Players text Stafford to team up in LA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Anyone have paywall access? I see Marvin Jones - does it mention anyone else?

Q729

Legend
Oh. For some reason I thought it meant Rams players wanted to meet up and have a mini camp to get up to speed with him.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Rams would very likely still have to pay premium FA prices for any of Stafford's "friends" who want to come to LA if they haven't already received a big pay day prior in their career.

I'd look around for some of Stafford's older buddies who've already been paid and will play for a discount.

Who are those guys? Marvin Jones maybe, who's made $42m

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Rams already has two well paid WR's. Rather spend that money in another area. Center, edge rusher or LB for instance.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not seeing a paywall.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Players text Matthew Stafford about joining him with Los Angeles Rams, sources say

11:21 AM CT
i

Adam SchefterESPN Senior Writer

Just as Tom Brady had lured free agents to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Matthew Stafford is expected to do the same for the Los Angeles Rams.
Shortly after the Rams and Detroit Lions agreed to a trade that would send Stafford out West, the quarterback began receiving texts from players who wanted to come join him in Los Angeles, per sources.
It is very similar to what happened last March, after Brady and the Bucs reached an agreement. Players began reaching out to Brady and the Buccaneers, expressing their interest in relocating to Tampa to be around a great quarterback and great weather. They wanted to be a part of an organization that has now become the first team in NFL history to play in a Super Bowl in its home stadium.

Stafford had a similar experience last weekend, and the Rams will try to become the second straight team to play in the Super Bowl in its home stadium. Super Bowl LVI will be held at SoFi Stadium.
One of those players expected to be interested in joining Stafford in Los Angeles is Lions wide receiver Marvin Jones Jr., per sources. Jones is scheduled to be a free agent this winter; he grew up in Fontana, California, and later attended Cal. The Rams and Jones seem like a natural fit even before free agency begins March 17.
There will be others as well. The Rams will have a recruiting advantage over some teams with the city they play in, the stadium they boast and the quarterback they have.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
WR is that position where there I have a hard time with what direction they'll go.

What we do know is that they'll restructure or move guys most likely. Paying Woody had to happen and all that but now he's got a target on his head and so does Kupp. That's the NFL.

If it were me I'd restructure both Woody and Kupp and draft speed at wideout. My three draft positions are C, WR, and Edge.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Not seeing a paywall.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Players text Matthew Stafford about joining him with Los Angeles Rams, sources say

11:21 AM CT
i

Adam SchefterESPN Senior Writer

Just as Tom Brady had lured free agents to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Matthew Stafford is expected to do the same for the Los Angeles Rams.
Shortly after the Rams and Detroit Lions agreed to a trade that would send Stafford out West, the quarterback began receiving texts from players who wanted to come join him in Los Angeles, per sources.
It is very similar to what happened last March, after Brady and the Bucs reached an agreement. Players began reaching out to Brady and the Buccaneers, expressing their interest in relocating to Tampa to be around a great quarterback and great weather. They wanted to be a part of an organization that has now become the first team in NFL history to play in a Super Bowl in its home stadium.

Stafford had a similar experience last weekend, and the Rams will try to become the second straight team to play in the Super Bowl in its home stadium. Super Bowl LVI will be held at SoFi Stadium.
One of those players expected to be interested in joining Stafford in Los Angeles is Lions wide receiver Marvin Jones Jr., per sources. Jones is scheduled to be a free agent this winter; he grew up in Fontana, California, and later attended Cal. The Rams and Jones seem like a natural fit even before free agency begins March 17.
There will be others as well. The Rams will have a recruiting advantage over some teams with the city they play in, the stadium they boast and the quarterback they have.

I thought there was more to the article and this was just the teaser. Guess this was the whole thing.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
WR is that position where there I have a hard time with what direction they'll go.

If it were me I'd restructure both Woody and Kupp and draft speed at wideout. My three draft positions are C, WR, and Edge.

We basically need a Chris Givens type of WR on this team. He wasn't good at much, but man could he get behind the safeties for a deep threat. We can probably get a guy like that in the 4th or 5th round. Just pick the fastest WR available.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfOqvuaeuBU

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Much as I'd love to have Marvin Jones, the Rams probably can't afford him unless they do some major restructuring of contracts.

Even if they do that could still kill what's left of their cap, plus Van is really gonna want more time next season and I'm ready for it. Otherwise he'd be stuck at WR 4 again with Josh most likely gone.

So yeah mixed feelings, really want a burner like MJ though.

Did the Lions' center text Stafford? Heh.... :whistle:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
No thanks to Marvin Jones. He's older, and he's basically a worse Robert Woods. We need someone to be a deep threat receiver, maybe someone with size (not Golladay; he's going to break the bank, even though I like him a lot, more than Jones.)

Now if we're talking Linsley and/or Warford...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Rams would very likely still have to pay premium FA prices for any of Stafford's "friends" who want to come to LA if they haven't already received a big pay day prior in their career.

I'd look around for some of Stafford's older buddies who've already been paid and will play for a discount.

Who are those guys? Marvin Jones maybe, who's made $42m

Golden Taint?

Rams already has two well paid WR's. Rather spend that money in another area. Center, edge rusher or LB for instance.

Dominic Raioli come on down

Maybe Megatron comes out of retirement for a shot at the SB.

I’d take Golliday as a consolation prize

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Golden Taint?

Ta te will never sign with us so long as Ramsey's on the team...unless you meant sarcasm?

EDIT: Stupid autocorrect. What if we draft a guy whose last name is T A T E?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Ta te will never sign with us so long as Ramsey's on the team...unless you meant sarcasm?

EDIT: Stupid autocorrect. What if we draft a guy whose last name is T A T E?

I was joking as I was about Raiol, I can’t stand Taint. It would be like rooting for Jason Varitek to join the Yankees