Peter Schrager still a Huge Cooper Kupp fan

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Peter Schrager has been on record as a huge Cooper Kupp fan. He makes his bold prediction on Good Morning Football today...

you have to click the link underneath the play button to watch the video
View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/los-angeles-rams/0ap3000000809845/Bold-rookie-predictions-for-Cooper-Kupp

DAI3iT_UAAA5R8l.jpg:small

Ram65

Legend
A 70 catch rookie season predictions. Could be.

I'm looking forward to the up coming OTAs. McVay keeps mentioning Kupp first when talking rookie camp. Let's see how he does against the vets. Looking forward to the reports.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It was pretty cool he had great insight on The Rams draft.He knew The Rams really wanted to draft Gerald Everett . He called it right before the pick & said how much they really liked him.
Snead really played his cards right. This John Johnson is going to grow on Ram fans. He is a all-purpose DB. He likes playing man D"

Copper Kupp - I saw this guy bust out his jersey it was all tight.This is after the draft when they got sent jerseys. He is huge on Kupp

Before Kupp was picked he knew that was going to be The Rams pick as well. He had some inside Info. He talked about what a great meeting they had with him at the combine & would be an extension of the coaches. The staff came out of the 15 minute interview seriously impressed.

Copper Kupp talks about being great & going to Super Bowls. He sets the bar up high , but I'm becoming a believer.

I like the way he looks the ball into his hands. Has strong hands, excellent body control. He thinks a few steps ahead , must be good chess player. I'm impressed by him & glad he is a Ram.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I basically bet that. I said 100 for Woods and 60 for Kupp, but I could easily see more than that.

I mean... I nearly bet the farm on it... If I lose, I gotta post a pic with me in a... BRADY jersey... eeewwww

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Kupp would demand a lot of attention if he started playing on pace to 70 balls; D's would shut it down before he got there, for reasons not the least of which because he's a rookie and also if there's no one else to take the pressure off him (hope I'm wrong about that).

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
It was pretty cool he had great insight on The Rams draft.He knew The Rams really wanted to draft Gerald Everett . He called it right before the pick & said how much they really liked him.
Snead really played his cards right. This John Johnson is going to grow on Ram fans. He is a all-purpose DB. He likes playing man D"

Copper Kupp - I saw this guy bust out his jersey it was all tight.This is after the draft when they got sent jerseys. He is huge on Kupp

Before Kupp was picked he knew that was going to be The Rams pick as well. He had some inside Info. He talked about what a great meeting they had with him at the combine & would be an extension of the coaches. The staff came out of the 15 minute interview seriously impressed.

Copper Kupp talks about being great & going to Super Bowls. He sets the bar up high , but I'm becoming a believer.

I like the way he looks the ball into his hands. Has strong hands, excellent body control. He thinks a few steps ahead , must be good chess player. I'm impressed by him & glad he is a Ram.

Yeah, and he doesn't quit at the catch. Defenders HAVE to tackle him. I saw one highlight where guys didn't wrap up and he broke like 5 tackles... ON THE SIDELINE... and went in for something like a 60-70 yard TD.

He's loose enough in the hips that you can't just hit him high and he's got the footwork so you can't just try and grab an ankle.

I'm super high on him working out...well...for us.

And Sam Rogers....oh my.

I think he's going to get a cult following like Massey, our long snapper had.

Honestly, this is the first time in more than a decade where I want MULTIPLE Rams jerseys.

I want #60 Tom MACK (for obvious reasons)
I want #99 Aaron DONALD (for obvious reasons)
I want #6 Johnny HEKKER (for obvious reasons)
I want #39 Sam ROGERS
I want #18 Cooper KUPP

I've NEVER wanted this much Ram gear and you all know my stance on enriching the NFL and Owners in particular...

This year is gonna be so much better than last year. I can feel it in my bones!!!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I can actually see that happening. Hopefully it does happen; that means that Goff is doing well and - therefore - the entire team is doing well.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I like the young man, BUT, Like other's, I want to see how he performs against our Vet "D"!!(y)(y);):D

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Kupp would demand a lot of attention if he started playing on pace to 70 balls; D's would shut it down before he got there, for reasons not the least of which because he's a rookie and also if there's no one else to take the pressure off him (hope I'm wrong about that).

The assumption is that Woods isn't the forgotten man in this, but actually our LEAD receiver as well as all of the TEs contributing as is common in a McVay offense.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

do the guys in the video even know robert woods is on the team? tavon is not going to be the go to man. he's gonna be the big strike man. that's what the rams want him to be, like desaun jackson. i don't think the rams are gonna force the ball to him just because. they have assembled a good mix of receivers that can catch the ball so everyone will get their share.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
The assumption is that Woods isn't the forgotten man in this, but actually our LEAD receiver as well as all of the TEs contributing as is common in a McVay offense.

True--the system spreads it around. Even Jordan Reed only had 66 catches last year, so 70 for a rookie is, well.....

TexasRam

Legend
People don't realize how many catchable balls were dropped last year. Kupp is so much more than just catching passes, but even just doing that hugely increases
The offensive production

Ram65

Legend
I want #65 Tom MACK (for obvious reasons)
I want #99 Aaron DONALD (for obvious reasons)
I want #6 Johnny HEKKER (for obvious reasons)
I want #39 Sam ROGERS
I want #18 Cooper KUPP

Hey Mack get #65 for Tom Mack

And Sam Rogers....oh my.

I think he's going to get a cult following like Massey, our long snapper had.

I agree. He has a little X factor about him with his multi talents and the Ginger factor.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Hey Mack get #65 for Tom Mack

I agree. He has a little X factor about him with his multi talents and the Ginger factor.

Dang, I stand corrected. For some reason I had Mack as being #60.

And totally agree about Rogers and that X factor. I bet there will be more than one Vet DE who starts licking his chops because he thinks he has an automatic sack because he's lined up against a FB only to get stoned one on one.

I can see how McVay could use Rogers to just demoralize a DE. Have him block him hard and really get him to pin his ears back...then run a screen from the same formation where Rogers lets him blast by!

WestCoastRam

Legend
All we need to make this passing offense something to write home about is one player who can demand double teams even only on occasion and another player to make teams pay for that. Maybe it will be Everett and Kupp??

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I know it's a Kupp thread. However, i can see Fassel using Sam Rogers in a variety of ways on teams. I can see rogers being used on trick plays and such.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Nah. Guys who play in a good scheme and who have next level understanding of defenses plus route running are very difficult to shut down.

Cupp is not an athlete who can be focused and removed with a guy on him. I think 70 catches is an accurate expectation for him.