Playing up to our Potential

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
Last weekend, after the loss, I felt shaken, lost, upset, angry, and confused. As the week went on.... my head began to clear. Now, after much thought and reflection, I feel there is a good chance not only for a win, but a huge rebound. All we have to do is begin to play up to our potential. Yes there was a reason this whole off season and preseason for so much optimism. Young Talent. We are a very talented team with a lot of depth. The loss of Bradford for the year was huge..as well as Long for up to 10 games. The truth is it is a 17 game season, it will be much tougher without those guys but we still have the talent needed to rise from the ashes of the first game. We must start playing up to our potential. Easier said than done? No. I believe that we will win this game against the Bucs and in a big way.... like maybe 36-6. How do we do it with the QB situation that we have? Begin running the ball with a smash mouth attitude. The O-line begin working as a unit... becoming the dominant line that they should be. Who ever the QB is, we should see greater command of offense, greater poise, and better third down conversion percentage. On defense, start creating turn overs and better tackling. ... forcing many more 3 downs and out. It all Starts with the defensive line. They must and should begin playing like the BEST DEFENSIVE LINE IN THE NFL. Creating havoc and playing in the Bucs backfield. Simply being dominant. Our linebackers and secondary continue to develop and play aggressive while gaining experience. ...and live off the opportunities that the defensive line create for them. If we start playing up to our potential. ... why not 36-6 Rams? Go Rams....... ;)

jjab360

Legend
Like I said in the other thread I'm staying positive, but not getting my hopes up. And I'm damn sure not making any more predictions lol

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All I know is... they need a win this week.

I don't care if it's close, just win.

Many believed they could beat the Vikings (BTW, I think Zimmer and Ternher are going to surprise a lot of folks).

Now, they should be able to beat the Bucs.

Starting 0-2 would be pretty darned bad.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree about just winning. .. and I respect both of your opinions. ...thanks for responding. ... I just know how talented we are..... I knew before all the press banwagoned.... and I still believe even though they have all jumped off....the game was ugly last week....but if we just execute the game plan. .... I believe we not just win this game but begin to distance ourselves from teams that we should handle....... Go Rams....... ;)

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I wont be wearing my T. Austin jersey this week so the Rams have a good chance :)

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
It's hard to say what going to happen against the bucks. I thought fish knew sb8 was out since 3rd preseason game and therefore would have planned to ground and pound yet we had like 70 rushing yards. We say he'll be ready this week. Why? What supporting evidence is there?

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Last weekend, after the loss, I felt shaken, lost, upset, angry, and confused. As the week went on.... my head began to clear. Now, after much thought and reflection, I feel there is a good chance not only for a win, but a huge rebound. All we have to do is begin to play up to our potential. Yes there was a reason this whole off season and preseason for so much optimism. Young Talent. We are a very talented team with a lot of depth. The loss of Bradford for the year was huge..as well as Long for up to 10 games. The truth is it is a 17 game season, it will be much tougher without those guys but we still have the talent needed to rise from the ashes of the first game. We must start playing up to our potential. Easier said than done? No. I believe that we will win this game against the Bucs and in a big way.... like maybe 36-6. How do we do it with the QB situation that we have? Begin running the ball with a smash mouth attitude. The O-line begin working as a unit... becoming the dominant line that they should be. Who ever the QB is, we should see greater command of offense, greater poise, and better third down conversion percentage. On defense, start creating turn overs and better tackling. ... forcing many more 3 downs and out. It all Starts with the defensive line. They must and should begin playing like the BEST DEFENSIVE LINE IN THE NFL. Creating havoc and playing in the Bucs backfield. Simply being dominant. Our linebackers and secondary continue to develop and play aggressive while gaining experience. ...and live off the opportunities that the defensive line create for them. If we start playing up to our potential. ... why not 36-6 Rams? Go Rams....... ;)

Well said. Agree with everything, now just need them to execute.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Do you remember when the Rams sucked and Spaggs drafted SB8? I was so excited watching my rookie QB dink and dunk his way to 7 wins. The hope he brang to a desperate franchise. I have a hard time finding hope for 2014 BUT i'll going to go out on a limb and HOPE that Keenum makes his way to the line-up and somehow has enough magic within him to be our clear successor moving forward. Come on Keenum, be my KW13. See, I do have some hope.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
I wont be wearing my T. Austin jersey this week so the Rams have a good chance :)
does it upset you to know we could have had traded down for Cordarell rather than trading up for an undersized gadget? Cordarell made than run happen with STRENGTH and SIZE of a BIG STRONG WR.

PhxRam

does it upset you to know we could have had traded down for Cordarell rather than trading up for an undersized gadget? Cordarell made than run happen with STRENGTH and SIZE of a BIG STRONG WR.

This is such a fun game.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
I am pissed off for the lack of accountability around Rams park. we dropped a very winnable game. How the hell we going to challenge Cards, Hawks and 9ers when we can't handle a vike? WTF

PhxRam

I am pissed off for the lack of accountability around Rams park. we dropped a very winnable game. How the hell we going to challenge Cards, Hawks and 9ers when we can't handle a vike? WTF

Get a grip dude.

WoodsideRam

Rookie
I was so disappointed with the Vikings loss. That has, has, has to be a win man. And to lose it the way they did. Not a good sign.

If they lose to the Bucs, it's not going to be pretty. That makes the Dallas game even more imperative. Because they got @Eagles, Niners, and Seahawks. Very good chance this team could be 1-5 after Week 6. They need the Tampa and Dallas game.

I still believe this is a better team than last year. I really do. But at some point the results have to reflect that. The penalties have to stop. Period. The offensive line has to do its job. Period. I guess we'll wait and see.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

No it doesnt. Not what I would have done personally, I didnt even want Patterson tbh. But it's done and gonna hope for the best. I believe Austin will win us many games.

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The guillotine is currently being serviced by technicians, and they can't burn anyone at the stake until the drought is officially over.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I understand being upset. I Don't understand the accountability issue.
Of course there is accountability. I have not seen any finger pointing. Nor have I seen a team or coaching staff that is just phoning it in.
They all felt a countable and continued to play hard.
The general reports from the Rams locker room Sunday was one of complete embarrassment.
They are all accountable. They all know that.