Peter King: MMQB - 11/27/17

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would imagine just as many people were streaming last year as this year. It is not like they are comparing it to 1985.
Disagree, Amazon signed up a streaming deal for this year. I know for myself, I stream more now than I used to. Verizon offers free data to watch games on their app. Use that all the time.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Justin Jackson. Northwestern.
http://www.nusports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5204
2016: True junior … First-Team All-Big Ten as voted by the conference media … Named Second-Team All-Big Ten by the coaches … CoSIDA Academic All-American® Second-Team honoree … Preseason Doak Walker Award Watch List … Finished the 2016 season ranked second in the program history with 4,129 career rushing yards … Led the Big Ten with a career-high 1,524 rushing yards, becoming the first player in Northwestern history to rush for 1,000-plus yards in three seasons … Also led the Big Ten with 117.2 rushing yards per game … Ranked 13th in the country in total rushing yards and 16th in rushing yards per game …
https://247sports.com/player/justin-jackson-23376
https://www.insidenu.com/2017/10/12...ft-report-2017-northwestern-wildcats-football

By the time the NFL Draft rolls around, Justin Jackson will have been the bell cow of Northwestern’s offense for four years. Put simply, there aren’t a lot of guys that fit that description in the NFL right now, and there are still less who shouldered the collegiate load despite being slightly smaller and slower than the average NFL back.

Jackson makes up for his relative lack of size and speed in other areas, of course. He is one of the shiftier backs in the country, uses his stiff arm often to devastating effect, and can come out of the backfield to catch passes and block as well as any other top collegiate runner. While Jackson does not fit completely into the mold of any one NFL player, I’ve identified three current players in particular with whom he shares the most traits. Looking into the careers of those three, along with their draft position, should help us determine Jackson’s potential.
C'mon....you should know me by now....what's his 40 time?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Schiano is the only coach to be able to make Rutgers relevant. He had them in the top twenty even. He is a good college head coach and teams are missing out on him.

Yeah I don't disagree with any of that. He's a good college coach. But if I'm the AD of a college the level of Tennessee, who has been underachieving for as long as they have, my goal is to get a top offensive mind in there who can light up the scoreboard year to year and make the team relevant. Just my mindset at the college level, where I put a priority on an attacking, wide open offensive game.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah I don't disagree with any of that. He's a good college coach. But if I'm the AD of a college the level of Tennessee, who has been underachieving for as long as they have, my goal is to get a top offensive mind in there who can light up the scoreboard year to year and make the team relevant. Just my mindset at the college level, where I put a priority on an attacking, wide open offensive game.
The problem is Tennessee is no longer a top program to attract that kind of coach.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The problem is Tennessee is no longer a top program to attract that kind of coach.

Top offensive mind could be a guy toiling as an OC with another program. Doesn't have to be a big name, just someone who is sharp and will give you an edge in scheme and teaching of offensive football. Take a flyer on a guy like the Rams did with McVay, and grow a great young coach.