Pics from Day 4 of training camp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Well, finally. I had taken almost 400 pictures today and just finished deleting the bad, editing the good and uploading them to the google photo album. Here's the link:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8dRQAjQKMKpRrhJ58

@theduke, @bubbaramfan and @So Ram have posted numerous observations from todays camp and I don''t feel I could add much to what they have already expressed but let me add a couple of thoughts as opposed to detailing particular players and plays.

Jared Goff is a franchise QB. This is year 3 under McVay. This is Goffs team and he has full command of it. He looks so familiar with the offense. It has been mentioned that he has bulked up a little. It shows in his throws. He is quick to read his receiver and quick to release the ball with little effort. You guys are witnessing the birth of a dynasty.

AD 99 has only one speed, the speed of light. He goes so fast if you blink you will miss what he does. He also doesn't stop until he thinks it time to stop. We all know what we have in him.

Tyler Higbee does it again. Looking great in TC, catching all kinds of tough balls and making you feel really good about him. Please, Tyler, if you are reading this, carry it over to the regular season!

SJD. He is going to be good, seems like Donald is rubbing off on him. High motor kind of guy.

Who else? Too many to mention. It's like we have so many good to great players it's hard to single out all of them. I feel for some of these rooks as this is such an uphill battle for them. Those UDFA should feel honored that the Rams wanted to sign them. They all won't make the team and I really do believe many of them could make the practice squad or even the roster of many of the other NFL teams. The Rams are just sooo loaded with talent!

It's late, I was on my feet for all of camp today and I'm tired. Five AM comes early. So I'll say goodnight and I'll be back at camp on Friday.

Till then, take care and smile at someone you don't know. You'll be surprised!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well, finally. I had taken almost 400 pictures today and just finished deleting the bad, editing the good and uploading them to the google photo album. Here's the link:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8dRQAjQKMKpRrhJ58

@theduke, @bubbaramfan and @So Ram have posted numerous observations from todays camp and I don''t feel I could add much to what they have already expressed but let me add a couple of thoughts as opposed to detailing particular players and plays.

Jared Goff is a franchise QB. This is year 3 under McVay. This is Goffs team and he has full command of it. He looks so familiar with the offense. It has been mentioned that he has bulked up a little. It shows in his throws. He is quick to read his receiver and quick to release the ball with little effort. You guys are witnessing the birth of a dynasty.

AD 99 has only one speed, the speed of light. He goes so fast if you blink you will miss what he does. He also doesn't stop until he thinks it time to stop. We all know what we have in him.

Tyler Higbee does it again. Looking great in TC, catching all kinds of tough balls and making you feel really good about him. Please, Tyler, if you are reading this, carry it over to the regular season!

SJD. He is going to be good, seems like Donald is rubbing off on him. High motor kind of guy.

Who else? Too many to mention. It's like we have so many good to great players it's hard to single out all of them. I feel for some of these rooks as this is such an uphill battle for them. Those UDFA should feel honored that the Rams wanted to sign them. They all won't make the team and I really do believe many of them could make the practice squad or even the roster of many of the other NFL teams. The Rams are just sooo loaded with talent!

It's late, I was on my feet for all of camp today and I'm tired. Five AM comes early. So I'll say goodnight and I'll be back at camp on Friday.

Till then, take care and smile at someone you don't know. You'll be surprised!

Thanks for all you do . Great attitude & bringing people together.

Great passion of post. Yeah - Goff is Dynasty guy. His love for the game & his teammates.
Mcvay was the perfect guy. Fisher might have messed him up. The take around camp though is Bortles being the back up. The question is there a better QB duo in the NFL ??

Aaron Donald is fun to have at camp. He is enjoying himself . Like a kid, jumps into drills first. Picks up Weddle after a play. Goes & messes with Justin Davis after he makes a nice play. Starts trying to strip him of the ball a few times. Then another Just to try to get the ball out. I noticed cooks securing the ball extra tight. Mcvay is Big about takeaways & giveaways..

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Adding the TE position . Tyler Higbee made a big TD catch. He started talking crap & making a roll the dice jackpot kid of gesture.Perfect call by Mcvay. Then a minute later right back to him.His confidence was sky high !!!
Just like VeteranRam agree with Higbee.
Then there is Gerald Everett who is making plays unless it was Reynolds ?? I swear he looks really fast this season & his confidence is up.
Mundt made an excellent catch as well.
84 has low energy, show those looking for him to make the team ?? Forget about it. Was telling a guy about it.
Mundt is in his 3rd season. Last season it was just basically Higbee in camp.Evevett was hurt. I yelled at Demoff & Snead. Pissed Demoff for sure.The thing is how do you manage the position???

So what I’m saying is this to anyone that likes theories.Higbee took to many reps the last couple years. First year he had a few drops.Then last training camp he lost total confidence. He is always right there.
Goff was just a little of as well. Timing was always perfect.Just always would make an excellent play & drop it. Now I think he will put the whole package together this season.
Everett is healthy for the first time I could remember during training camp. He looks so good right now as well.
Add Mundt I’d Rhe Rams go with 3 TE’s ??
— Hemingway got hurt as well last season,that was why Inwas so pissed.

—Waldron & Mcvay are TE guys. Look to see a big use
the group in 2019 !!Imjury has played a role in the development of the position.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Yeah it's funny man... Every time I've seen Higs up close I think "Jesus that's one big MFing TE." And he runs and moves well, and I think he could easily have a breakout season if only he could show more consistency with his hands. But then the season unfolds and there he is with his inability to get over the hump and force McVay to use him more in the passing game.

So I still think Higs is that guy who could easily surprise everyone by suddenly living up to his talent level. I mean the dude is huge and a gifted athlete. It would figure lol. Unfortunately he's a FA after the season so what happens if he does become a big weapon? I honestly don't know.

Everette has also been a tease. He's the guy who in every camp I've seen shows the hands I wish Higs had and gets me thinking he's going to give McVay his move TE threat but then the season starts and he's an offensive afterthought.

But anyway I'm with you my man. Like usual lol praying for some TE intervention. Hope it happens with one of these guys, let alone two. (y)

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I imagine you are a 5 year old in an adult body, and just take ass shots while you snort and giggle the whole time.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Why is Marcus Peters in his underwear?

Dude has no pants on, lol.:OT:

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Adding the TE position . Tyler Higbee made a big TD catch. He started talking crap & making a roll the dice jackpot kid of gesture.Perfect call by Mcvay. Then a minute later right back to him.His confidence was sky high !!!
Just like VeteranRam agree with Higbee.
Then there is Gerald Everett who is making plays unless it was Reynolds ?? I swear he looks really fast this season & his confidence is up.
Mundt made an excellent catch as well.
84 has low energy, show those looking for him to make the team ?? Forget about it. Was telling a guy about it.
Mundt is in his 3rd season. Last season it was just basically Higbee in camp.Evevett was hurt. I yelled at Demoff & Snead. ticked Demoff for sure.The thing is how do you manage the position???

So what I’m saying is this to anyone that likes theories.Higbee took to many reps the last couple years. First year he had a few drops.Then last training camp he lost total confidence. He is always right there.
Goff was just a little of as well. Timing was always perfect.Just always would make an excellent play & drop it. Now I think he will put the whole package together this season.
Everett is healthy for the first time I could remember during training camp. He looks so good right now as well.
Add Mundt I’d Rhe Rams go with 3 TE’s ??
— Hemingway got hurt as well last season,that was why Inwas so ticked.

—Waldron & Mcvay are TE guys. Look to see a big use
the group in 2019 !!Imjury has played a role in the development of the position.

We've got solid TEs.... talented and versatile.... We've got to use them more... toss some 2TE formations in there sometime....

the thing about McVay being considered a TE guy.... people point to his time with the Redskins when they had Jordan Reed. Thing is, Reed was by far the most talented offensive weapon the Redskins had at the time so obviously he was going to be targeted a lot... But also how many years was McVay the play caller in Washington? I believe it was just 1 season..if it was 1 season at all. Gruden was the primary reason that Reed was used as often, and how often he was used. McVay is a young coach...a young play caller, and he'll continue to grow....we used that 11 formation a ton..it works a ton...but I believe McVay sees that we need to diversify some, and our TEs are a major part of that.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah it's funny man... Every time I've seen Higs up close I think "Jesus that's one big MFing TE." And he runs and moves well, and I think he could easily have a breakout season if only he could show more consistency with his hands. But then the season unfolds and there he is with his inability to get over the hump and force McVay to use him more in the passing game.

So I still think Higs is that guy who could easily surprise everyone by suddenly living up to his talent level. I mean the dude is huge and a gifted athlete. It would figure lol. Unfortunately he's a FA after the season so what happens if he does become a big weapon? I honestly don't know.

Everette has also been a tease. He's the guy who in every camp I've seen shows the hands I wish Higs had and gets me thinking he's going to give McVay his move TE threat but then the season starts and he's an offensive afterthought.

But anyway I'm with you my man. Like usual lol praying for some TE intervention. Hope it happens with one of these guys, let alone two. (y)

These guys are battle tested. Coming of a Super Bowl appearance.Tyler Higbee has improved every season. He & Goff are tight.
He seems to have a feel for getting open. He
has missed a lot of catches,especially over the years in training camp. Like I think I posted earlier, is it looks like he has more confidence.Goff is also throwing a better ball.

Either way with Mcvay coaching TE’s & maybe not being the TE guru. Waldron is the passing OC,plus the TE’s coach. For some reason I think this season the grandson of Bum is the New TE’s coach ?? He was just TE coach at Washington.

Gerald Everett as I recalled was hurt during the training camps. He sure looks good now though. His TD catch would have been spectacular if during a real game.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
We've got solid TEs.... talented and versatile.... We've got to use them more... toss some 2TE formations in there sometime....

Agree, while 11 Personnel is likely to remain the Rams staple considering our riches at WR, we have the right guys in place now to mix it up occasionally with 12, 21 & 22 Personnel sets. How McVay disguises these options is what will make him the master of the universe.