Pharoh Cooper

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Just want to give the kid some cred on how well he's developed on the punt returns. He's been very secure with the ball, doesn't waste time dancing around, and always seems to get the most from what's there in blocking.

He has some real nice natural RB type ability with the ball in his hands.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Watched his college film when we drafted him, this is EXACTLY how you use a guy like this. Even the WR screen in the 4th Q that he got a 1st down, gained 10-11yds I think, can catch & run like he knows what he's doing. Not many WR's can do the WR screen like him. I've seen so many we've tried in the past, every time it was blown up. Now it's clicking, & he's a big part of it. Ima fan of the TUTT!

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Just want to give the kid some cred on how well he's developed on the punt returns. He's been very secure with the ball, doesn't waste time dancing around, and always seems to get the most from what's there in blocking.

^^ THIS ^^

My biggest complaint about Taye Awesome (prior to this year's punt fielding issues) was that he'd dance around east-to-west, instead of heading upfield. I like that once Cooper secures the punt, he's quick to get on his horse and head north. Also saw him do a short hesitation to let that first level of coverage run out of the play. He just seems to have better instincts than TA on punt returns.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My biggest complaint about Taye Awesome (prior to this year's punt fielding issues) was that he'd dance around east-to-west, instead of heading upfield.
Now, I'm not gonna make a federal case out of this... but he did do it again on one play yesterday.

Had he just turned up field, instead of trying to juke around, he would have made some decent yardage on the play.

As it turned out, he bounced outside for a minimal gain compared to what he could have had.

Regarding Cooper... yes, he's really doing well... securing the ball and he has great instincts.

The change is working out really well!

Ram65

Legend
I remember a thread where no one was giving Cooper any love. Highlights and accolades to all the WRs except Cooper earlier in the year before cuts.. I put up his highlight video and said I liked him last year coming out of South Carolina. He is showing his versatility by looking good on those punt returns and of course the KO returns. Gets an occasional pass like that screen pass. He is strong and always gets a few extra yards. Not the sexy WR/Returner but, very effective.

Last edited:

RAMBUSH

Starter

He has some real nice natural RB type ability with the ball in his hands.
This whole damn team is really looking good . All aspects of the game have been improved on . I was almost bored watching the thrashing of the G- String Giants ...

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was almost bored watching the thrashing of the G- String Giants ...

I could never be bored by those kinda games... Fisher offense? Yes, that was boooooring!!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Rams

#1 in the NFL in kickoff return avg at 29.8 and #2 in yardage at 507

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Now, I'm not gonna make a federal case out of this... but he did do it again on one play yesterday.

Had he just turned up field, instead of trying to juke around, he would have made some decent yardage on the play.

As it turned out, he bounced outside for a minimal gain compared to what he could have had.

Regarding Cooper... yes, he's really doing well... securing the ball and he has great instincts.

The change is working out really well!
I remember this play. Tay could have gotten another 10 yds easily if he had just hit 2nd gear and went right up the middle. Funny how he can outrun pretty much anyone yet he tries to outsmart them instead.

Ellard80

Legend
Shows much better vision and instincts than Tavon...

Tavon had a couple nice plays though.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I have no complaints. PC is the man, and he does have more to offer than TA does. I want to see another KR for 6, first play of the game!

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
A kick returner needs vision and decisiveness and neither can be ""coached".

Cooper is as good at it as anyone in the league.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
P. Cooper has been transcendent as a returner. When I scouted his film in college, I wanted this player so bad. He isn't very fast 40 wise, but I remarked that with the ball in his hands, he almost always looked like the fasted player on the field. That trait has now translated to the NFL. I am very interested in what else the kid can do, but he helps us so much on the ST's aspect/level of the game, it make us even harder to beat.

TexasRam

Legend
He should be in the pro bowl for being tops in kick and punt return. Along with GZ.

Now If we could get Troy Hill and the rookies to stop with the fricken penalties. Yea I’m lookin at you Peterson “Don’t do that!!!” As Mcvay shouted.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
All hail the Pharoh!

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Special teams never gets enough credit . Just watch the struggles other teams have and it eventually will cost you a game or two . GZ has been awesome too .

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cooper is doing an amazing job. I'm disappointed that Austin forgot how to catch the ball. He's got a little more juice, but I can't complain with how Cooper is playing.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder how Cooper would do lined up in the backfield and taking Tavon's snaps? Personally, I think the kid has potential, most likely as a wide receiver (slot?). But I think the Rams could also utilize him in other roles as well. He has earned the right to play more. JMHO