PFT’s Week Seven power rankings: Rams #11

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/20/pfts-week-seven-power-rankings/

PFT’s Week Seven power rankings
Posted by Mike Florio on October 20, 2015

1. Patriots (5-0; last week No. 1): Revenge is a dish best served when the adversary runs one of the dumbest plays in the history of organized sports.

2. Bengals (6-0; No. 3): At some point, the Bengals will be on to New England. And that could be bad news for the Patriots.

3. Packers (6-0; No. 2): It’s hard to hold the No. 2 spot when giving up more than 500 yards passing.

4. Panthers (5-0; No. 7): Cam Newton is old enough to make a clutch throw in a hostile environment.

5. Broncos (6-0; No. 4): Even if they lose no games in the regular season, one and done is looming in January.

6. Jets (4-1; No. 8): When does the Jets coach start spouting off about how much he hates Bill Belichick and Tom Brady? Oh wait, that guy’s gone.

7. Steelers (4-2; No. 10): The Steelers haven’t won with this many quarterbacks since the days of Bradshaw, Gilliam, and Hanratty.

8. Falcons (5-1; No. 5): The only good news from Thursday night is there likely won’t be another Falcons punter immortalized by a statue outside the Superdome.

9. Cardinals (4-2; No. 6): Maybe the Cardinals really haven’t beaten anyone.

10. Vikings (3-2; No. 15): With Mike Wallace, Stefon Diggs, and Charles Johnson, the Vikings could have the best three wideouts in the NFL.

11. Rams (2-3; No. 12): The good news? The Rams finally have climbed past Seattle and San Francisco in the standings. The bad news? Both of those teams stink right now.

12. Eagles (3-3; No. 24): If they can win by 20 when Sam Bradford throws three interceptions, how would they do if he threw, you know, none?

13. Cowboys (2-3; No. 14): At some point, they’ll be healthy. And they should then be able to run away with the division.

14. Giants (3-3; No. 9): How does a team go from looking so bad to so good to so bad?

15. Dolphins (2-3; No. 22): If he puked on his shoes before the game, the Gatorade shower washed it off.

16. Seahawks (2-4; No. 11): The Legion of Boom is about to become the Legion of Booed.

17. Bills (3-3; No. 13): First, Sammy Watkins. Next, Mario Williams. Who’s the next Bills player to publicly complain?

18. Raiders (2-3; No. 18): A playoff run remains possible, but the wins need to start coming this Sunday in San Diego.

19. Colts (3-3; No. 16): For his next trick, Chuck Pagano will make his job disappear.

20. Browns (2-4; No. 17): Too many close games, too many failures to win close games.

21. Chargers (2-4; No. 19): Philip Rivers‘ new contract should have included a clause that voids it immediately if he ever throws for 500 yards and no interceptions and the rest of the team isn’t good enough to manage the win.

22. Washington (2-4; No. 21): Why is Kirk Cousins still playing? Because the longer he plays the greater the chances that RGIII won’t.

23. Saints (2-4; No. 31): Another week, another Super Bowl rematch involving teams that don’t have much of a chance to get back in 2015.

24. Bears (2-4; No. 23): Hey, at least they filled their quota for pre-Thanksgiving wins.

25. Buccaneers (2-3; No. 25): Jameis Winston quietly is putting together a good rookie year.

26. 49ers (2-4; No. 27): If you’d told 49ers fans before the season that the team would have the same record as the Seahawks heading into their Week Seven showdown, 49ers fans would have been very excited.

27. Texans (2-4; No. 29): Yes, 26 teams passed on DeAndre Hopkins.

28. Ravens (1-5; No. 20): That was the worst Harbaugh Brothers weekend since the 49ers and Ravens lost conference championship games on the same day in January 2012.

29. Lions (1-5; No. 32): The Lions finally figured out how to win a game — play in a way that suggests they really don’t want to.

30. Chiefs (1-5; No. 26): The Sea of Red may soon be demanding some slips of pink.

31. Titans (1-4; No. 28): Since starting 4-0 with the Cardinals in 2012, Ken Whisenhunt is 4-29 as a head coach.

32. Jaguars (1-5; No. 30): Do they take the pools to London?

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
We have got to start winning games. I feel like for the past 2 or 3 years we've been thought of as the best team with a losing record.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have got to start winning games. I feel like for the past 2 or 3 years we've been thought of as the best team with a losing record.
I feel like they sit at the crossroads right now... a ripe opportunity to start something special and make some real noise.

Starts Sunday against the Browns... a team they simply ought to beat at home.

fearsomefour

Legend
I feel like they sit at the crossroads right now... a ripe opportunity to start something special and make some real noise.

Starts Sunday against the Browns... a team they simply ought to beat at home.
I agree.
This is a crossroads for the Fisher era. Time to reel off some consecutive wins. The good-game-bad-game thing has to end now with the Browns, Whiners, Vikings, Bears, Ravens in order. All winnable games. They simply have to beat Cleveland and SF in back to back home games before heading off for a tough game in Minnesota.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I will feel much better about this team if we go out and kick ass this week coming off the bye. We should be able to shove it down their throat on the ground all day.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I have to admit, I laughed at the Chargers comment.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I will feel much better about this team if we go out and kick ass this week coming off the bye. We should be able to shove it down their throat on the ground all day.
I would love to see the Rams Lay a 50 burger shut-out on the Browns!! With us scoring in all 3 fazes of the game, Offence - Defense - Special Teams!!:D:yess:

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I would love to see the Rams Lay a 50 burger shut-out on the Browns!! With us scoring in all 3 fazes of the game, Offence - Defense - Special Teams!!:D:yess:
Yeah, we are due for one of those this year, wanting to see our guys just destroy a team. I know it's coming at some point....

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Putting a real beat down on the Browns would be such a confidence builder, huh?

One that the players and coaches can really build upon.

A strong game from Foles, our WR's, TE's, and OL in the same game would leverage our confidence factor immensely. And a confident team is damned tough to beat.

We'll all happily take any kind of a win, of course. But if we can CRUSH the Browns...

Hoo Boy! It's Katie bar the door... Lol.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
A loss to the Browns will just about doom any realistic chance for playoffs this season IMO. If the Rams can win at least 4 of the next 5 and get to 6-4, then they have a decent chance for postseason play. We'll see how it goes. I just have a hard time believing they can win 5 straight games. But they must win the next 2.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Did you see the BSPN rankings? Rams dropped a spot to #18. While the Cowboys, who have the same 2-3 record, and were on a bye, just like we were... rose 2 spots!! And Seattle at 2-4, who we beat by the way, is still 6 spots ahead of us. Gotta love the B in BSPN.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Seems like the problems have switched from major problems on roster and staff to minor tweaks with the scheme/execution and discipline. Coming off a bye week should give this team the time it needed to regroup and make a second half surge. Being they played some really good teams rough, playing lesser teams should make a nice difference in the W column. I say we only go up from here. The question is how high?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do you guys regard PFT higher than ESPN?

I do. At least Florio has a sense of humor about himself. I suspect he doesn't take himself too seriously except when he occasionally crosses over into sharing his political and societal view points. Then he ticks me off. :palm:

The truth is that I use the PFT feed daily because it's easy on my computer unlike ESPN. CBS.com and FOX.com are the worst and sometimes crash the page.

The east coast homerism by ESPN gets on my nerves. Peter King and MMQB has some of the best articles but again the love affair with the Brady Bunch is hard to take. :poop: Once Brady and Belicheat retire some of these folks may have to get into therapy and take antidepressants. (Hey @CGI_Ram we need a barf emoticon.)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Speaking of ESPN...I guess kissing the Patriots butts on a daily basis is not paying off financially for them.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...aid-planning-to-eliminate-as-many-as-350-jobs

Walt Disney Co.’s ESPN sports network, confronting rising programming costs and a loss of viewers, plans to eliminate as many as 350 positions, about 4.3 percent of its workforce, according to people with knowledge of the matter.

An ESPN spokesman declined to comment. The sports broadcaster, based in Bristol, Connecticut, employs 8,000 people worldwide, according to a company fact sheet.

The network, which commands the highest price per customer among basic cable channels, has lost more than 4 million subscribers in the past four years, according to researcher SNL Kagan.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
A loss to the Browns will just about doom any realistic chance for playoffs this season IMO. If the Rams can win at least 4 of the next 5 and get to 6-4, then they have a decent chance for postseason play. We'll see how it goes. I just have a hard time believing they can win 5 straight games. But they must win the next 2.
IF you look at our next 5 opponents, It's not hard to believe at all!!:DJMHO
( Cleveland, 49ers, Vikings, Bears, and Ravens!)

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
IF you look at our next 5 opponents, It's not hard to believe at all!!:DJMHO
( Cleveland, 49ers, Vikings, Bears, and Ravens!)
I'll believe it when I see, and when I see it I'll be super-stoked and excited.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Speaking of ESPN...I guess kissing the Patriots butts on a daily basis is not paying off financially for them.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...aid-planning-to-eliminate-as-many-as-350-jobs

Walt Disney Co.’s ESPN sports network, confronting rising programming costs and a loss of viewers, plans to eliminate as many as 350 positions, about 4.3 percent of its workforce, according to people with knowledge of the matter.

An ESPN spokesman declined to comment. The sports broadcaster, based in Bristol, Connecticut, employs 8,000 people worldwide, according to a company fact sheet.

The network, which commands the highest price per customer among basic cable channels, has lost more than 4 million subscribers in the past four years, according to researcher SNL Kagan.
This really doesn't surprise me.

I think ESPN has been losing viewership for years now... a few reasons:
* A lot of the guys (like Berman) are getting old and just not relevant anymore.
* They jettisoned a bunch of decent people in favor of (I'm sure) low paid, attractive women. Most of them just come across as... well, I'm not going to insult them specifically.
* They've had a bunch of their employees embroiled in scandals (remember, the same company that employed Warren Sapp is owned by Disney... ya know, that "family oriented " company?).
* Cable, overall, is declining... people are doing streaming more now.
* They're just not "fresh" any more... everything feels old and tired.

I only watch 30 On 30 anymore and live games that interest me. The rest is just a beat down of the highest order.

I wouldn't be surprised if this trend of declining revenues continues (at least, I hope it does).
;)