vikings will fall @ the Bengals. The Falcons will jump back into the NFC South lead with a win at Carolina, while the Bucs fall at Green Bay. The Seahawks will lose to the Eagles, while the Saints will beat the Giants.

This will leave the Rams outside looking in for another week, but only due to the Vikings superior conference record:

Vikings 7-7
Packers 7-7

Rams 7-7
Saints 7-7
Bucs 6-8
Seahawks 6-8

This will set up a key TNF showdown against the Saints... but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Keep this thing going!

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
With the Giants taking out the Packers, things got a bit more interesting!

The 49ers, Eagles, Cowboys and Lions are still comfortably locked into playoff spots. A fifth spot is held by the NFC South leading Bucs.

That leaves the following teams fighting for the remaining two playoff births:

Vikings 7-6
Packers 6-7

Rams 6-7
Seahawks 6-7
Falcons 6-7
Saints 6-7

Week 15 looks promising for the Rams. We'll bounce back against the Commodes. The Vikings will fall @ the Bengals. The Falcons will jump back into the NFC South lead with a win at Carolina, while the Bucs fall at Green Bay. The Seahawks will lose to the Eagles, while the Saints will beat the Giants.

This will leave the Rams outside looking in for another week, but only due to the Vikings superior conference record:

Vikings 7-7
Packers 7-7

Rams 7-7
Saints 7-7
Bucs 6-8
Seahawks 6-8

This will set up a key TNF showdown against the Saints... but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Keep this thing going!
I’m not sure the Pack get a W against the Bucs. If they can’t beat the Giants, they may struggle against another inferior team.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’m not sure the Pack get a W against the Bucs. If they can’t beat the Giants, they may struggle against another inferior team.
That would be great, but they are tougher at home. If you're right, we could be back in a playoff spot by this time next week!

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Of course the Skins could be our Giants...
Would I be pointing out the obvious to say that the phrase "could be" can be used to project ANY outcome?

Yes, any team can win or lose in a given week.

I like our chances against the Commodes.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
If Detroit turns around their play, they could be the way the Rams get in since tgey play both the Vikings and Packers soon.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
If Detroit turns around their play, they could be the way the Rams get in since tgey play both the Vikings and Packers soon.
Nope, GB and Minn play each other and Det and Minn play twice.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
GB losing tonight was great for us. It makes things look much better. Now it feels like we're chasing two teams instead of just chasing Minnesota.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
We'll bounce back against the Commodes. The Vikings will fall @ the Bengals. The Falcons will jump back into the NFC South lead with a win at Carolina, while the Bucs fall at Green Bay. The Seahawks will lose to the Eagles, while the Saints will beat the Giants.

You must be a millionaire by now, if you know the outcome of every NFL game before it's played. . . .

TexasRam

Legend
Detroit better be careful.

Their defense is suspect and Oline a bit banged up.

If they lose out - Minn 2x, Denver and Dallas - Which is possible, then they don't make the playoffs.

In simulations I ran, We get the tiebreaker over Detroit for the 7 seed, with Minn at #6 and GB winning their division.

Lots of things can happen for the Rams making the playoffs, depending on how teams beat up on each other in the south and north.

It still come down to us winning the next 3 and we should be in.

Assuming we don't lay an egg somewhere along the line. The Gmen and the Saints could upset us if we are not on our game.

dang

Legend
The Rams are flawed but they proved they can hang with the bigs boys on Sunday. Now they either take care of business in the next 3 weeks or start the reload process early for next year. We all know the 69ers will be playing to win in week 18 to lock up playoff home field advantage. Go Rams!!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man, being that the Rams play the Saints (and hopefully win), you'd like to see the Saints in the mix for the tiebreaker. So if it turns out that there's 5 or 6 teams tied and the assumed beaten Saints and the Seahawks are in that group, it would bode well for the Rams. I believe the 1st tiebreaker among multiple teams is record among common opponents.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
After you get past the top 4 teams in the NFC, it becomes a crapshoot. Anyone can win on a given day. Anyone can lose. I thought the Packers were ready to separate themselves. Jordan Love was looking like the franchise guy they drafted him for to replace Aaron Rogers. He looked nothing like that last night.

Minnesota managed a grand total of 3 points against a very average if that Raiders defense. And still won. That offense does not bode well with them facing 4 tough games to finish the season. Against the Bengals, Packers and Lions twice.

Tampa, Atlanta and New Orleans are all in the mix along with us. Two spots open for six teams. Actually 5 because one will win the South. Too bad we're not in that division.

Q729

Legend
Would I be pointing out the obvious to say that the phrase "could be" can be used to project ANY outcome?

Yes, any team can win or lose in a given week.

I like our chances against the Commodes.
Just in reference to current events where I'm sure people were expecting the Packers to notch a win last night. As stated in the last comment of the vent thread, I'm all for returning to .500 land!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Two spots open for six teams. Actually 5 because one will win the South.
As crazy as it's been going, you cant even completely rule out the 5-8 teams.
8 Teams mathematically alive for the last 2 spots