Philipps and Rams defensive players other than Donald,need to be held accountable.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Wade is a very crafty coach and he will something ready for the Saints if we see them again, which I think we will. You better believe that!

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
We have a big play defense.

We give up big plays and we make big plays.

Last edited:

RamWoodie

Legend
Wade hasn't finished with this defense. It's still being tweaked...and is talented enough where they rise to the occasion.

Let them keep playing and the youth of the LBs and secondary gain in knowledge, experience, and savvy. Long as they get at the right time.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Phillips isn't a young innovator like McVay, but he isn't a some stone age relic of defensive coaching either. Lets give him the benefit of the doubt that he can get the best out of his unit for a late season stretch.
And it's not homerism to believe that, his career has earned it.

He see everything we are seeing, reviews all of it and knows more about what he is seeing than any of us can even pretend to understand.
Unlike all of us, he also sees everything we are not seeing in practice, meetings, etc.

Wade has made a successful career out of running a fairly straight up defense and then making great adjustments at key times in-game or in-season.

So many players on this D are in new positions this year, learning new techniques and schemes. After Talib went down and our issues on defense became magnified and multiplied, many of us thought Wade would make some adjustments and use a defensive scheme that would mask some of these problems. After the Packers/Saints/Seakawks games, many here were outraged that he was still running this D the same way with single high safeties and outmatched DBs being exposed on islands.
Maybe there is a good reason? Maybe he isnt too lazy to or too old or any of the stupid horseshit I have read.
Maybe, just maybe Wade Phillips knows what he is doing.
Maybe he knows that the playoffs are when it really matters, that if we can lean on the O and survive the games without Talib without playing any of the aces up his sleeve, its worth it. Maybe through all of the struggles of stubbornly playing this scheme without Talib means that the rest of the unit, the young guys like Ebukam for example, will continue to develop and eventually play faster because they are not thinking

Guys, I think our D gets its shit together just in time for a dominant postseason run.

KCLARAM FAN

Rookie
Name
kclaram
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
7a6e4bd14c992dfdb9d2577aedaac1ae.jpg

so when you cant counter pesky facts,this is what you resort to,how mature. I knew as any objective fan knew before that game started that it would be a wild shootout because the facts cannot be refuted,these two teams easily have the two worst defenses in the NFL. waits for childish photo of lighten up francis again as the rebutall in defeat again.:rolleyes:

KCLARAM FAN

Rookie
Name
kclaram
We've gone 11 weeks of bad defense, it is what it is for this season. Some how our D is worse than last season with more talent.

you nailed it.best damn post on this thread. No need to go any further reading since that is the case,you said it for me but in a much shorter sentence.LOL

for now on,this post is the best post on this thread to reply to and comment on because it sums up my post perfectly but in a much shorter way.will only reply to posts that adrress this post now since it wins heads down as the best post in reply on the thread.:yay:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
so when you cant counter pesky facts,this is what you resort to,how mature. I knew as any objective fan knew before that game started that it would be a wild shootout because the facts cannot be refuted,these two teams easily have the two worst defenses in the NFL. waits for childish photo of lighten up francis again as the rebutall in defeat again.:rolleyes:

I am afraid of what you may do if I disappoint. So...

really-tell-me-more.jpg

Ram65

Legend
I tried yesterday to come up with some logical explanation to why Wade can't at least slow down the the bleeding to little avail.

They do play better down the stretch. Hopefully, with Talib and some rest it starts coming together.

KCLARAM FAN

Rookie
Name
kclaram
I tried yesterday to come up with some logical explanation to why Wade can't at least slow down the the bleeding to little avail.

They do play better down the stretch. Hopefully, with Talib and some rest it starts coming together.

you and me both.same here.like someone else said before,amazing how their defense is worse this year than last year despite the off season talent they acquired.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Wade hasn't finished with this defense. It's still being tweaked...and is talented enough where they rise to the occasion.

Let them keep playing and the youth of the LBs and secondary gain in knowledge, experience, and savvy. Long as they get at the right time.

Well stated Woodie, hard to plow thru so much inane blather 60-70% of wanna be experts spew (some of you should be ashamed of yourselves) but you Sir, get it

Bravo Sir

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
A finger roll has always qualified as a lay up Les. The Showtime Lakers made a living off of them. "Magic lays it up and in." Generally speaking, a lay up is a shot at the basket that is not a dunk and mostly while the player is on a break away or one on one situation.

a shot in basketball made from near the basket usually by playing the ball off the backboard. lay up.

a shot with one hand from a point close to the basket, in which a player shoots the ball toward the basket, often off the backboard.

Finger Roll
Basketball
a type of layup shot in which the player shoots with their palm facing away from the basket, rolling the ball off the tips of their outstretched fingers.

View: https://youtu.be/efT05F99Sw0

View: https://youtu.be/cwHC7cZX01o

A finger roll is always a palm up shot and almost never off the backboard and is always flipped very high up. It's different than your typical layup. That's why when it happens announcers say "finger roll" and not layup.

This is a lemon creme thing for me and I will go to the fuckin' mat.

A three pointer is a jump shot, but it's DIFFERENT than a normal jump shot!!!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
A finger roll is always a palm up shot and almost never off the backboard and is always flipped very high up. It's different than your typical layup. That's why when it happens announcers say "finger roll" and not layup.

This is a lemon creme thing for me and I will go to the freakin' mat.

A three pointer is a jump shot, but it's DIFFERENT than a normal jump shot!!!!!
Nope. A finger roll is just one of the various methods for making a lay-up. You can couch it all you want. And a three pointer is no different than any other jumper but beyond the three point line. A player launching one from half court is not shooting a jumper and yet it is worth 3. A hook shot from 3 point range is a 3 pointer. Certain definitions of shots just have requirements and a lay-up DOES NOT require the ball to come off the back-board. It is more about the ball being "laid up into the basket". Just look at the actual definition of a finger roll that I provided. A finger roll is simply a type of a lay-up - just like a jump shot from three point range is a type of 3 pointer.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
A hook shot

Which isn't called a jumper or a jump shot because even though the player leaves their feet it's a different thing.

Just like a finger roll isn't a layup. Or lemon creme or lemon jelly.

IT'S A FINGER ROLL.

Do you see Ice Man saying "One thing I could do way a lay up".

No..........he says finger roll.

These are subspecies, that's certain, but different animals.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This thread was very entertaining to read thank you, I only wish I had some popcorn to enjoy it with. I participle stuff like this.

If I may say this.
The Cardinals went to play the Chiefs THIS year IN ARROWHEAD ... and held the Chiefs to ... wait for it .... 26 points.

We seriously need to chew on that before we start offering excuses that our defense doesn't have major problems.

And the Chiefs gave up 14 points to them no wonder we scored so much on them! These kind of attempts at applying random stats to other matchup are utterly useless.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This thread was very entertaining to read thank you, I only wish I had some popcorn to enjoy it with. I participle stuff like this.

And the Chiefs gave up 14 points to them no wonder we scored so much on them! These kind of attempts at applying random stats to other matchup are utterly useless.
:party:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Phillips..... knows more about what he is seeing than any of us can even pretend to understand.
I'm not sure about this part.

We posters on here get the benefit of not being under the pressure that Phillips is under.

We get to sit in our easy chair, drinking beer in a much more relaxed state of mind while we watch the game.
That gives us the clear-minded opportunity, with the benefit of major hindsight later in the day, to realize how the defense should have responded.