Pete Prisco: Rams pick CB Eli Apple, wtf?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Draft says that it was written on the 21st, yet Google says it was updated 2hrs ago....If so, does this guy have any clue whatsoever? he says that we are likely to lose one or both of our Corner Backs to FA, hence the pick..

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He acts like he doesn't know we have 60+ million in Cap Room. He acts like we don't have enough to sign every freaking FA that we want to..What GOOD is this SCHMUCK??!!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
It's why I don't pay attention to mock drafts anymore. Or the draft in general, until the actual day.

No one knows shit, especially when the real offseason hasn't even begun yet.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I hate prisco, he is an idiot. Id hate that draft for sure, I dont want any defensive player in the first let alone a cb and the whiners getting Wentz would be aweful!

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
with the way his draft mocks out I would take Treadwell at 15. He was taken next by Detroit at 16. There are some good corners in this draft. We always need good corners but it can wait.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
n3RGs0O.gif

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Not only does this idiot have the Rams taking a CB w/ our 1st pick, he does it w/ the Best WR in the Draft still on the Board! What a Joke!!

tahoe

Pro Bowler
with the way his draft mocks out I would take Treadwell at 15. He was taken next by Detroit at 16. There are some good corners in this draft. We always need good corners but it can wait.
I have every expectation that the rams will resign Jenkins and Johnson so they wont need a corner. Id much rather draft Treadwell than any defensive player. The rams need so much offensive help they cant afford to go defense.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I have every expectation that the rams will resign Jenkins and Johnson so they wont need a corner. Id much rather draft Treadwell than any defensive player. The rams need so much offensive help they cant afford to go defense.
I can see your point, but it also depends on what we do FA wise!!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I wanted Apple when he was still considered a 2nd rounder and going under the radar. Now though that they've figured out how good a prospect he is he has jumped up to the mid first. Sucks. We will easily keep one of JJ/Tru, and most likely keep both. Even if we lose one we still got Gaines and Roberson, and we could bring in a vet or draft a mid rounder. Fisher has drafted really good cb's in his time with the Rams outside of round 1. No to Apple. We have bigger needs to hope to get in the 1st.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This would be a really bad draft for the Rams if it panned out this way.

He is close on how the QB's go but I would assume they go even faster. Rams loose both starting CB's to free agency then a CB could be considered here but not if Laquon Treadwell, WR, Mississippi is still on the boards that's nothing but sure silliness on his part.

If it were me & Laquon Treadwell was off the board @ #15 with this mock I am trading down to the late first round picking up a third round selection & getting ready for one heck of a great second day. Being armed with two 2nds & two 3rds lets rock.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I know you guys say we can't take a CB in the first round (especially if we resign JJ and Tru) but I think if he's the best guy on the board you take bpa in the 1st. If Jalen Ramsey's there - you take him. Apple? Maybe. If Treadwelll is there you take him and you've got your WR. Same for QB.

BPA. I'll keep banging the drum for it (or a trade down!)

lockdnram21

Legend
I wanted Apple when he was still considered a 2nd rounder and going under the radar. Now though that they've figured out how good a prospect he is he has jumped up to the mid first. Sucks. We will easily keep one of JJ/Tru, and most likely keep both. Even if we lose one we still got Gaines and Roberson, and we could bring in a vet or draft a mid rounder. Fisher has drafted really good cb's in his time with the Rams outside of round 1. No to Apple. We have bigger needs to hope to get in the 1st.
The only way I say yes to apple is if we loose Jenkins. Tru, Roberson, Gaines are not #1 cbs

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
It's why I don't pay attention to mock drafts anymore. Or the draft in general, until the actual day.

No one knows crap, especially when the real offseason hasn't even begun yet.
^^^ this statement sums up my new approach to the off-season

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I hate prisco, he is an idiot. Id hate that draft for sure, I dont want any defensive player in the first let alone a cb and the whiners getting Wentz would be aweful!

Man I would be some pissed if the Fn Whiners get Wentz, Wagner mad times 1 trillion!!!