PFF: Foles Under Pressure 45.5% of Pass Snaps-Highest in NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Pro Football Focus@PFF

Nick Foles has been under pressure on 45.5% of his passing snaps this year. Most in NFL

FRO

Legend
Pretty much what you would expect out of a super inexperienced offensive line. Biggest failure of the Fisher/Snead era, and I like both and feel they have greatly improved the team, is their inability to build an offensive line over the 4 year period. Going into 2015 with an inexperienced line may sink our playoff chances.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
So I don't understand why...
  1. ...Foles does't get rid of the ball sooner more. Fouts talked about the clock in his head being off and I tend to agree. (who am I to disagree)
  2. ...the schemes don't have more quick passes and checkdowns and / or designed checkdowns. That's on Cignetti. Other teams frustrate our DL all day long with quick passes to athletic playmakers, why can't we throw a few of those? At some point (when I'm not being more lazy), I'll look for some stats on pass
Tangent. Benny Cunningham has been brilliant this year on making things happen with short passes.

Some other stats from PFF signature.
  • Foles is only 22nd in dropbacks, which is to say it's not like teams should be teeing off on him more than others
  • Foles has 14 "thrown away", leading the league by far. (2 others at 10)
  • Foles has been the victim of 14 dropped passes, 3rd in the league by count but first in the league by percentage.
  • Foles 5 INTs are pretty high, but I think a lot of those are the wheels coming off against the Packers
I mean, we could go all day throwing up stats talking about why the Rams passing attack in faltering.

I don't think it is out of line to point out that when Fisher had the best success of his coaching career, it was with an accurate and mobile QB (McNair). Eddie George was not enough.

Stel

Starter
It doesn't help that the opposing D knows when we are passing. Seriously guys, are you ever fooled by our play calling? If you aren't, you think professional players are?

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
It doesn't help that the opposing D knows when we are passing. Seriously guys, are you ever fooled by our play calling? If you aren't, you think professional players are?

I said in the vent thread Cignetti was becoming to predictable with formations. If we are going to run the ball 30 times then when we pass we have to have RB dump off's available because the pressure our OL is giving up is too much.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I knew this was going to be a painful growing period for this OL but I was hoping for some promising progress. I think maybe they have been doing better BEFORE this game. Was this matchup just bad? Is the GB D the best we have faced so far? Maybe it was just me but I thought they were starting to gel just a little bit the last couple of games but the wheels sure seemed to come off this week. I'm still hopeful they can improve enough as the season goes on for the Rams to win but it seems this O cannot be successful unless we don't drop passes, don't get penalties, and don't turn the ball over. There just isn't ANY margin for error.