PFF: Rams 6-1 with Wentz?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
I know, beating a dead horse, but just read this on PFF and though since the games have been close, a couple of extra plays per game could have the Rams sitting pretty. Just read this and thought wow...where this team could be:

2016 Highest Graded QBs per @PFF #1 Tom Brady, 91.6 #2 Carson Wentz, 90.9 #3 Andrew Luck, 87.0 #4 Matthew Stafford 86.5.

BTW...Both Case and Carson lost in Detroit, so thats my 1 loss. I would be OK with 5-2 if you want to add in SF as the game plan and defense was just awful.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Nope, because Fisher would be doing the same thing with Wentz as he is with Goff. He doesn't like to rush rookie QBs regardless of their abilities.

fearsomefour

Legend
Let's play this out....
5-2 with a healthy starting D line and Keenum.
6-1 with Goff.
1-6 with Goff
6-1 with Bradford.
4-3 with everything the same except Matthews at LT instead of Grab (Arizona game).

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They would be 5-2 without the pic 6's regardless of who's fault it was . Then we would all be in our happy place .

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Wentz would be holding a clipboard. So no.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Eagles play a very QB friendly system. It is tough to compare how well Wentz would be playing for the Rams. It's apples and oranges.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If its a QB driven league, why dont the Rams run a QB friendly system? The West Coast Offense has made a lot of QB's look good, especially a couple of chaps from the 9ers. Curious-Do you think the Rams run a system that is unfriendly to a QB? Do you not think Wentz, who many scouts said was pro ready coming from a pro system in college, could not run what Kennum is running?

The Eagles play a very QB friendly system. It is tough to compare how well Wentz would be playing for the Rams. It's apples and oranges.

KDS73

Rookie
If he had it to do over again knowing what he knows now, there's zero doubt in my mind that Fisher drafts Wentz first and makes him the starter on day one. No doubt.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agreed. Isnt that why they are the teams leaders....to know 5 months later who will be the day one starter-especially after sending that package?? Its not like they sat at #1 and made the wrong pick. They identified who they thought would be a transformational player and moved up to get him!

If he had it to do over again knowing what he knows now, there's zero doubt in my mind that Fisher drafts Wentz first and makes him the starter on day one. No doubt.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Not sure I agree that the outcome would have been as you say. It definitely doesn't jibe with Fisher's history.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
You're giving Fisher waaay to much credit.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
7-0 ... if we picked up Fuller at WR at pick 15 and Dak Prescott with our second rounder ?

;)

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Nope , Rams receivers would be dropping his passes as well

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

This team is exactly how fisher wants it. He built it. It's the fifth year. He has his Qb out there. The Rams are what they are.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I know, beating a dead horse,
Then you won't mind if i put this here.
200.gif

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
What a fun game - can anybody play, or only smart people?