Play To Win , Not To Lose

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

diehard99

UDFA
Name
Derek Blac
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep. Just Cook hanging on could have meant four extra points ... in a game we lost by three.

Ok, I'm leaving work now, I think I'm going to go road rage on the way home :))
If you were going to do that you wouldve done it along time ago as bad as weve played for years now. Our offense is deffinately going in the right direction if Shotty will just stay aggressive at the right times with the play calling. Play calling is everything! Not personel! Right call, right time, wins games. PERIOD!

diehard99

UDFA
Name
Derek Blac
It's a god awful example. We continued throwing the ball, we continued being aggressive, and we went for it on multiple 4th downs while leading. We tried to score a TD right before half while up 21-7. We never stopped trying to throw deep. There was no conservative game-plan. There was no shutting it down. There was no "playing to lose". The Rams were aggressive throughout this game on offense. It's an example that makes no sense at all to me. This is about the best example you can find of an offense playing to win. Why didn't we win? The defense sucked and the offense made some crucial mistakes.(not to mention the referees)
We didnt win because we failed to score enough points! PERIOD. Points win games-----always------ Agressive play calling means the right call at the right time, not just throwing a bomb . We got predictable at the wrong time and gave dallas momentum which our defense couldnt handle,so if we plan on doing that again in the near future we had very well score alot more points to compensate for it. I didnt say they played to lose, but, to not lose.

diehard99

UDFA
Name
Derek Blac
Honestly with Davis he has looked like a totally different OC.
That might be true. You think it has to do with Daviss ability or shottys play calling? Someone will mention we played bad defenses, but so did bradford.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We didnt win because we failed to score enough points! PERIOD. Points win games-----always------ Agressive play calling means the right call at the right time, not just throwing a bomb . We got predictable at the wrong time and gave dallas momentum which our defense couldnt handle,so if we plan on doing that again in the near future we had very well score alot more points to compensate for it. I didnt say they played to lose, but, to not lose.

A lot of cliches...incorrect cliches. Teams win games. When you score 31(would have had 35 if not for Cook) points, you usually win the game.

Want to lament the loss? Fine. But the "we played to not lose" cliche doesn't apply in any way here. It's erroneous. Want to see a team that played "not to lose" every time they got a lead, go back to the Spags days. What we did against Dallas on offense was playing to win. Throwing a bunch of vague cliches out isn't convincing me at all.

Sorry man, don't agree with you. I'm just going to leave the conversation because I can't see any common ground here.

diehard99

UDFA
Name
Derek Blac
Just saying, the team seems finally ready to play now after 4 games lets go play for real now,no more of this experimenting practice to see if its going to work, lets go. theres more talent here than some think weve got an identity now lets go ram it down their throats and see if the other team can keep up. If they give you an easy 3 take it by all means!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I didn't think we "shut it down", at all. We just didn't execute what was called.

diehard99

UDFA
Name
Derek Blac
A lot of cliches...incorrect cliches. Teams win games. When you score 31(would have had 35 if not for Cook) points, you usually win the game.

Want to lament the loss? Fine. But the "we played to not lose" cliche doesn't apply in any way here. It's erroneous. Want to see a team that played "not to lose" every time they got a lead, go back to the Spags days. What we did against Dallas on offense was playing to win. Throwing a bunch of vague cliches out isn't convincing me at all.

Sorry man, don't agree with you. I'm just going to leave the conversation because I can't see any common ground here.
thats because there is no common ground. Spags teams were bad and thats not the case anymore. your mental evaluation is still bad along with your wait and see expectation of things, poor teams create poor fans expectations. im not lamenting im much happier watching them play now as apossed to our 10 year struggle years.

diehard99

UDFA
Name
Derek Blac

Im not trying to convince anyone, its truth.

diehard99

UDFA
Name
Derek Blac
Oh, and by the way, God is never awful.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
We didnt win because we failed to score enough points! PERIOD.
We also didn't win because we failed to limit the points scored against us! PERIOD.

I really don't know why we're yelling our punctuations, but I KINDA LIKE IT.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Points win games-----

So........If a defense could keep an offense under the number of points our offense scored.........:confused:;):sneaky::rolleyes:

I know it seems to make sense as you could "outscore" the other team......but it doesn't quite work. You have to get stops by the defense. Take a team known for their offense. Our team, the greatest show on....you know. Their offense set the pace, but being a quicker (abit a bit undersized.....) defense, we were able to get stops as teams tried to "keep up". We don't have that kind of firepower.......but you are seeing what we do have for the first time in a few years as our WR have matured to the level we were hoping for. Our line is strong enough to keep our QB upright.....and our WR are making plays. And we are getting decent QB play from Davis.....but trust me.....if Sam would have stayed healthy........it would blow you away what we could have become.

It's about becoming a team. Not having 1 facet of the team carry the other. It's about playing off of one another to achieve a greater good......and our defense isn't quite there.......... And only 1 team in the whole NFL averaged more points than we scored last Sunday.....and they got smoked in the SB.......offense is fun, sleek, sexy and all of those warm and fuzzy traits....defense wins championships......and ours isn't getting the job done right now.