Pharoh Cooper

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
I wonder how Cooper would do lined up in the backfield and taking Tavon's snaps? Personally, I think the kid has potential, most likely as a wide receiver (slot?). But I think the Rams could also utilize him in other roles as well. He has earned the right to play more. JMHO
I was just thinkin that Pharaoh would be an interesting option to have lined up as a RB
train

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Cooper is a very good receiver, his last year at South Carolina he led the SEC in receiving. The following year Josh Reynolds led the SEC in receiving. I would like to see Cooper get more snaps on offense instead of Tavon.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Special teams never gets enough credit . Just watch the struggles other teams have and it eventually will cost you a game or two . GZ has been awesome too .
Yeah, the first kickoff alone was huge. He ran it up to like the Rams 40 yard line... huge momentum starter.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
While I agree he’s our best returner since Horne, he did fumble last week and was lucky it bounced out of bounds. For all the acrimony Kupp got last week, Cooper could’ve been handed (unfairly) similar goat status if a recovery would’ve resulted in a Saints win. With that said, he’s been better than Hakim and Austin in terms of ball security...but he’s not been perfect either. It wasn’t his only fumble.

Early in the year...he ran out some ill advised returns that resulted in poor field position but he’s been better the last five games (again, not perfect, but better).

Finally, and I was blasted earlier in the year for offering this...but since it’s now a popular sentiment in this particular thread...Cooper has the ability to do all the things Austin does for this offense...in some ways better (as a true receiver). As a runner, he may not make as many highlight plays, but he won’t take as many backwards running losses either.

McVay needs to use Austin (being paid too much not to do so) but he certainly doesn’t need him, especially when Brown and Dunbar return.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Finally, and I was blasted earlier in the year for offering this...but since it’s now a popular sentiment in this particular thread...Cooper has the ability to do all the things Austin does for this offense...in some ways better (as a true receiver). As a runner, he may not make as many highlight plays, but he won’t take as many backwards running losses either.

I wouldn't blast you for that... I agree completely (that Cooper can do all the things Austin does. Having a spirited discussion on that very topic in the http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/why-did-tavon-hardly-play-yesterday.52315/page-7#post-996393 thread).

Austin in another one of those Rams that polarizes fans... it's hard for some to accept that his role has diminished now to the point that he is easily replaced by Cooper in all the things he does.

Maybe Austin is able to take the snaps he gets for the remainder of the season and impress the hell out of McVay.

We'll see...