PFF grades for the win vs Arizona

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
God it's great to have Gaines back, the kid can play and just seems to always be in a good position. And this is his first game back in a loooooong time. Actually surprised Donald isn't higher, dude was everywhere in the game. Alexander had his best game as a pro which was nice.

Lance Kendricks has taken some huge strides these last three weeks. He seems to be getting over his stone hands and turned into at least a moderate receiving threat finally. If they can get Higbee involved in the passing game it would do wonders at curing our running issues if we had two TEs to worry about.

Brian Quick, the perennial disappointment is coming alive. Now we've seen this song and dance before. Lets see what stats he has at the end of the season. But at least we know he's actually on the team again aside from seeing his name on a depth chart.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-la-ari-grades-rams-defense-shines-in-victory/

Top offensive grades:

TE Lance Kendricks, 77.1
WR Kenny Britt, 74.9
WR Brian Quick, 74.1
C Tim Barnes, 69.1
HB Todd Gurley, 63.9

Top defensive grades:

CB Trumaine Johnson 90.1
DT Aaron Donald 89.2
CB E.J. Gaines 85.9
S Maurice Alexander 72.8
DE Robert Quinn 72.2
I'm just confused when I look at PFF grades! How can Quick be rated so much lower than Kendricks when Quick caught both of the Rams TD's!?! And where do these grades rank in comparison to other Players in the League!?!

Psycho_X

Legend
Not to me...just healthy for the first time since 2014....

That's hardly the only reason he's been a disappointment. But hey, he finally reached 1,000 yards total for his career in his fifth year. Hope he keeps the ball rolling.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm just confused when I look at PFF grades! How can Quick be rated so much lower than Kendricks when Quick caught both of the Rams TD's!?! And where do these grades rank in comparison to other Players in the League!?!
I am not a big PFF fan just saw this and posted it. My guess would be the catch rate, I thin Quick had 4 more targets than catches and Kendricks was 5 of 6 targets I think?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Go figure that starting RDE Rob Quinn had Zero stats. Nothing. Then you see Ogletree & Barron both had 7 tackles each & Barron had an game saving INT are not mentioned in this list. The Cards OLT abused Rob Quinn yesterday in the run game.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

I don't believe PFF grades receivers higher based on TD's or red zone play, they are looking more for consistency, blocking, receiving yards, yards after catch, receptions per target, drops, etc.

Only 3 Rams WR's have been graded based on snap count at this time, here is how they rank in comparison to other players in the league :

# 40 - Kenny Britt
# 64 - Brian Quick
# 98 - Tavon Austin

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I've stayed out of all the Quick discussions. Sometimes I think folks forget how well he was doing the year he got hurt. Hopefully, his heads in the right place now and we will start to reap the rewards. Seems like it's that time :)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't believe PFF grades receivers higher based on TD's or red zone play, they are looking more for consistency, blocking, receiving yards, yards after catch, receptions per target, drops, etc.

Only 3 Rams WR's have been graded based on snap count at this time, here is how they rank in comparison to other players in the league :

# 40 - Kenny Britt
# 64 - Brian Quick
# 98 - Tavon Austin

The Rams still need a number 1 receiver

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
Tru played lights out yesterday, no doubt about it. I've been one saying we kept the wrong corner, and I'll eat some crow on this game. However, it's not that Tru doesn't have big games or big time ability, it's just that when it comes time to cover those big-framed #1 guys, he seems to have difficulty staying with them. I think he is best in positions where he has the height-length advantage, while Janoris was the opposite.

In any case, really like what I saw from the whole secondary. Speaking of guys playing above their size, Gaines got picked on early in zone coverage, but got going as the game went on. If he can play well and stay healthy, it mitigates the loss of JJ substantially.

We neutralized that Cardinals passing attack that everyone is so enamored with. This game tasted so sweet by the end. If it weren't for their run game gashing the hell out of us, we would have looked much more dominant on D. Let's work on that run game, guys. (David Johnson is also just a hell of a running back).

On O, this looks about right. Kendricks, Britt, Quick, and I would also say Austin have been consistent performers so far this year. It's a modest but much needed improvement that we can build on. Hope they keep it going, and only get better from here. It's crazy how little space there is for Gurley to run in. Can't tell if it's play design, defensive planning, or poor run blocking. Would like to see Gurley start breaking outside more, becoming a bit more unpredictable, but I'm sure that goes against what his coaches preach.

All in all, some excellent individual performances on D: physical, timely, alert. On offense, strong-willed play from our receivers who caught the ball up and down the field, and didn't fall down easy. Really a joy to watch.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Go figure that starting RDE Rob Quinn had Zero stats. Nothing. Then you see Ogletree & Barron both had 7 tackles each & Barron had an game saving INT are not mentioned in this list. The Cards OLT abused Rob Quinn yesterday in the run game.
He looked like he was in a ton of pain early in the game. I wasn't sure he would be back, until I saw him pacing on the sidelines.

It looked like his wrist or hand.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I swear in the first quarter Quinn was about a foot away from stripping Palmer on at LEAST 4 occasions. So close.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
The Rams still need a number 1 receiver

Most definitely.
Unfortunately, it more than likely won't come by way of the draft, as we don't have a 2017 1'st round pick, ... although we should have enough CAP to engage one thru free agency. Alshon Jeffery anyone ?
jmo.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
He looked like he was in a ton of pain early in the game. I wasn't sure he would be back, until I saw him pacing on the sidelines.

It looked like his wrist or hand.
I was so relieved to see Rob Quinn return to play. I was under the impression from what I saw was he took a major blow to his chest area & the reason that many suspected he had injured his hand & arm was he had it over his heart area. Rob was hurting so bad that he was vibrating & shaking his entire body from the blow. It very important to keep Quinn healthy this season.

The Rams really do not have another pass rushing DE on the 53 player roster besides Rob Quinn. Ethan Westbrooks, Wm Hayes & Eugene Sims do not have special pass rushing skills to get pressure on a regular basis.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I was so relieved to see Rob Quinn return to play. I was under the impression from what I saw was he took a major blow to his chest area & the reason that many suspected he had injured his hand & arm was he had it over his heart area. Rob was hurting so bad that he was vibrating & shaking his entire body from the blow. It very important to keep Quinn healthy this season.
Quinn going down scared the heck out of me as well.
I saw the same as you. I first thought it could have been his back, again.
To see him on the siding pumped me up.
I'm still concerned it could be serious or a season long , nagging injury.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Quinn going down scared the heck out of me as well.
I saw the same as you. I first thought it could have been his back, again.
To see him on the siding pumped me up.
I'm still concerned it could be serious or a season long , nagging injury.
Finding a pass rusher from the edge in a 4-3 is difficult. There are some candidate's like OLB Josh Forrest who is more of a gap shooter than an edge Blitzer. Safety Mo Alexander is the best DB we have that can get to the QB. Easley has spent a lot of time @ DE in college & might be the best reserve DL'er who could spell Quinn more often if need be with Eugene Sims taking Easley reserve interior spot rotation.

Snead does have a few DE prospects in newby Lynden Trail & Rookie Morgan Fox to develop......