Peters being Peters

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Marcus Peters talents as a cornerback have been on display the last few weeks with 3 or 4 games with a pick 6. But the other side reared it’s ugly head against the 9ers. Peters was in position to make the tackle on the long td run but he didn’t seem to have a lot of interest in taking on the rb. He was also in position to prevent the long td pass from the 9ers, the receiver was bracketed but somehow MP couldn’t locate the ball or make the tackle.
For a guy of his talent to continue to have lapses like this has to drive you crazy if he’s on your team. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Good riddance. Complete non-fit for what the Rams claim to be. I get why they traded for him of course (they were desperate) but he's the kind of player you need to steer clear of if you want to live up to We Not Me.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Yes! He afraid of contact...and it tends to rub off on the younger players.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
There are reasons he is 26, 5 years in the NFL and on his THIRD team despite having 2 pro bowls and 1 all pro on his resume.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Im glad hes gone. It made me nervous everytime the ball was thrown his direction. And him chasing the opposing WR into the endzone while holding his arms up like it was someone else's fault pissed me off. I couldn't help but smile when he did the exact same thing on sunday.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There are reasons he is 26, 5 years in the NFL and on his THIRD team despite having 2 pro bowls and 1 all pro on his resume.
No doubt. And btw I don't think he will have another all pro season. His skills have deteriorated he is a feast/famine CB now who will mostly give you blown coverages and soft underneath/vs the run.

Last edited:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
His brain-farts and lack of effort yesterday made for some great laughs in my house.

Those moments you mention in the OP were absolute comedy gold.

KJD_Ram

Rookie
MP is just another version of Janoris Jenkins...same issues with bad eyes... although I think Jenks would actually tackle on occasion...

Tano

Legend
Peters has definitely mastered his bullfighting moves.

I think his nickname in the league should be "The Matador"

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Like I've said before he is the reason the rams had to play that soft ass zone defense. He is not physical enough to play man, he is a pussy plan and simple. Ramsey is 10 times the corner that Peters is.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
One great move by Snead & McVay.....I am sure Wade was ready to retire if Peters was resigned.

dang

Legend
Zimbabwe a little surprised i don’t hear his teammates calling him out for his flag football tackling skills.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Marcus Peters talents as a cornerback have been on display the last few weeks with 3 or 4 games with a pick 6. But the other side reared it’s ugly head against the 9ers. Peters was in position to make the tackle on the long td run but he didn’t seem to have a lot of interest in taking on the rb. He was also in position to prevent the long td pass from the 9ers, the receiver was bracketed but somehow MP couldn’t locate the ball or make the tackle.
For a guy of his talent to continue to have lapses like this has to drive you crazy if he’s on your team. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.
MP is just another version of Janoris Jenkins...same issues with bad eyes... although I think Jenks would actually tackle on occasion...

He reminded me of Sammy Watkins. They are clones, except on opposite sides of the LOS.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Good riddance. Complete non-fit for what the Rams claim to be. I get why they traded for him of course (they were desperate) but he's the kind of player you need to steer clear of if you want to live up to We Not Me.

YEP - The Rams had to make a move.

honest Inhave not watched The Rams games this season really. Sort of not a big fan of the team. Didn’t want to invest in losing ways. Will watch a couple games now though.

Ramsey is the future no doubt . After the Ravens game he walked up into Peters grill & gave him shit as Pleasant was giving him a hug(love), it was funny to watch actually because RAMsey is that confident in himself. Will be an excellent Ram for a few years.

My question I guess is how good will David Long be ? ? People that don’t know the Eams roster don’t see the future of the CB postion a long with Rapp having a big game as well as maybe Nick Scott’s upside learning under a great like Eric Weedle. Weedle shows his age, but his pillar to The Rams future is inbeded.
Talib & Peters were good pickups, but me vs we in the long run.The Rams needed to move on.

still laugh at Ram fans about The Troy Hill signing. He has another year at a good salary number. Like I said I have not really watched The Rams play this season, but those are my takes as a fan from afar .

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
One great move by Snead & McVay.....I am sure Wade was ready to retire if Peters was resigned.
So your a fan of the RAMsey Trade ?? What is your take of The Rams DB’s. Always like your thoughts even if they don’t always match.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He reminded me of Sammy Watkins. They are clones, except on opposite sides of the LOS.
I would not go that far , except now that I think about it more. Never have seen a WR stop on plays like Watkins. He then talked crap to the media which was McVays first real battle of keeping things in house. Was crazy & in both instantaneous The Rams found away to get value back before time ran out.
Wish I was not such a degenerate,but like playing Stock Options such as leaps.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Like I've said before he is the reason the rams had to play that soft ass zone defense. He is not physical enough to play man, he is a pussy plan and simple. Ramsey is 10 times the corner that Peters is.

True — Mcvay always talks about SWAG !!
Ramsey has that SWAG Mcvay likes. His type of a player. Will get into a WR’s head.Jacksonvilles defense is not the same without him I heard yesterday without him there.

Snead & The Rams scouting is The Rams future.They believe in themselves to find value in the draft.

The Rams core is there.They just need to keep developing players.My question would be to Rams fans.

where were The Rams going to place with a tough schedule & a loss to Tampa Bay at HOME (our house LMAO).Worst Slogan from Rams camps imo. If you loss a game like that ?? Will see how this thing plays out in the future.
Truth is The Rams had to move on after that loss.Trade line was coming up & Mcvay & Goff are tied around the hip.Weather Ram fans think so or not ???
The salary cap is no joke!! The Rams are building for the future. This NEW STADIUM is going to be awesome !!
This was going to have to be the lossing season. I still have to laugh at how I got into Demoff about The TE position. Higbee is a stud. Had to give him crap for all his misses in camp.Glad he is resigned & had a breakout game. I think right now looking forward & back this season though. The Rams went away from having that big body TE to block besides Higbee.I can see that postion being on the late Xmas list ??
—Still as a draftnik & looking back at Everett.Liked(Loved) The Trade back.Just think ???
Copper Kupp ?? But getting John Johnson for free ?? The sad thing was Kittles was also in that draft.Had never seen a PLAYER run a 40 YARD dash like him. Being from IOWA as well. He runs through blocks with power.Watching him basically run a 50 yard dash with power. Point being Reynolds was a good draft pick as well,The Rams have build there franchise under Snead & Mcvay through the draft.

will see the growth of players.Will see how Snead has refines his drafts coming up.

How good & how much did Kromer help develop Roger Saffold ??

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
So your a fan of the RAMsey Trade ?? What is your take of The Rams DB’s. Always like your thoughts even if they don’t always match.
It's obvious to me that Wade had grown weary of Marcus Peters skill set. IMO Wade saw little desire to have MP resigned to his defense after this season. MP could not be what Wade wants in his top CB. I am sure in my small mind that Wade voiced this very big issue to Snead/McVay. That's when Jalen Ramsey came into focus & play.

Maybe Snead/McVay perceived that Wade was pondering serious retirement due to his situation with his top 4 corners (Peters/Talib/NRC/Hill). I lean to the thought that Wade loves what Ramsey would bring to his defense. Snead/McVay greatly desires to keep DC Wade happy & working with this Ram organization for another half decade IF possible. Trading for Ramsey & then making a commitment to this high young profile CB helps resolve the Org's two major worries involving the future of the Rams defense.

JR has unmatched coverage talent as a DB he can play any position in any NFL secondary. Yes he is not a DB who seeks contact with a RB or TE, but he can & will take away most all #1 type receivers. I am all for keeping Wade happy & content in LA for long time.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Bad roughing the passer penalty cost Jalen Ramsey first INT with Rams
Jalen Ramsey has made a huge difference for the Rams since coming over in a midseason trade. While he may not be creating big plays the way Marcus Peters has for the Ravens, his man-coverage ability has allowed the Rams to be more aggressive on defense – and it’s shown in the numbers. Outside of last week’s 45-6 loss the Ravens, the Rams have yet to allow more than 17 points in the other five games since acquiring Ramsey.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Bad roughing the passer penalty cost Jalen Ramsey first INT with Rams
Jalen Ramsey has made a huge difference for the Rams since coming over in a midseason trade. While he may not be creating big plays the way Marcus Peters has for the Ravens, his man-coverage ability has allowed the Rams to be more aggressive on defense – and it’s shown in the numbers. Outside of last week’s 45-6 loss the Ravens, the Rams have yet to allow more than 17 points in the other five games since acquiring Ramsey.

agreed on his play !! Having a shutdown CB is huge in the passing NFL. The Ravens were not a teamThe Rams needed to prepare for because they are not in the NFC West division.
Peters has grown as a player from his experiences, but your right that he is more of a zone CB which takes away from different looks Wade might want to run.
NE has always put a big value on CB’s. Ask The Greateast show on turf .