Pete or Russell? Poll

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Pete or Russell? Who Goes

• Total voters

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Just curious what you guys think will happen after the season.
We keep hearing the Wilson trade Rumors, but if I am the owner
of the Hawks..... I am sending Pete and GM packing and doing
everything in my power to bring in a offensive HC that Wilson will
love and build the team into what Wilson has needed for years.
One that can prevent Wilson from being one of most sacked QB's in the league.
No way I'm trading Russell unless it's for a better QB

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
If I were Seattle I'd want to keep Wilson if possible. If I had to choose one I'd let Pete go but I think they would probably be ok keeping Pete and Russell if they would just upgrade the OC and DC.

But as a Rams fan that fire Pete and trade Wilson for Mannion option sounds pretty good to me.

Ram65

Legend
As a Rams fan, I voted to keep both. That way they will be a mess for a few more years.

The best thing for them is to keep Wilson and get rid of Pete.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just curious what you guys think will happen after the season.
We keep hearing the Wilson trade Rumors, but if I am the owner
of the Hawks..... I am sending Pete and GM packing and doing
everything in my power to bring in a offensive HC that Wilson will
love and build the team into what Wilson has needed for years.
One that can prevent Wilson from being one of most sacked QB's in the league.
No way I'm trading Russell unless it's for a better QB
Where is the trade for Ryan Fitzpatrick, option?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The choices were so unfair. I felt like I had to pick Mannion. :laugh4:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Fuck them.

Hopefully they trade Umpa Loompa and draft their QB of the future in the up coming draft. Hahahahahahaaaaa.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Send Pete off into retirement, keep Wilson and trade Bobby Wagner while you can still get something for him and free up some cap space.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Yep! Keep Pete, trade Wilson and draft your next QB in the 6th round this year!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Pete gets fired and Shad Khan hires him two seconds later.

Honestly Pete could be good for the Jags culture. But will he ever hire an OC that could develop Lawrence?

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
On second thought, keep everything the same as it is now. I like them in last place!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you hired me to be Seattle's GM, I'd trade Russell Wilson and tell Pete that he can retire or be fired. The team is aging and doesn't appear to have another window left in them. Wilson may or may not age gracefully, so it would be smart to sell while his value is still high. Realistically, even with Wilson playing at a high level, they're not winning it all in the next year or two. So I'd start looking to build the next chapter.

What would I do? I imagine I could get around three first round picks for Wilson. So I'd talk to him about where he's willing to play and then call up those teams. I would expect Denver and the Giants to be in on the bidding. I would take the picks, get a bridge QB (maybe Daniel Jones or Drew Lock), and start building for the future. I'd accept that 2022 is going to be a rough year, but recognize that might set me up to land the future of the franchise at QB.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I was flipping through the Cowboys Zone and there are a TON of topics and fans wanting to move on from Dak, for Wilson.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I hope they keep both. AD would probably like to keep his son in the division and Pete is stuck in the 90's.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Pete & Repeat were sitting on a fence, Pete fell off and who was left?

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
I found this article and #4 is what I have been thinking for a long time. Browns are in win-now mode and need a QB. Russ would be perfect for this team. They have a strong running game and the best guard-center-guard tandem in the NFL. (Yes I know this sounds a lot like the Goff-Stafford trade.)

Browns would concentrate on drafting maybe another WR and depth on Defense.

Baker Mayfield landing spots: Texans, Washington among potential destinations for Browns QB in 2022

Baker Mayfield landing spots: Texans, Washington among potential destinations for Browns QB in 2022​

If Cleveland takes a swing at QB, where could the former No. 1 pick end up?​

[IMG alt=" Cody Benjamin
"]https://sportshub.cbsistatic.com/i/r/2021/07/01/c703b0a9-cee7-472f-9ff8-362a5f08aace/thumbnail/80x80/8464cbd3a7aa5f8857d70405abc84f35/cody-benjamin-700.png[/IMG]

By Cody Benjamin

21 hrs ago3 min read

baker-mayfield.png
USA Today
Before the 2021 NFL season, Baker Mayfield expected to strike a lucrative long-term contract with the Browns, touting a resume that could've warranted an extension worth close to $35 million per year. Now, after taking nine sacks in a loss to the Steelers on Monday night, Mayfield's 2021 season might be over, with the quarterback set for offseason shoulder surgery and telling reporters it's time for him to evaluate "what's in the best interest of me and my health."
The next question is, has Mayfield also played his last snap with the Browns? Months after looking like he might follow the Bills' Josh Allen as the second 2018 first-round QB to land a new deal, Mayfield looks as much a part of the Browns' problems as a victim of them. He's still under contract through 2022, thanks to his $18.9 million fifth-year option, but Cleveland can trade or release him without penalty. And recent offseasons have proven that big-name QB swaps are increasingly on the table.
Given coach Kevin Stefanski's (sometimes inexplicable) commitment to relying on Mayfield's battered arm this year, and the rash of injuries that helped derail the Browns' 2021 season, chances are Cleveland will opt for familiarity and give Mayfield one more audition in 2022, before potentially turning its eyes to the 2023 draft class or veteran market.
But let's say Stefanski and general manager Andrew Berry -- who worked under the Eagles' notoriously aggressive Howie Roseman -- decide to shop Mayfield in hopes of an instant upgrade. Here are some potential 2022 destinations for the former No. 1 overall pick, either via trade or after release:

7. Carolina Panthers

Matt Rhule needs to solve the QB position, like, yesterday. Which is why they probably wouldn't be involved, a year after trading picks for another first-round flame-out in Sam Darnold. But Rhule also wants to be more of a ground-and-pound team, and Mayfield has proven, in better circumstances, that he can manage games.

6. New York Giants

Both Joe Judge and Daniel Jones are apparently set to return, but why on Earth should that stop them from investing more under center, considering the lifeless way they're finishing? Mayfield would bring personality to a market desperately lacking in NFL juice right now, and he's got the old-school approach Judge would appreciate.

5. New Orleans Saints

They've got more salary-cap maneuvering to do before they can make any real moves at QB, but Asshole Face could see a higher floor with Mayfield than the alternatives -- chiefly Taysom Hill or a rehabbing Jameis Winston. New Orleans could (and probably should) target a rookie in the draft, but perhaps they'd prefer to win now with their defense.

4. Seattle Seahawks

This, of course, is dependent on Russell Wilson relocating, which is certainly possible after the Pro Bowler even identified preferred landing spots prior to 2021. A total rebuild would be smarter, but Pete Carroll could double down on his run-heavy preferences by inserting Mayfield (or swapping him for Russ!) and pouring more investments into the defense.

3. Denver Broncos

The Broncos are near the top of every "[Insert QB] landing spots" list by default. Is Mayfield that much of an upgrade on Teddy Bridgewater? Not necessarily. But with a better O-line and defense, you can argue otherwise. John Elway will never not sign off on a veteran fix, and GM George Paton may not be able to land Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, etc.

2. Washington​

Ron Rivera has to be growing impatient. Taylor Heinicke is best off the bench. Their defense is built to compete. Mayfield brings the requisite toughness and starting experience to lead an old-school run-heavy offense. QBs coach Ken Zampese was Mayfield's tutor as a rookie in Cleveland. And what better way to welcome in the team's new era with a former No. 1 pick under center? They're also flush with cap space.

1. Houston Texans

Mayfield may not prefer it, but he knows Texas well, hailing from Austin and playing at Texas Tech. More importantly, Houston is all but certain to move on from Deshaun Watson. Third-round rookie Davis Mills has flashed this year, but letting him learn and/or compete with Mayfield (before re-evaluating the 2023 QB class) would be more ideal. They've got more than enough money to do it.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Denver is my second favorite team (obvioulsy living here for 25 years) and if they got Wilson they'd be in the playoffs next year. QB play has been the biggest issue since Manning retired.