Plaschke- Wide-eyed Rams acting like they haven't been here before

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Plaschke is a bit rough on his "home team" here... .

https://www.latimes.com/sports/la-s...s-plaschke-20190129-story.html?outputType=amp

CT6VAZ7B6FHWXMY7N56DT4GN3I.jpg

Patriots' Jason McCourty calls twin brother Devin a 'drama queen' after retirement talk
JAN 29, 2019 | 4:25 PM

On opening night here, Belichick was his same old gruff self. McVay, if possible, was even more excited than usual.

Somebody asked Belichick to toss a ring at a kid sitting on somebody’s shoulders, and he demurred, saying, “Nah, I’m good.’’

Somebody asked McVay to throw a football to a kid sitting on somebody’s shoulders, and of course he threw it.

It was all business for the Patriots, right down to the brief joint interview with Brady and Goff.

The Rams quarterback was asked what advice he would ask of Brady about handling Super Bowl week, and he said earnestly, “What to make important, what not to make important.’’

The Patriots quarterback was asked what advice he would give Goff and he said dismissively, “I’m not giving him any advice. Are you crazy?”

Granted, a big edge in experience doesn’t always win these games. Look no further than last year, when the Patriots were playing in their second consecutive Super Bowl yet lost to the out-of-nowhere Philadelphia Eagles.

But on the field, in big and unfamiliar situations, these Rams have initially struggled to find their footing.

Two weeks ago in the NFC championship game in the deafening New Orleans Superdome, their first quarter was awful, and they exited it with a 13-0 deficit to the Saints.

In the divisional round against the Dallas Cowboys, they had another lousy first quarter and trailed 7-3.

It seemingly takes Goff time to find his feet underneath him. It takes Gurley time to find his rhythm, at least when he’s had his rhythm.

These Patriots are the opposite, a team that never shows any panic in giant games, or did you already forget how they overcame a 28-3 deficit to the Atlanta Falcons in the Super Bowl a couple of years ago?

While the Rams certainly understand the differences in experience, they’re not buying that it will change anything. This is a team, they’ll remind you, that has withstood everything from relocation to evacuation, their community wracked by both fires and a shooting tragedy, their team playing everywhere from London to a temporary practice facility.

“Look at what we’ve done in the past few years, relocating, makeshift locker rooms, weight rooms, being adaptable. I don’t think anybody is fazed by any trip anywhere,’’ center John Sullivan said. “I think we’re fine. Everyone is focused on winning.’’

Maybe that will register later this week, but for now it seems some of the young Rams can’t help but focus more on the Super and less on the actual Bowl.

Late Monday, tight end Gerald Everett stood among a couple of reporters, surrounded by hundreds of others, and shook his head.

“It doesn’t feel real, I’ll tell you that much,’’ he said. “It does not feel real at all.”

It is real. The Rams need to figure that out. Real fast.

Bill Plaschke

https://www.latimes.com/sports/rams...-talib-20190129-story.html#nt=related-content

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like I have said in other threads, we really can't afford to start out slow in this game. Inexperience on this stage, given the youth on our team and the horrible seasons, shouldn't come as a surprise with all due respect to Mr. Plaschke. It's going to be natural for those guys to be overwhelmed. Let's hope when they step out on the field, they will be able to put it past them.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
lol. Lighten up Plaschke.

“It doesn’t feel real, I’ll tell you that much,’’ he said. “It does not feel real at all.”

Stop being a dope. Of course they know it's real. Let them enjoy the experience. It's a rare, rare blessing to even be there.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
This sounds just like the garbage the media said about the Eagles :puke: last year. They always need an angle instead of saying the best team won or lost.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Media needs heels to reel in readers. The LA Times has Bill Plaschke much like FS1 has Skip Bayless.

nighttrain

Legend
Plaschke is a bit rough on his "home team" here... .

https://www.latimes.com/sports/la-s...s-plaschke-20190129-story.html?outputType=amp

CT6VAZ7B6FHWXMY7N56DT4GN3I.jpg

Patriots' Jason McCourty calls twin brother Devin a 'drama queen' after retirement talk
JAN 29, 2019 | 4:25 PM

On opening night here, Belichick was his same old gruff self. McVay, if possible, was even more excited than usual.

Somebody asked Belichick to toss a ring at a kid sitting on somebody’s shoulders, and he demurred, saying, “Nah, I’m good.’’

Somebody asked McVay to throw a football to a kid sitting on somebody’s shoulders, and of course he threw it.

It was all business for the Patriots, right down to the brief joint interview with Brady and Goff.

The Rams quarterback was asked what advice he would ask of Brady about handling Super Bowl week, and he said earnestly, “What to make important, what not to make important.’’

The Patriots quarterback was asked what advice he would give Goff and he said dismissively, “I’m not giving him any advice. Are you crazy?”

Granted, a big edge in experience doesn’t always win these games. Look no further than last year, when the Patriots were playing in their second consecutive Super Bowl yet lost to the out-of-nowhere Philadelphia Eagles.

But on the field, in big and unfamiliar situations, these Rams have initially struggled to find their footing.

Two weeks ago in the NFC championship game in the deafening New Orleans Superdome, their first quarter was awful, and they exited it with a 13-0 deficit to the Saints.

In the divisional round against the Dallas Cowboys, they had another lousy first quarter and trailed 7-3.

It seemingly takes Goff time to find his feet underneath him. It takes Gurley time to find his rhythm, at least when he’s had his rhythm.

These Patriots are the opposite, a team that never shows any panic in giant games, or did you already forget how they overcame a 28-3 deficit to the Atlanta Falcons in the Super Bowl a couple of years ago?

While the Rams certainly understand the differences in experience, they’re not buying that it will change anything. This is a team, they’ll remind you, that has withstood everything from relocation to evacuation, their community wracked by both fires and a shooting tragedy, their team playing everywhere from London to a temporary practice facility.

“Look at what we’ve done in the past few years, relocating, makeshift locker rooms, weight rooms, being adaptable. I don’t think anybody is fazed by any trip anywhere,’’ center John Sullivan said. “I think we’re fine. Everyone is focused on winning.’’

Maybe that will register later this week, but for now it seems some of the young Rams can’t help but focus more on the Super and less on the actual Bowl.

Late Monday, tight end Gerald Everett stood among a couple of reporters, surrounded by hundreds of others, and shook his head.

Bill Plaschke

Plaschke is a total and complete jerk, and that's being kind
train

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Follow the quote of John Sullivan and Vinnie B tweet. Rams have faced a lot of crap the last two years and had zero issues with it. Nothing you can do about super bowl inexperience. Philly and Atlanta didn’t have it either. Didn’t seem to bother them.

Rams will be ready. Fact no one thinks we’ll win. All the better.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
In the NFCCG, this team showed everyone they dont have any quit and no stage is too big for them. We'll be alright.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Plaschke is best avoided no matter what he writes about.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I imagine our guys are relieved that they don't have to play another gamrle in loud ass New Orleans.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/01/29/r...dia-availability-andrew-whitworth-todd-gurley

So Far This Super Bowl Media Week, It’s Clear the Rams Aren’t Intimidated by the Patriots
By CONOR ORR

THE RAMS ARE LOOSE
Having covered more than a handful of Patriots Super Bowls, I’ve always noticed a point during the week when the opponent tires of hearing about New England’s mystique. There is nothing, apparently—not even being bombarded in the middle of a press conference to play a game of slaps—that grates on someone’s nerves more than lofty questions about the Patriot Way.

Nickell Robey-Coleman obviously kicked the week off with a bang, but the Rams didn’t go into damage control. The whole week, they seem to be aware, but not in awe of, their opponent.

Aaron Donald told me Tuesday, when asked if the Patriots hide their tendencies more than other teams (the Rams, throughout the playoffs talked a lot about how they picked up on little tells provided by the Cowboys’ offensive line): “Everybody’s got tendencies. Everyone is going to show what they do at times. It’s a part of studying, I’m trying to find as much as I can on them so I can have success.” That doesn’t sound like someone who is caught up in the moment.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
If you asked each of the players and coaches this question: "What are you most worried about on Sunday... The 'physical' or 'mental' aspect of the game?" My bet is they all answer "the mental aspect." I doubt they fear being physically/athletically out-matched. They need to play smart and play fast. If they make a mistake do it at "100 miles an hour," and find a way to make up for it on the next play. Many expect the Rams to make more mistakes than the Patriots in the biggest game of the season. Yet, if they limit the amount of big mistakes and find ways to overcome them, they will be hoisting the Lombardi Trophy at the end of the game.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G

This is why the Patriots are so good for so long. They don't tip any information that might be helpful to their opponents. The Patriots play for the kill.

The Rams likewise must do so with propaganda and give the media what they want to hear, yada, yada.... Don't feed the fire because it will be used against them. The Rams Defense must come up big against that great Patriots Offensive Line. Rams have got to put the hurt on Brady quickly. Come on AD, Suh, Brockers, Fowler, Ebukam, et al, hit those Patriots and send them home with concussions.

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
We shut down the Cowboys running game whilst running rampant ourselves.
The Saints put 13 unanswered points on the board, yet it could have been 21. Far from ideal, but the defence stood tough.

The only thing that matters is the win.
We won both.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Somebody asked Belichick to toss a ring at a kid sitting on somebody’s shoulders, and he demurred, saying, “Nah, I’m good.’’

Somebody asked McVay to throw a football to a kid sitting on somebody’s shoulders, and of course he threw it."

...says it all.

96GS#007

Pro Bowler
I caught a glimpse of the Patriots game plan the other night. It was titled Super Bowl 36....Hit 'em hold 'em mug'em grab'em...and if the Refs fail to throw the flag, keep doing it.

As an aside....the chipping of the Saints RB duo, primarily by Suh, was extremely well executed in the NFCCG. Hope to see more of the same.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Plaschke said "Two weeks ago in the NFC championship game in the deafening New Orleans Superdome, their first quarter was awful, and they exited it with a 13-0 deficit to the Saints.

In the divisional round against the Dallas Cowboys, they had another lousy first quarter and trailed 7-3."

Like I have said in other threads, we really can't afford to start out slow in this game. Inexperience on this stage, given the youth on our team and the horrible seasons, shouldn't come as a surprise with all due respect to Mr. Plaschke. It's going to be natural for those guys to be overwhelmed. Let's hope when they step out on the field, they will be able to put it past them.

What I take from that is we were down to Dallas and came back to win. We were down to the Saints, never led and came back to win. I wouldn't be surprised if we did start slow and were down to the Patriots. It's the Superbowl yes, but it is still a football game. I don't think they would be fazed one bit.

As far as Plaschke's point with Gerald Everett, sure it's real. It's the Superbowl and it's definitely real. But it's also surreal too. As long as you can separate the two, it's fine. I feel this team has come a long way in two years and they're prepared and able to handle anything. That doesn't give them a win under any circumstances, after all they have lost 9 games the last two years. But they've also won 3 times as many....well, winning this one would make it exactly three times as many. I like our chances.