PFF Oline grades

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
This may have been posted a while ago, but it's good to look at for you cool aid drinkers..

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-this-season

Things to note:

1 Whitworth was the #2 best pass blocking tackle in the entire NFL. That's better than Pro Bowlers Tyron Smith, Trent Williams and Joe Thomas etc. He gave up 15 total pressures all year (637 snaps). Compare that to GRob who gave up 40 pressures (567 snaps) with 14 penalties.

2 Saffold had a rough start to the season but finished really strong not allowing a sack and only one hit to the QB in his final 7 games

3 Havenstein is notes as having a solid season though he dipped from his better rookie season.

Other things I did not know:

Aaron Rodgers holds the ball longer than any other QB due to his great pass blocking Oline.

The Titans have the best overall line in the NFL. No weak link. Which explains Mariotta's rise.

Trent Williams was the highest overall ranked Tackle.

The Patriots Oline had a resurgence due to the return of former Oline coach. Cannon and Solder really improved.

Incognito #5 guard overall. If we
Only kept our players signed.

Seattles Oline is a wasteland, so Russell Wilson is just that good.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
@TexasRam Re: Incognito, Rams let him go because of:
A) Maturity problems
B) Ill-timed penalties
C) Not a 4 pillars guy
D) All of the above
E) Jar of Almonds

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
This may have been posted a while ago, but it's good to look at for you cool aid drinkers..

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-this-season

Things to note:

1 Whitworth was the #2 best pass blocking tackle in the entire NFL. That's better than Pro Bowlers Tyron Smith, Trent Williams and Joe Thomas etc. He gave up 15 total pressures all year (637 snaps). Compare that to GRob who gave up 40 pressures (567 snaps) with 14 penalties.

2 Saffold had a rough start to the season but finished really strong not allowing a sack and only one hit to the QB in his final 7 games

3 Havenstein is notes as having a solid season though he dipped from his better rookie season.

Other things I did not know:

Aaron Rodgers holds the ball longer than any other QB due to his great pass blocking Oline.

The Titans have the best overall line in the NFL. No weak link. Which explains Mariotta's rise.

Trent Williams was the highest overall ranked Tackle.

The Patriots Oline had a resurgence due to the return of former Oline coach. Cannon and Solder really improved.

Incognito #5 guard overall. If we
Only kept our players signed.

Seattles Oline is a wasteland, so Russell Wilson is just that good.

this kind of crap is why I think PFF is full of it. both are lies

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I remember one game last year (Packers vs Giants I think) where Rodgers holds onto the ball for ages (12+ seconds) unhurried before throwing it.

fearsomefour

Legend
I'd say it's the scrambling....and later in the game, he's gotten the d-line tired out....If Goff has great feet...Rodgers has excellent feet.
depends how they are measuring, a lot of sacks and pressure can be avoided by scheming....short quick throws, see NE....add in a guy like Rodgers who can extend plays by 3 second or more and if they are measuring time the QB can "hold" the ball, well, that really sort of blows that stat out. That said, they generally seem to be pretty good.

wiley16350

UDFA
Name
Wiley
Rodgers is also a master of moving around and creating time.

He has an excellent pocket to move around in. Most of the time when he moves around the pocket, the defenders are well blocked and there is actually no threat of a sack. He gets a ridiculous amount of time to throw. Part of that is because teams are afraid of his ability to throw on the run so they don't blitz him or scheme to get guys free. They treat him like Mike Vick. They would rather keep him in the pocket and take away the deep ball. That works the best because he tends to focus too much on the big play and will throw the ball away even if a check down receiver is open. When the Packers were struggling, that was the biggest reason why. Rodgers refused to check the ball down. When the Packers started winning it was because he was checking the ball down more often and the receivers produced after the catch. They were pretty much an unstoppable offense when Rodgers stopped focusing on the big play. Aaron Rodgers ranked 8th in grading according to my system last year despite producing the second highest amount of points and it's because he was the biggest reason for when that team struggled on offense.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
@TexasRam Re: Incognito, Rams let him go because of:
A) Maturity problems
B) Ill-timed penalties
C) Not a 4 pillars guy
D) All of the above
E) Jar of Almonds
I would have benched Incognito and let him sit as a cheap backup.

Spagnoulo panicked and was looking for a scapegoat.