Pete Prisco Breakdown on How to Stop Kaepernick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Dang. That's the most I've seen Prisco work in a lonnnnnng time.

This... is key though.

[textarea]One other thing I noticed that's key to hampering Kaepernick's ability to run is no different than slowing any other running game. It's penetration. The San Francisco run game has a lot of movement. They pull the fullback. They pull the tight ends. They pull the guards. So if you can get penetration inside against their line, it prevents those movers from getting where they need to be. It blows the play up. The Rams and Seahawks both did a good job getting penetration to slow the run game at times. Atlanta did some, too, although Gore did get going a bit.[/textarea]

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams did a really good job in both 49er games of attacking the blocking and knocking those guys down either at the line or backfield.

That and I think Brockers is going to be really really good at this football stuff.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
jimitroutboy said:
Rams did a really good job in both 49er games of attacking the blocking and knocking those guys down either at the line or backfield.

That and I think Brockers is going to be really really good at this football stuff.

Ba da...Boom.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
X said:
Dang. That's the most I've seen Prisco work in a lonnnnnng time.

This... is key though.

[textarea]One other thing I noticed that's key to hampering Kaepernick's ability to run is no different than slowing any other running game. It's penetration. The San Francisco run game has a lot of movement. They pull the fullback. They pull the tight ends. They pull the guards. So if you can get penetration inside against their line, it prevents those movers from getting where they need to be. It blows the play up. The Rams and Seahawks both did a good job getting penetration to slow the run game at times. Atlanta did some, too, although Gore did get going a bit.[/textarea]

Yep. Good points here.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
jimitroutboy said:

:lol:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2