PFF most improved team in NFCW: Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
https://www.profootballfocus.com/bl...ed-the-most-in-their-division-this-offseason/

NFC West: Los Angeles Rams
Free agency grade: C+

Key additions: DE Quinton Coples, CB Coty Sensabaugh

Key losses: S Rodney McLeod, DT Nick Fairley, CB Janoris Jenkins, DE Chris Long

Draft grade: A-

Key additions: QB Jared Goff, TE Tyler Higbee, WR Pharoh Cooper, TE Temarrick Hemingway, ILB Josh Forrest, WR Michael Thomas

The Rams made the biggest improvement in the division at the game’s most important position by aggressively trading up to draft Cal QB Jared Goff. Goff has shown that he has the tools to play right away in the NFL, as he was the top-rated quarterback in the draft class against pressure, against the blitz, and on third downs. The Rams decided to help Goff out immediately by drafting two tight ends, including Tyler Higbee, the third-graded tight end in the class, and two wide receivers, including the underrated Michael Thomas (who was the No. 38 overall player on the PFF draft board who went in the seventh round).

The Rams now get to play in a much larger market in L.A., with a new stadium on the horizon, and with a new quarterback and face of the franchise. In drafting Goff, in addition to other offseason moves, the Rams have put themselves in contention for the NFC West title for years to come. The future is bright in Los Angeles.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I really like the sounds of this^, and I'd give the FA grade a lot higher than a C+!(y):D

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Where is all this PFF love coming from?

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
The future is bright in Los Angeles.

Sorry CG,Im calling BS on this.The experts at ESPN say we are a 3 or 4 win team.
I think you guys should probably just go ahead and shut ROD down .
We are simply not worthy.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Thomas No 38 overall on the PFF board? wow...
Being the #1 ranked WR at bringing down contested balls helps a lot. This kid could be an absolute steal. I'm gonna hold my expectations though and just hope he becomes a good #3.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really like the sounds of this^, and I'd give the FA grade a lot higher than a C+!(y):D

Much as I hate to defend PFF - I can actually see the C+. The Rams lost a quality starting CB and a quality FS, plus a quality rotational DL. They signed a 3rd CB, who MIGHT be the starter if necessary. They signed a rotational DL who has underachieved, but has enough talent that I think he will be as good overall as Fairley was last season for the Rams. But overall a downgrade in talent in free agency. It's understandable, since the Rams have more important free agents in future years and couldn't overpay to keep certain players, but it is still a loss of talent for the team overall. C+ seems to be an acknowledgement that they lost talent, but it was to avoid overpaying.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Thomas is the axe that's gonna fall on Quick's career. I think he beats him out and is the backup depth chart option behind Britt.

One great thing about this draft class: HANDS. They all have strong catching ability. Rams finally learned from Seattle's example IMO. Well, that and Cook's failure.