PFF Top 50 Free Agents 2024 - Dotson #23

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ROD-BOT

News Feeder

23. G KEVIN DOTSON, LOS ANGELES RAMS

Dotson was traded from the Pittsburgh Steelers to the Los Angeles Rams this offseason, and what first appeared like an odd fit should have instead been a signal that head coach Sean McVay was reinventing his offense to much success in 2023. McVay has pivoted from a wide-zone rushing attack to a heavy gap scheme, and Dotson has been a picture-perfect fit. He has always been a strong pass protector, which has carried over, as well.

Top free agent comparison: Larry Warford, 2017​

PlayerPass-block gradeTrue pass set pass-block gradePositive run-block grade percentageAPY as % of Cap at signing
Kevin Dotson75.169.015.2%
Larry Warford75.269.115.0%5.1%
*All data in tables reflects two years prior to UFA contract signing

Contract Projection: Four years, $69 million ($17.25 million per year), $41.25 million total guaranteed

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What a pleasant surprise & need.The article says it best.
As a long time Rams Fan I’ve enjoyed watching different players payers succeed.

The RG position has been a position that really separates success vs. not? Meaning a bigger RG has been the best.
I don’t know ,but Timmerman comes to mind as an excellent RG. Austin Corbett did well.
Just glad there was depth at RG.Bruss was a joke to think about starting the last 2 years.
Austin Blythe was a small center & not a guard.Brian Allen has no business even lining up as a guard.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No way the Rams are gonna pay 17 million/year to Dotson. I could see maybe 10 mil. I guess they will have to draft another guard or pick up another one in free agency.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Man what if we go after Chris Jones instead. You wanna talk about 2 bad ass DTs that can move all along the line like him and Donald? One can dream right?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's a lot of cheddar for one year of production.