Photo from my drive into work

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Check out this awesome view. I pass by this every day to work...

IMG_20130228_201941_zps0787af47.jpg

Its one of the many waterways that rise and fall with the tides off the Bay of Fundy (home of the highest tides in the world).

Those are massive blocks of ice and sediment! It's a wicked scene.

Here is more info about the Bay of Fundy;

The Bay of Fundy is known for having the highesttidal range in the world. Rivaled by Ungava Bay in northern Quebec, King Sound in Western Australia, Gulf of Khambhat in India, and theSevern Estuary in the UK, it has one of the highest vertical tidal ranges in the world.

The Guinness Book of World Records (1975) declared thatBurntcoat Head, Nova Scotia has the highest tides in the world:“The Natural World, Greatest Tides: The greatest tides in the world occur in the Bay of Fundy.... Burntcoat Head in the Minas Basin, Nova Scotia, has the greatest mean spring range with 14.5 metres (47.5 feet) and an extreme range of 16.3 metres (53.5 feet).”

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
That's a beautiful sight, CGI. Quite impressive. Thank you for taking it and sharing it with us. And thank you for explaining a bit about the Bay of Fundy. I didn't know those facts.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Are there vehicles that I see in there, or is that just the big blocks of ice. Just looks like those are cars.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I guess tying your boat up on the dock in your backyard is out of the question. Well, unless your dock extends a quarter mile out.

I'm getting frost bite just looking at that pic.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Holy crap - them's some tides! We think ours are huge swings when they total 14 feet. Probably not a tidewater you want to do a drift dive in.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
interference said:
Are there vehicles that I see in there, or is that just the big blocks of ice. Just looks like those are cars.

All blocks of ice. The picture doesn't do it justice as far as size. It's a crazy site.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
RamFan503 said:
Holy crap - them's some tides! We think ours are huge swings when they total 14 feet. Probably not a tidewater you want to do a drift dive in.

Check out this image. I grabbed it from the web. The tides go in and out 2x daily.

It's wild how much the tides raise and lower in this part of the world.

ScreenShot2013-03-01at61040PM_zps9550998f.png

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Memento said:
That's a beautiful sight, CGI. Quite impressive. Thank you for taking it and sharing it with us. And thank you for explaining a bit about the Bay of Fundy. I didn't know those facts.

I didn't know it either until moving to this area some 6+ years ago. It's a beautiful part of the world, for sure.

I intend to travel this summer and will be putting more pictures up.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
CGI_Ram said:
RamFan503 said:

Check out this image. I grabbed it from the web. The tides go in and out 2x daily.

It's wild how much the tides raise and lower in this part of the world.

ScreenShot2013-03-01at61040PM_zps9550998f.png

Thats insane amazing I never would have thunk it