PFF: Analyzing 2016's Best Quarterbacks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
One day Jared Goff could be right there in this category. He has both Ryan and Cousins coaches to work with him,

Not only that, he has better natural ability in these areas than all those guys, brady and manning included.

He showed that in college despite playing behind a worse oline and bad defenses. Wait till they get a load of him this year.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Come on Gentlemen there is really no other choice Kurt Warner I loved, but Brady convinced me against the Falcons even when it's over against Brady, it's not over.

It was all over for Tommy when he played that team from NY in the NFL's biggest game.

Twice.

Well deserved defeats that were most enjoyable to watch.

Football fans of all teams owe the Giants a debt of gratitude for giving us a break from the nauseating Brady worship and non stop, embarrassing, adoration of all thing Cheatriot.

I hate saying this...... but.....I might want Joe Montana in his prime with the game on the line.

Ram65

Legend
Not only that, he has better natural ability in these areas than all those guys, brady and manning included.

He showed that in college despite playing behind a worse oline and bad defenses. Wait till they get a load of him this year.

Jared will be better prepared to show his natural talents.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I hate saying this...... but.....I might want Joe Montana in his prime with the game on the line.

I always liked Joe as he went to Notre Dame and I despise the Patriots, but that come back was epic and if you're not prepared to play that team for 60 minutes and even beyond 60 minutes you won't beat them.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Let's be honest here Gentlemen, your life on the line, who do you want Quarterbacking for the win? Tom Brady, don't like him, but he might be the best I've ever seen and it kills me to post that.

I just don't know how to gage him.
I mean with all the cheating that is known goes on over there, how much is really Brady? I don't know.
He's good, that is for sure, just don't know how good - his achievements are tainted - JMHO.

But answering your question, not Brady.
Warner is not a bad choice........ :whistle:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Football fans of all teams owe the Giants a debt of gratitude for giving us a break from the nauseating Brady worship and non stop, embarrassing, adoration of all thing Cheatriot.

200.gif

He got knocked out of the playoffs twice by the Giants as well. Watch the video below to see Jim Burt knock the crap out of Montana. They carried him off the field on a stretcher with a towel over his face. The Giants won 49-3. While I give the man his props, I detested Montana then as much as I detest Brady now.

View: https://vimeo.com/105677097

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
What if I don't care much for living?

LindleyStartAgainMAIN.jpg

No, I mean what if I REALLY don't care for it.

Curtis-Painter-hair.jpg

Yeah, that'll do.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Gentlemen, all of your Brady, Warner, Montana, etc arguments are now.........

football-st-louis-rams-qb-keith-null-in-action-vs-new-england-and-picture-id103732810

.....AND void!!!! :football:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rst-qb-with-300-tds-before-100-interceptions/

Aaron Rodgers will be first QB with 300 TDs before 100 interceptions
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 6, 2017

Ten players in NFL history have thrown 300 or more touchdown passes. Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is poised to become the 11th — and the first to do so before throwing 100 interceptions.

As noted by Elisha Twerski, Rodgers needs three touchdown passes to become the 11th player in NFL history with 300. The other 10 quarterbacks averaged 171 interceptions before throwing their 300th touchdown. Rodgers has thrown 72 interceptions.

Here’s a look at how many interceptions each of the other 10 quarterbacks with 300 touchdown passes had thrown at the time they got No. 300:

Peyton Manning is the NFL’s all-time leader with 539 career touchdown passes. He had 152 interceptions when he threw his 300th touchdown.

Brett Favre threw 508 career touchdown passes. He had 175 interceptions when he threw his 300th touchdown.

Drew Brees has 465 career touchdown passes. He had 154 interceptions when he threw his 300th touchdown.

Tom Brady has 456 career touchdown passes. He had 115 interceptions when he threw his 300th touchdown.

Dan Marino threw 420 career touchdown passes. He had 169 interceptions when he threw his 300th touchdown.

Fran Tarkenton threw 342 career touchdown passes. He had 219 interceptions when he threw his 300th touchdown.

Eli Manning has 320 career touchdown passes. He had 205 interceptions when he threw his 300th touchdown.

Philip Rivers has 314 career touchdown passes. He had 146 interceptions when he threw his 300th touchdown.

Ben Roethlisberger has 301 career touchdown passes. He had 160 interceptions when he threw his 300th touchdown.

John Elway retired with exactly 300 career touchdown passes and 226 career interceptions.

With just 115 interceptions at the time he threw touchdown No. 300, Brady had the fewest picks of anyone to reach the mark. Rodgers will throw No. 300 with about 40 fewer interceptions than Brady had.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Let's be honest here Gentlemen, your life on the line, who do you want Quarterbacking for the win? Tom Brady, don't like him, but he might be the best I've ever seen and it kills me to post that.

I have to agree, like it or not Brady truly is an elite QB - I've watched him the apart D's and he never fails to impress me - the end of the SB was sublime to watch. I hope that Goff will be able to impress me like Brady has.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...e-pulled-from-a-blowout-bruce-arians-refused/

When Peyton Manning wanted to be pulled from a blowout, Bruce Arians refused
Posted by Mike Florio on July 6, 2017

fc416e1519263de6895f9b74206f5199_crop_exact-e1499379862136.jpg
Getty Images

Cardinals coach Bruce Arians knows how to coach quarterbacks. He wrote the book on it. Literally.

The Quarterback Whisperer, officially released next Tuesday, has plenty of interesting stories from Arians’ lifetime in football, as both a quarterback and a coach of quarterbacks.

Here’s one that justifies a blurb of its own. Arians, serving as the quarterbacks coach in Indianapolis early in Peyton Manning’s career, showed a willingness few have to be blunt and candid with Peyton.

During a 1999 game against the Patriots, the Colts trailed badly. “Midway through the fourth quarter of the game, with the outcome already decided, Peyton was so frustrated that he asked for mercy,” Arians writes. “He wanted to be pulled from the game.”

Arians refused, in a colorful way.

‘”F–k no, get back in there,’ I told him,” Arians explains. “‘We’ll go no-huddle and maybe you’ll learn something. You can never ask to come out. You’re our leader. Act like it.'”`

Arians then describes what happened next as a “sight to behold,” with Manning leading a late drive that ended in a touchdown pass. Arians saw the drive give Manning a “shot of confidence.”

Before the rematch later that year, with the pre-Belichick Patriots having beaten Manning three straight times, Arians noticed before the game that Manning “had a frowning, contorted face” and that “he looked like he really needed to go to the bathroom.” Arians continued to sense that Manning was uptight about facing New England again, so Arians said to him, “‘Peyton, your footwork is all messed up. . . . What’s wrong with you, man?'”

Arians says that Manning’s footwork actually was fine, but in the process of focusing on working on his footwork after Arians called him out, Manning’s anxiety disappeared. The Colts won the game. Arians calls that moment before the game as a “turning point” in their relationship, one in which Arians pushed the right “psychological button.”

And that’s what so much of the book is about — the psychology both of being a quarterback and of coaching one. It’s already a worthwhile effort to read, and I’m only at page 26.

View: https://www.amazon.com/Quarterback-Whisperer-How-Build-Elite/dp/0316432261/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499379029&sr=8-1&keywords=the+quarterback+whisperer

The Quarterback Whisperer: How to Build an Elite NFL Quarterback Hardcover – July 11, 2017
by Bruce Arians

51Z%2BArWGkbL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

What is an elite NFL QB and what separates that player from the others? One answer is the coach they share. In the recent history of the biggest game on earth, one man is the common thread that connects several of the very best in the sport: Peyton Manning; Ben Roethlisberger; Andrew Luck; and the resurgent Carson Palmer. That coach is Bruce Arians.

A larger than life visionary who trained under the tutelage of Bear Bryant, Arians has had a major impact on the development and success of each of these players. For proof beyond the stats, go to the sources.

Bruce is gonna love you when you need some loving, but he's gonna jump on you when you're not doing right. - Peyton Manning

He coaches the way players want to be coached. - Ben Roethlisberger

He made players comfortable around him and let everybody have their own personality. He didn't force anybody to be someone they weren't. It may sound a little corny or cheesy, but there's merit to that. I felt comfortable being myself and I felt he had my back.- Andrew Luck

We're a resilient group. It trickles down from the head coach. I think good teams, really good teams, and hopefully great teams take on their coach's mentality. I think that's what B.A. brings... - Carson Palmer

Known around the game as the 'quarterback whisperer', Arians has an uncanny ability to both personally connect with his quarterbacks and to locate what the individual triggers are for that player to succeed. No two quarterbacks are the same. And yet with Arians they always share success. In this book Arians will explain how he does it.