PFF’S BEST PLAYER AWARD: AARON DONALD NO. 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Way to go Aaron! A hat tip to Michael Brockers, his unsung partner on the inside.

If we can get a healthy defense overall next year, and a competent offense we are on our way.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
By the time Donald retires as a Ram he will have a wall full of award's.And hopefully that will include a few Lombardi trophys to go with the individual ones.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll bet he's even better next year! How? I don't know. More sacks? More tackles for loss? I just know he'll be better.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm happy he's getting the recognition, it's very well deserved.

CPalmer was third, and IMO he is the league MVP.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
nah - he's too small to be a success on the inside in the NFL ;)

well deserved, but like @Roman Snow I'll raise a glass to Brockers and the rest of line...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Great News, I'm Happy for him!! But after checking these awards further, Winston got "Rookie of the Year" and Gurrrley came in 4th!!!! that "SUCKS!!"

Imagine if he'd have played all season with even a hint of a passing game for the Rams ;)

Alan

Legend
Well, we know they're using their own methodology to make that determination and we also know their methodology is flawed so...;)
Totally deserved if he actually gets DPOY. (y)

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW

RamBill

Legend
Pro Football Focus founder Neil Hornsby hands out the “Dwight Stephenson” award, which is given out to the best player in the NFL, regardless of position. Rams DT Aaron Donald is the winner, with WR Antonio Brown the runner-up.

Watch PFF Talk Aaron Donald

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I'll bet he's even better next year! How? I don't know. More sacks? More tackles for loss? I just know he'll be better.

I'll tell you how he has a better year next year, Dino.

A healthy Quinn on one side of him and either a healthy Long or a top DE draft pick on the other side.

And having even a decent Ram O would be a further big bonus. Imagine Donald playing while with a frequent lead!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
In that case, I really believe he would have challenged Eric's 1808 yard rookie season rushing record.

I'm with you there, I'm so of glad he didn't though ED'd a legend to me - I could let Gurley have 1807 though ;)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Donald is great...but PFF overrates him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That would be my 2nd choice.
Carolina without Cam is basically the Rams.
Arizona without Palmer is a bottom feeder IMO.

Disagree. The Cards went 5-3 last year with Stanton.

Both teams would be middling teams without their starting QB. But I look at what Cam has to work with and what Palmer has to work with and it's striking. Palmer has one of the most talented supporting casts in the league. Cam has one of the least talented supporting casts in the league. Yet, it was Carolina that led the NFL in points scored. And it was Cam Newton that produced 45 TDs.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Disagree. The Cards went 5-3 last year with Stanton.

Both teams would be middling teams without their starting QB. But I look at what Cam has to work with and what Palmer has to work with and it's striking. Palmer has one of the most talented supporting casts in the league. Cam has one of the least talented supporting casts in the league. Yet, it was Carolina that led the NFL in points scored. And it was Cam Newton that produced 45 TDs.
I don't think as highly of the talent(offensive supporting cast and defense) in Arizona as most do.