Playoff QB rankings...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Lamar Jackson one of the worst Playoff QBs ever

Keep him contained and he usually sucks.

Containing him is the hard part though.
He's set up this year though with a very good defense (and everything around him on offense as well). I think he's got a nice shot to win it all if he just runs the offense and avoids turnovers. They're the best balanced team, and the shitters are right behind them.

If it was just the QBs then I think we're as good off as any team. The young elites (Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, etc) are not any better than Stafford in the crunch. With reasonable protections he's as good as it gets.

But anyway the question of who's gonna win it all comes down to the teams. Being in great shape at QB is nice but we're gonna need miracles on defense and special teams. Just hope it isn't SF because I don't want to hear the media jocks sucking them off all offseason. They need to come up short. Have to.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I found both the title and content of interest.
I had a gut feeling it would be a popularity contest based on opinion with minimal logical arguments using experience, accomplishments and playoff production. There are so many bad articles written to stir up replies. Fansided produces many of them

Last edited:

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Mahomes and Stafford 1 & 2, an argument can be made to support either one as the #1. Stafford was doing Mahomes shit before Mahomes was in high school, maybe not as elusive.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Fansided writers have a short memory. Stafford was great in the 2021 playoffs. He had a weak Oline, not much of a running game and one healthy starting receiver in the Super Bowl. He was the best fourth-quarter QB in the league that year too.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Fansided writers have a short memory. Stafford was great in the 2021 playoffs. He had a weak Oline, not much of a running game and one healthy starting receiver in the Super Bowl. He was the best fourth-quarter QB in the league that year too.
Ok Stafford did not have a "weak oline" in that sb run. It was quite the opposite. He was pressured only on 16.4% of his attempts and that's was the 2nd best in the league.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Ok Stafford did not have a "weak oline" in that sb run. It was quite the opposite. He was pressured only on 16.4% of his attempts and that's was the 2nd best in the league.
True the pass pro was very good. As we all know it was the run game/blocking/backs/scheme that went from smoke and mirrors to non-existent in the big game.

Nice course correction this season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah that OL couldn't run the ball for shit. This OL is better but of course we don't have a dominant defense heading in.

But if they can just get back to that group they were earlier in the year...

Psycho_X

Legend
Mahomes and Stafford 1 & 2, an argument can be made to support either one as the #1. Stafford was doing Mahomes shit before Mahomes was in high school, maybe not as elusive.
Same. If I had to pick one QB for this specific playoff run only (no future considerations) I'd probably pick Stafford #1. Him and Mahomes are the only ones who have proven clutch in the playoffs and Stafford is on a hot streak compared to Mahomes and the Chiefs offensive funk this season.

As for Lamar, he looks improved from the pocket this year and utilizing his legs to help him pass instead of just running. I would not bet against him right now but I also need to see it happen all the way to the Super Bowl before I'd trust him over the proven commodities.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
If there's 1:30 to go and my team needs a score to win, give me Mahomes or Stafford.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not much of a running game, and that line isn’t playing close to what this one is.