Playoff Race Update and Week 14 Projection

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Not sure how the tie breaker would work if GB, Minn and the Rams all finish tied
I played around with the playoff machine. I did not see a scenario where we would get in if we end up tied with them. Assuming we go 3-2 I think Minny going 2-3 is our best shot. They do have a tougher schedule than Green Bay. Two against Detroit and one with the Packers. The Bengals aren't an easy out the way Jake Browning has been playing. If the Raiders beat them it puts us in a good spot win or lose Sunday.

I think Seattle's gonna lose the next two. But they could win the last 3 playing the Titans, Steelers and Cardinals. If we win the 3 we should win it leaves them out of the mix. I just hope the 49ers didn't expose the Eagles weaknesses. I'm hearing tackling has been problem for them and it wasn't good against the 49ers.

GhostTide

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we had beaten Ravens our playoff chances would have been pretty good. With the loss it’s looking bad.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Rams win their next 3 games they’ll get in. Of course getting in is being served up to Philly or SF on the road. But they’ll get in. And they should win all three games.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Rams win their next 3 games they’ll get in. Of course getting in is being served up to Philly or SF on the road. But they’ll get in. And they should win all three games.
I can think of nothing better than knocking SF out of the playoffs.... :dizzy:

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we had beaten Ravens our playoff chances would have been pretty good. With the loss it’s looking bad.

To me it looks the same. We need Seattle to lose one more (they play Philly next), and need Minnesota to lose three. Even if they win today, they're at Cincy next week who is looking great, then have Detroit twice and Green Bay once. Seems likely they lose three.

If we take care of business and win the next three, I think we will be in.

Memphis Ram

Legend
So much focus on the Vikings and Packers, but one of those NFC South teams might become an issue.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Most painful thing about the loss today is how well it would have set us up, given how the next three games look. So here's what I'm thinking right now. Easy game, dangerous game in my opinion, as referenced from that team's perspective. Some games are tough for both of course.

Eagles (10-3) <NFC East> @Dallas > @Seattle > NYG > Arizona > @NYG
Shitters (10-3) <NFC West> @Arizona > Baltimore > @Washington > LA
Lions (9-4) <NFC North> Denver > @Minnesota > @Dallas > Minnesota
Bucs (6-7) <NFC South> @Green Bay > Jacksonville > New Orleans > @Carolina

Cowboys (10-3) @ Buffalo > @Miami > Detroit > @Commodes
Vikings (7-6) @Cincinnati > Detroit > Green Bay > @Detroit
Packers (6-6) @NYG > Tampa Bay > @Carolina > @Minnesota > Chicago
Rams (6-7) Washington > New Orleans > @NYG > @SF
Falcons (6-7) @Carolina > Indianapolis > @Chicago > @New Orleans
Saints (6-7) NYG > @LA > @Tampa Bay > Atlanta

Bears, Giants, and Commodes I think are all as good as out of it. Don't think any of them are good enough to finish strong.

Rams have a good chance to get 3 more wins and at least enter that final game vs SF in the wildcard chase. We are gunning for the Vikings IMO. Packers are likely to finish with 9 wins and we won't catch the Cowboys.

Falcons are more likely I think to finish strong than Tampa Bay as I think their sched has better matchups. Splitting hairs in guesswork of course with that division. Not sure what happens if we finish with same record as them.

Lions have a very challenging final stretch. Think they still win the division but if the Packers finish strong it'll be close.

Eagles should still win the division in spite of tonight's loss to the Cowboys (assumption based on game right now). Their sched is cruise control in comparison.

TexasRam

Legend
Most painful thing about the loss today is how well it would have set us up, given how the next three games look. So here's what I'm thinking right now. Easy game, dangerous game in my opinion, as referenced from that team's perspective. Some games are tough for both of course.

Eagles (10-3) <NFC East> @Dallas > @Seattle > NYG > Arizona > @NYG
Shitters (10-3) <NFC West> @Arizona > Baltimore > @Washington > LA
Lions (9-4) <NFC North> Denver > @Minnesota > @Dallas > Minnesota
Bucs (6-7) <NFC South> @Green Bay > Jacksonville > New Orleans > @Carolina

Cowboys (10-3) @ Buffalo > @Miami > Detroit > @Commodes
Vikings (7-6) @Cincinnati > Detroit > Green Bay > @Detroit
Packers (6-6) @NYG > Tampa Bay > @Carolina > @Minnesota > Chicago
Rams (6-7) Washington > New Orleans > @NYG > @SF
Falcons (6-7) @Carolina > Indianapolis > @Chicago > @New Orleans
Saints (6-7) NYG > @LA > @Tampa Bay > Atlanta

Bears, Giants, and Commodes I think are all as good as out of it. Don't think any of them are good enough to finish strong.

Rams have a good chance to get 3 more wins and at least enter that final game vs SF in the wildcard chase. We are gunning for the Vikings IMO. Packers are likely to finish with 9 wins and we won't catch the Cowboys.

Falcons are more likely I think to finish strong than Tampa Bay as I think their sched has better matchups. Splitting hairs in guesswork of course with that division. Not sure what happens if we finish with same record as them.

Lions have a very challenging final stretch. Think they still win the division but if the Packers finish strong it'll be close.

Eagles should still win the division in spite of tonight's loss to the Cowboys (assumption based on game right now). Their sched is cruise control in comparison.
If we beat the Saints and win 3 of our last 4, we would have the head to head over the Saints for the Wildcard.

I ran multiple scenarios and if we tie Atlanta or Tampa we get the tiebreaker if same record.

But the Vikings only need to win two games - the simulator showed they win the tiebreaker over us no matter who those two teams are that they beat, and the Lions are not exactly looking great right now.

This is not 100% confirmed for all scenarios, but it does appear that if we win the next 3 games then we will get the wildcard.

Last edited:

TexasRam

Legend
If we beat the Saints and win 3 of our last 4, we would have the head to head over the Saints for the Wildcard.

I ran multiple scenarios and if we tie Atlanta or Tampa we get the tiebreaker if same record.

But the Vikings only need to win two games - the simulator showed they win the tiebreaker over us no matter who those two teams are that they beat, and the Lions are not exactly looking great right now.

This is not 100% confirmed for all scenarios, but it does appear that if we win the next 3 games then we will get the wildcard.
The Vikings get the tiebreaker over us if they win any two games however. Unless we win out all 4.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

So it does seem the Vikes are who we're gunning for. And we're going to need them to lose 3 of 4. Feels dicey at best.

I have a feeling we're gonna need to beat SF that final week to get in.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
So do we still control our own destiny if we win out?
Nope, Green Bay plays the Gmen tomorrow and they beat us. They have to drop 2 out of 4 and their coach....................HAS NEVER LOST A DECEMBER GAME`

TexasRam

Legend
So it does seem the Vikes are who we're gunning for. And we're going to need them to lose 3 of 4. Feels dicey at best.

I have a feeling we're gonna need to beat SF that final week to get in.
Yea its possible we win three straight and need to beat SF to get in.

Seems the Niners will want that win for the bye and homefield advantage in the playoffs.

The Eagles have a cake schedule - Gmen twice, Commodes and Seattle.

Cowboys have a brutal 3 games - Miami, Buffalo and Detroit.

But the Vikings just had Jefferson go down again and mustered 3 points vs the Raiders. So, they are not exactly looking great.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So much focus on the Vikings and Packers, but one of those NFC South teams might become an issue.

We win tie breakers over the NFC South teams, but lose them to the Packers and Vikings.

3-1 finishes are likely as good as any team on that list is going to get, especially in the NFC South.

Packers have an easier schedule, but any given Monday.....if they lose tonight, it would have us sitting pretty with the loser of the Vikings/Packers game then being in some trouble.

But either way.....the Vikings should lose 3 of their last 4 (assuming Detroit is a good team and not the one from the last four weeks), which allows us to get in if we win the next three.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
49ers with wins over Philly and Dallas so its possible they've clinched home field prior to week 18
Have to believe that Shanny wont want to take any chances of getting anyone hurt in that game.
I have a feeling the Rams will need to win that game to get in

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
GB schedule is soft. Vikings and GB play, so one will have 7 losses. Rams will take care of tiebreakers vs Saints by beating them. NFC south teams will beat each other. Rams have tiebreaker on Hawks.

Rams go 9-8, Vikings still have @cincy, Detroit twice and GB with now their third string QB.

Piece of garbage Raiders kinda screwed us. Def need Cincy to win and we're in decent shape. Giants pulling an upset would be nice.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’ll do an update tomorrow after Green Bay plays. Suffice to say, we’re still in the mix and could be back in a playoff slot in a week.