PFF Team of the Week- Rams Represent

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
PFF has nothing to do with record. They analyze a player play by play and give grades on individual performance. Preseason or not, Goff performed better than any other QB according to them.

So does this mean that now PFF knows what they are talkin about?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Then there's my 6th rd ROD mock sleeper RB De'Angelo Henderson who's making me look good so far in pre season. He's turning some heads in Denver.

Coastal Carolina is churning 'em out these days.

Oh and that small school TE guy....making plays for the Horns. :)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Menelik Watson....anybody remember that draft? Think it was Watson...and Long....Chris Long's brother...they both went to community college together....One went to Florida St. and the other went to Oregon.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dunno about that. Prove it to me and I'll eat some crow.
Lol google 2009 NFL preseason and look for yourself. Btw they were3-1 that year. 2011 they were 4-0 and the backups did the majority of the winning.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Lol google 2009 NFL preseason and look for yourself. Btw they were3-1 that year. 2011 they were 4-0 and the backups did the majority of the winning.

Ok you showed me! Thank you

Ok where's my crow !?

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
Compare Goff this pre-season to last.......enough said!!! Goff's not there yet, but the arrow is trending up; it WAS a giant step in the right direction.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sorry but I have to do this....

Spags had a really good preseason team as well...

he went on to go 1-15 in the regular season.
If I recall right, his first team offense never scored a TD in preseason that year.

I was at the season opener that year in Seattle. The defense played really well until the offense repeatedly shot itself in the foot and Bulger missed wide open receivers by a country mile. The defense gave the offense a short field the entire first half but simply got worn down - mostly mentally by the complete futility of that offense. It was disgusting.

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
This must mean nothing, right? I mean everyone said PFF did not know what they were talking about when Mannion was the #1 QB in the NFC west after the first preseason game.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
If I recall right, his first team offense never scored a TD in preseason that year.

I was at the season opener that year in Seattle. The defense played really well until the offense repeatedly shot itself in the foot and Bulger missed wide open receivers by a country mile. The defense gave the offense a short field the entire first half but simply got worn down - mostly mentally by the complete futility of that offense. It was disgusting.

yeah after doing a little research it was the 2nd teams that would win games. Doesn't say much, well....preseason doesn't really say much. Sure you can pick out a couple players that stand out. But as a team, you can never really tell how they're going to perform.
Here's to hoping we do well this season! :yay:

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There were 2 guys from that draft that had an NFL career of any note. Quinn and Kendricks.. we drafted Greg Salas and Austin Pettis in that draft and I don't think they can compare to Josh Reynolds and Cooper Kupp. Steven Jackson was at the end of his career, and our OLine play was really bad. I have not seen WR separation this good since the Warner days. Spags was a defense guy, and defenses are always ahead of offense in the preseason.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
yeah after doing a little research it was the 2nd teams that would win games. Doesn't say much, well....preseason doesn't really say much. Sure you can pick out a couple players that stand out. But as a team, you can never really tell how they're going to perform.
Here's to hoping we do well this season! :yay:
Yeah. I pretty much watch preseason games to see how the first unit plays against the other team's first unit. Other than that maybe how a few players I'm interested in seeing make the team. Aside from that? Not much meaning to preseason beyond that of a scrimmage.

In the same vein however, I wouldn't look at a previous preseason record and assume it has anything to do with this team.

Cheers and Go Rams!!!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
And I believe prior to their infamous 0-16 regular season, the Lions went 4-0 in the preseason.

Still, I liked what I saw from Goff. I'm still not satisfied with how Gurley is running, though.
I was thinking of this the other day. Teams that go 4-0 in the preseason don't always do too well in the regular season. And I too am concerned a little about Gurley and I've been in his corner from the start. He seems to have hit somewhat of a wall. Im hoping he is just saving a little bit right now after that brutal season last year.