Playing 10-12 yards off their receivers...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I have one simple questions for you.

Do you think we have ANY chance of winning Sunday if our DBs line up 10-12 yards deep and let the short passes happen?
ANY chance?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Depends.

IF Van Jefferson makes the Niners respect the big play potential of the Rams offense and Brian Allen helps Stafford with adjustments and better protection inside the pocket, it won't matter about the 10 yards off. Make the Niners play from behind, is the key.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What is funny is our win over the 9ers in the playoffs included us coming from behind to beat them. Shanny seems to have a deep-seated fear of playing with a lead. It has burned him in big games.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Depends.

IF Van Jefferson makes the Niners respect the big play potential of the Rams offense and Brian Allen helps Stafford with adjustments and better protection inside the pocket, it won't matter about the 10 yards off. Make the Niners play from behind, is the key.
Think he's referring to our defense

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Think he's referring to our defense
Of course he is. Preventing the big play is why we are playing 10-12 yards off the WR's. That only works well with a lead and is more iffy in low scoring games, imo. With a productive Rams offense (better Oline work and Van Jefferson), we hopefully will playing with a lead and that 10-12 yard cushion will work better....

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So then how do we think short dinks and dunks all game to McAffrey and Deebo will work out for us?

Last edited:

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
With front and edge pressure we should eliminate most of the what ifs and force them to play deep which may cause jimmy to make mistakes…

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
With front and edge pressure we should eliminate most of the what ifs and force them to play deep which may cause jimmy to make mistakes…

I didn't think ANY kind of front and edge pressure stops the immediate dink and dunk pass. I could be wrong.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I have one simple questions for you.

Do you think we have ANY chance of winning Sunday if our DBs line up 10-12 yards deep and let the short passes happen?
ANY chance?
I have one simple question for you.

How MANY points did the Rams defense give up the last time these two teams played?

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I have one simple question for you.

How MANY points did the Rams defense give up the last time these two teams played?
Good point. Our D gave up only 17 points to the Niners, with our supposed "soft" D.

Scoring is down league-wide. Big plays are way down league-wide. It's a league wide trend to force teams to "dink and dunk" their way down the field.

IMHO the Rams D has been solid this year, even despite a ton of CB injuries. The OL is the problem, not the defense.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Vs. the 49ers this year:

Spags gave up 23 points, Raheem Morris gave up 17.

Chiefs scored 44 points, Rams scored 9.

Offense is the problem, not the D.
But the defense just doesn't look tough enough!!!!

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
But the defense just doesn't look tough enough!!!!
So you're saying we WILL win if we play defense at 10-12 yards deep? (on their receivers)
I'd just like you to put your answer on record.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
So you're saying we WILL win if we play defense at 10-12 yards deep? (on their receivers)
I'd just like you to put your answer on record.
So I'm saying we WILL win IF we play well on both sides of the ball.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
If Stafford leads the O to 21 more points than he gives their D the Rams win by 2 Tds minimum.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian