Philosophical question

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
If a tree falls in a forest... whoops that's the wrong one.

If you are a rookie QB and you win your team's starting QB job but in your first game you have to face the Rams D line have you really won anything at all?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ing-the-winners-and-losers-of-minicamp-season

Teddy Bridgewater: No quarterback prospect took more slings and arrows during the buildup to the draft. No rookie quarterback quietly impressed more during offseason practices. While it's always smart to be wary of minicamp hype, the Vikings are very pleased with what they've seen out of Bridgewater thus far. He appears ahead of other rookies mentally, and offensive coordinator Norv Turner has raved about his deep ball. Bridgewater landed in an ideal situation for his development. It wouldn't be a shock if Bridgewater was the only rookie quarterback starting in Week 1.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
"We are gathered here today to pay tribute to Teddy Bridgewater...."

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He won the opportunity to start his first and last nfl game this season

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Interesting, potentially much more dynamic club with Peterson, Patterson in his second season, and now potentially Bridgewater.

Should be a good test for the Rams D in week 1.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Mike Zimmer and Norv Turner are old school, non filter cigarettes, no ice in the glass and no condemns old school so Bridge over Troubled Water will not start against the St. Louis Rams, it will be Matt Cassel. They will ease Bridgewater into being the number 1 QB like it was done yesteryear.

The other factor is the Vikings will be on the road and Zimmer and Turner will not want their future QB to begin his career in hostile territory. However, if the game is getting away from the Queens and they feel they want see a little from Bridgewater then they could insert into the game because at that point there is nothing to lose, but barring injury I expect to see Cassel and would be shocked if Bridgewater takes a snap in the Gateway City.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I imagine AP will get a fair few hand offs in that game

Don't underestimate AP, he seems to be the driving force of that offense. If they aren't feeding him the rock then Norv Turner is an idiot. I hope your right though.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Opening day is still a long way off, of course.

But from here, as of June 21st, I think the Ram D would feast on a rookie QB. ANY rookie QB.

Seems like a mismatch to me. The Rams humbled some mighty good and experienced QB's last year. Luck and Wilson come to mind. And that was before Gregg Williams, Donald, and improved secondary were added.

The Vikings might prefer to start Bridgewater in his NFL debut against a lesser D. I think I would, anyway. The rookie might suffer a psychological setback (among other things) that could take a while to recover from. (Yes, I know I ended the sentence with a preposition, but I don't care).

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
We had QBs like Drew Brees, Andrew Luck, Russ Wilson, some notably "cool under pressure" type QBs freaking out from our D last season. And we've gotten much better since then. Minnesota has a great OL, but I doubt they will be able to handle our front four, and Bridgewater hasn't seen anything close to as good as our line.

RIP Bridgewater.

RAM$

UDFA
1 game into his career and he's already going to have battered QB syndrome, the Rams pass rush will make him piss his bed at night waking up in cold sweats lol.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Mike Zimmer and Norv Turner are old school, non filter cigarettes, no ice in the glass and no condemns old school so Bridge over Troubled Water will not start against the St. Louis Rams, it will be Matt Cassel. They will ease Bridgewater into being the number 1 QB like it was done yesteryear.

The other factor is the Vikings will be on the road and Zimmer and Turner will not want their future QB to begin his career in hostile territory. However, if the game is getting away from the Queens and they feel they want see a little from Bridgewater then they could insert into the game because at that point there is nothing to lose, but barring injury I expect to see Cassel and would be shocked if Bridgewater takes a snap in the Gateway City.

That's probably a decent bet. Regardless of who starts at QB, Kalil is going to have his work cut out for him after a rocky sophomore campaign.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope that Donald has an eye opening game against the run and AP......He did it so well, catching RB's in the backfield, in college.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
That's probably a decent bet. Regardless of who starts at QB, Kalil is going to have his work cut out for him after a rocky sophomore campaign.

Tough task for him. Really the only LT so far that's been able to lock Quinn down is Staley. Most everybody else has been beat by him. Kalil is talented, but likely will be beat the same way. And Loadholt might not be able to keep up with Long's deceptive speed and get-off either, considering his massive size.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I hope that Donald has an eye opening game against the run and AP......He did it so well, catching RB's in the backfield, in college.

Good point, however, I expect Kendall Langford to be against the run with Brockers and then Hayes & Donald to come on passing downs, however, a penetrating defensive lineman can be underrated playing the run especially going against the likes of Adrian Peterson.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'd have to agree with Den. I said before that I'd be very surprised if the Viqueens coaches choose the Ram game as Teddy's coming out party. That probably wouldn't be a very wise decision unless they are planning on running AP on 90% of the snaps.