PFF Ranks Rams OL 31'st in the League ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
B.S. This is where I hate PFF. We may be a no-name OL, but healthy, these guys are going to surprise some people. Should we remain healthy, this OL starts moving up the charts following game one. Love PFF for their grading, but prognosticating isn't always in their wheelhouse. Guess they hadn't even noticed that GRob's play picked up big time towards the end of last season and extending into the 4 pre-season games. Also missed that Reynolds is now on IR.

I understood them giving us 32'nd in the league at WR a couple days ago, but this is just wrong. jmo.

PFF : https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-entering-the-2016-season/

Continuing our season previews series, the PFF analysis team recently ranked every NFL offensive line, based on both the starting lineup and projected depth of each unit. Nearly every team has made changes to their line compared to last year, and at the very least, each team has addressed the depth of their O-line unit.

With those changes taken into consideration, here’s how the league’s offensive lines stack up heading into the 2016 season.

[More: Be sure to check out PFF’s ranking of all 32 NFL QB situations, running back units, and defensive front-sevens.]

1. Dallas Cowboys

2. Oakland Raiders

3. Green Bay Packers

4. Cincinnati Bengals

5. Atlanta Falcons

6. Carolina Panthers

7. Philadelphia Eagles

8. New Orleans Saints

9. Arizona Cardinals

10. Buffalo Bills

11. Houston Texans

12. Washington

13. Baltimore Ravens

14. Pittsburgh Steelers

15. Minnesota Vikings

16. Indianapolis Colts

17. Kansas City Chiefs

18. New England Patriots

19. Miami Dolphins

20. New York Giants

21. Cleveland Browns

22. Detroit Lions

23. Jacksonville Jaguars

24. New York Jets

25. Tennessee Titans

26. San Francisco 49ers

27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

28. Denver Broncos

29. San Diego Chargers

30. Chicago Bears

31. Los Angeles Rams
Projected starters: LT Greg Robinson, LG Jamon Brown, C Tim Barnes, RG Rodger Saffold, RT Rob Havenstein

Roster depth: Cody Wichmann, Andrew Donnal, Demetrius Rhaney

Key stat: The Rams’ projected starting offensive line has played 230 snaps together.

In 2015, the Rams loaded up on offensive linemen in the draft. They hit on Rob Havenstein, but they are still waiting for the rest of their younger linemen to develop. In the short-term, they might be better off finding someone else at left tackle and starting Garrett Reynolds, but instead, it looks like they will stick with their younger linemen for now and see if they can reach their potential.

32. Seattle Seahawks

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
B.S. This is where I hate PFF. We may be a no-name OL, but healthy, these guys are going to surprise some people. Should we remain healthy, this OL starts moving up the charts following game one. Love PFF for their grading, but prognosticating isn't always in their wheelhouse. Guess they hadn't even noticed that GRob's play picked up big time towards the end of last season and extending into the 4 pre-season games. Also missed that Reynolds is now on IR.

I understood them giving us 32'nd in the league at WR a couple days ago, but this is just wrong. jmo.

PFF :
Continuing our season previews series, the PFF analysis team recently ranked every NFL offensive line, based on both the starting lineup and projected depth of each unit. Nearly every team has made changes to their line compared to last year, and at the very least, each team has addressed the depth of their O-line unit.

With those changes taken into consideration, here’s how the league’s offensive lines stack up heading into the 2016 season.

[More: Be sure to check out PFF’s ranking of all 32 NFL QB situations, running back units, and defensive front-sevens.]

1. Dallas Cowboys

2. Oakland Raiders

3. Green Bay Packers

4. Cincinnati Bengals

5. Atlanta Falcons

6. Carolina Panthers

7. Philadelphia Eagles

8. New Orleans Saints

9. Arizona Cardinals

10. Buffalo Bills

11. Houston Texans

12. Washington

13. Baltimore Ravens

14. Pittsburgh Steelers

15. Minnesota Vikings

16. Indianapolis Colts

17. Kansas City Chiefs

18. New England Patriots

19. Miami Dolphins

20. New York Giants

21. Cleveland Browns

22. Detroit Lions

23. Jacksonville Jaguars

24. New York Jets

25. Tennessee Titans

26. San Francisco 49ers

27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

28. Denver Broncos

29. San Diego Chargers

30. Chicago Bears

31. Los Angeles Rams
Projected starters: LT Greg Robinson, LG Jamon Brown, C Tim Barnes, RG Rodger Saffold, RT Rob Havenstein

Roster depth: Cody Wichmann, Andrew Donnal, Demetrius Rhaney

Key stat: The Rams’ projected starting offensive line has played 230 snaps together.

In 2015, the Rams loaded up on offensive linemen in the draft. They hit on Rob Havenstein, but they are still waiting for the rest of their younger linemen to develop. In the short-term, they might be better off finding someone else at left tackle and starting Garrett Reynolds, but instead, it looks like they will stick with their younger linemen for now and see if they can reach their potential.

32. Seattle Seahawks

BS!! But at least the 'Hags are below us!

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
#32 in every category I've seen . How will we even win one game ?

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Don't get the hate, our O line sucks. I'd love for them to prove me wrong this year. They gave credit where it was due (Havenstein, Reynolds) outside of that who else was good? They're not grading off potential, they're grading off performance.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Don't get the hate, our O line sucks. I'd love for them to prove me wrong this year. They gave credit where it was due (Havenstein, Reynolds) outside of that who else was good? They're not grading off potential, they're grading off performance.
I disagree that the line sucks. PFF only gives *a flawed grading methodology opinion* of performance. I'll take the opinion of my own eyes and other Rams fans before I care what the PFF snake-oil salesmen think.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I disagree that the line sucks. PFF only gives *a flawed grading methodology opinion* of performance. I'll take the opinion of my own eyes and other Rams fans before I care what the PFF snake-oil salesmen think.

Hey, we're all entitled to our opinions I don't have an issue with that, but I remember seeing something else.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Link is in the above article, author is NATHAN JAHNKE, released by PFF 3 HOURS AGO.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
So last year we gave up the least amount of sacks, and what were we in run offense??? Pfffft...what a joke.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I think @BonifayRam is going to have a conniption fit over this BS ranking of our O-LINE :mad:

8fef338c5fd1670fc56a2d48659f0760.jpg

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
That's some BS. We did however have the two worst linemen in the league last year on our starting Oline.