Playoff chances going forward. (Commence eye rolling)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Sun 11/22 @Baltimore 1:00 pm ET
Sun 11/29 @Cincinnati 1:00 pm ET
Sun 12/6 Arizona 1:00 pm ET
Sun 12/13 Detroit 1:00 pm ET
Thu 12/17 Tampa Bay 8:25 pm ET
Sun 12/27 @Seattle 4:25 pm ET
Sun 1/3 @San Francisco 4:25 pm ET

Seven games left with 4 of them away. Let's be EXTREMELY optimistic here and say that we win the games we "should" win. Baltimore, Detroit, Tampa Bay, and San Francisco are all should win games (if there is such a thing anymore). Obviously that leaves us with only 8 wins so if we want a realistic chance at playoffs (PLAYOFFS?!?!?) we would need to basically win outright the next 7 games for an 11-5 record. Not going to happen, so have to pray for other teams to tank so a 10 win season would make it if not a 9 win season which would be a miracle.

Most of the teams in play for the wildcard spots have beaten us for tiebreakers (i.e.-Minnesota, Green Bay, Washington, even Chicago) and the others we play at some point (Tampa, seattle, Arizona) except for Atlanta and Philly.

So basically we need a miracle now and either this team gets its shit together and wins outright or a bunch of other teams lose a bunch the rest of the way.

Either way, let at least hope Philly plummets so we get a good second round pick.

Think I'm going to be sick now.

Last edited:

RamzFanz

Damnit
Lions are better than advertised. They earned the win in Seattle and beat GB at home.

The problem though isn't the math:

insanity.jpg

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
honestly no point in wasting the energy thinking about it. it's not that we have a bad offense it's that we have one of the worst offenses in NFL history right now. so it's w/e right now. we're down yet another lineman (I was waiting for that) and Foles is an absolute joke so yea..

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Mandatory:
Playoffs? Don't talk about—playoffs?! You kidding me? Playoffs?! I just hope we can win a game! Another game!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
What we are right now is a tough out. That's it. We aren't a winner, we're that team that give teams confidence when they beat us.

Because of where our offense is at (and this is an optimist talking) we are looking at going 2-5 the rest of the way with the only wins being Tampa and SF and those aren't guarantees.

We not only aren't going to the playoffs, but if I were a DC, I'd be licking my chops to get at this offense.

Honestly, losing out is a very real possibility.

Could it be different? Sure. However, after the last two games unless there is a radical change for the better I just don't see it.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
I already know we're going 11-5. It's not possible to accomplish any less for this team.

The only question is whether that will win the division or WC. There is a decent chance it would do neither. Seriously.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They went out the window the last two weeks . I could see them losing the next three games . I have lost all faith in them but I will still be watching

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What depressed me the most is realizing San Francisco is only a game behind us right now.... you know that team we've made fun of how much they've collapsed this offseason with one player after another retiring, getting injured, being cut after his 20th hit and run, or just plain sucking.

Yep, only one game ahead of that team.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Anyone who thinks they know what this team will or won't do week to week is crazy.
The only thing any of us can count on is no significant changes to our lineup unless someone gets hurt.
We could just as easily rattle off 3 straight wins as we could losses.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I'm with you, Psycho X.

Absolutely I am thinking still about the Rams playoff chances. Frankly, it amazes me that anyone isn't... if we beat a bad Baltimore team next week, won't everyone be saying "we still have a shot at this?"

Is it stupid to have hopes for the playoffs? Maybe. Probably. OK, very probably. But I can't say "definitely." (Yes, go ahead and cue the GIF for Dumb and Dumber, "So you're saying there's a chance...")

I am fully expecting that we go 5-2 the rest of the way, end up 9-7, and somehow win a tiebreaker (against Atlanta maybe?) and sneak into the playoffs. And I'm fully expecting to be disappointed when things don't work out. But as I do every year, I'm going to keep hoping for the playoffs until such time as we are mathematically eliminated, and no sooner.

I'm driving with my wife down to see the game against Baltimore next week, because I am a Rams fan and a delusional idiot.

RAMBUSH

Starter
Anyone who thinks they know what this team will or won't do week to week is crazy.
The only thing any of us can count on is no significant changes to our lineup unless someone gets hurt.
We could just as easily rattle off 3 straight wins as we could losses.
Woo hoo , but when was the last time the rams rattled off three in a row?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't see a win in Baltimore. Yeah, I know they're 2-7 with a crappy defense. But they can move the ball. And the worst defense in the league can shut the Rams down. Just commit enough guys to stop Gurley and our offense it toast. Even if they commit all eleven guys to stop Gurley. Foles cannot and will not take advantage. Our only chance for a win is against an offense that our defense can keep in single digits.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I already know we're going 11-5. It's not possible to accomplish any less for this team.

The only question is whether that will win the division or WC. There is a decent chance it would do neither. Seriously.

11-5 has punched a playoff ticket more times than it hasn't.
Catch fire and winning out would still give us good odds.

Arizona remaining schedule is tough.
Bengals
@9ers
@rams
Vikings
@Eagles
Packers
Seahawks.

I hope Keenum is the answer.
I hope we can patch together a serviceable O-line. (next man up, get-er-done.)
I hope Gurley goes ape-shit the rest of the season.
I hope Chris Long gets back soon.

I hope next weekend we beat the Ravens and the Bengals beat the Cardinals.
That would keep the dream alive a little longer.

Who knows. Having hope with this team is unhealthy.
One week at a time.
Its just a game.
Its just a game.
I'm good.
I need help.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well... It sure feels like we've used all of our mulligans.

Let's win this week and see what happens next. That's typically how I approach each week.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
One game at a time. Oh and F the Ravens, they're catching the Rams at a bad time IMO.

Let's go get that W with a strong ground game and some play action and start by getting back to .500 for now.