PFF’s highest RZ grade for returning QBs. Jared McVay is ranked #4.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Found it funny they mentioned McVay multiple times but didnt mention any of the other QB’s offensive coordinators. Even when giving Goff praise they find ways to slight him.

WentzRedZone-768x434.jpg

Jared Goff, Los Angeles Rams | Red-Zone Grade: 76.4

Los Angeles Rams quarterback Jared Goff, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, stumbled out of the gates, earning an underwhelming 42.9 offense grade across 392 snaps as a rookie. He also earned the 29th-ranked red-zone offense grade (52.4) in his debut season. Goff’s stumble in both areas, of course, was corrected (with the help of NFL Coach of the Year Sean McVay) in Year 2 of his career.

Goff improved his offense grade by 32.7 points in 2018, going from his 42.9 offense grade in 2017 to 75.6 the following season, which ranked 15th among qualifying signal-callers. His dramatic improvement carried over to his red-zone performance, as well. He completed 53-of-92 attempts (57.6 percent) for 24 touchdowns and zero interceptions, meaning 85.7 percent of his touchdown passes were thrown in the red zone – the third-highest percentage among quarterbacks with at least 40 red-zone attempts last season.

With such a high percentage of Goff’s scores coming in the red zone, his success in 2018 will be much more dependent on his red-zone efficiency than other quarterbacks. With McVay pulling the strings, Goff’s floor production inside the 20-yard line is high, but it will take Goff nearing his ceiling in the area for the Rams to push past the first round of the playoffs.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...ocial&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

Psycho_X

Legend
Enter Brandin Cooks, a man who has the speed and route running to be the threat we need. Goff's touchdowns outside of the redzone are about to go up... up... and away!!!!!!

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Wow, Keenum and Goff in top 5. Why is it that whenever Goff get’s recognition, McVay is always the reason for his success? As if Goff is some sort of puppet. Never hear the same about Keenum/Shurmer or Foles/Reich. Anyway, more proof Fisher really was inept when it came to offense and coordinators.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Found it funny they mentioned McVay multiple times but didnt mention any of the other QB’s offensive coordinators. Even when giving Goff praise they find ways to slight him.

they can all eat their words when goff destroys defenses this season. the cocks.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Watkins will be missed in the redzone, but I think cooks and an improving tigh end core can make up for it

Does this include running in the red zone? I'm sure Wentz had a few rushing TDs, dont want Jaed doing that lol

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
they can all eat their words when goff destroys defenses this season. the cocks.

Yep it's the disgusting media double standard. One could do the same with Joe Montana. Or point out that Steve Young wasn't all that great until he went and played under Walsh and that system.

They can kiss my effin @$$. Don't be disrespecting my team or it's players, goddamn PFF clown show. Put up the analytics, sure, but don't try to explain them because you F'ers don't have enough clue to put two and two together.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I dont think its a double standard with the media. I think its just hard for them to swallow the fact they were wrong about him last season.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
I like Goff. But to be fair to "the media" (and for the sake of convenience I will mis-apply that monolithic tag to "them"), a lot of Goff's highlights are TD's that any QB should make. For example, Goff's 2 TDs in the second 'Squak game were a pass to a wide open Woods who fell down on his ass, untouched, in the end zone with no one around him and the pass to Gurley sprung wide open on a pick. Goff highlights also include short passes resulting in highlight TDs, for example, Wood's 3d and forever against the Giants, Gurley TD screen against the Titans, and Gurley's leaper against the Skins. Sure, lots of QBs get a lot of easy TDs, but for Goff, a guy that a lot of people, nationally, know by highlights, there's a lot of production that looks like a lot of other QBs could do.

Also, I think if Rams fans paid more attention to coverage of other QBs as much as they paid attention to coverage of Goff, they'd find similar non-over-the-moon type opinions. But fans don't generally waste their time like that.

Keenum:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCbdx1On66c

Foles:
2017 has been Foles' best (eight touchdowns, two interceptions including playoffs) since the breakout, but that's a credit to Doug Pederson and his coaching staff. They've made Foles look better than what he is.
https://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2018/01/no_jets_fans_nick_foles_is_not_your_answer_at_quar.html
He is throwing shorter passes than Wentz, but he’s been an efficiency machine in these playoffs—thanks to a mixture of a great offensive game plan, gifted skill-position players, a sturdy offensive line, and Foles himself making the throws he’s asked to make. Foles might not be elite, but the infrastructure around him is.
https://www.theringer.com/nfl-playo...les-nick-foles-offense-carson-wentz-analytics

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i think the point of this thread was the lack of respect given to goff by the media. i don't think anyone cares about pff dorky grades.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Regardless of the grades or "expert" predictions, this season will ultimately rest on Jared Goffs shoulders. We have a very talented team, that many top 10 QB's would love to have. Goff has the chance this year to shut up ALL the haters, doubters and naysayers.