"Pete Carroll whines"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Bay area radio station puts together parody song... :heh:

Set to the tune of Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline"

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Ya know, sometimes things get so far from reality that someone has to pull things into context. I've made no apologies for my support of USC and Pete Carroll and frankly I've grown tired of the same OLE "Pete the Cheat" nonsense.

The fact of the matter is Pete Carroll has proven repeatedly both at USC and now with the Sea chickens just what an outstanding coach he really is. Yes, I know, many folks hate USC for what-ever reasons and some continue to whine and belly-ache about Bush's crap like Carroll should somehow be responsible for every act by his players....give me a break. I can completely accept repeated criticism for Belejerk, his cheating in the 2001 SB was directly attributable to Belecheat, but to continue calling Carroll a cheat is both disingenuous and petty whining.

I've followed the Fisher King since he was a freshmen at USC, like Carroll he has a long coaching history, but unlike Carroll he has yet to produce the results we all hope for. Meanwhile Carroll continues to build a division winner and conference contender and at this point, I'd take him over any HC the Rams have had since the beloved and over hyped Vermeil.

Now this will be the last time I post in defense of Carroll, I'm sure that my rant won't change many opinions, but I have mine and Carroll has his record since the turn of the century, which I suspect speaks volumes for anyone willing to objectively judge Pete Carroll's coaching skills and results. Personally, I'd take his record in a heart beat at this point.

USC
83-19 (.813)
Bowls' 5-2

Seattle
36-24 (.666)

Lesson

Oh, really?
I've followed the Fisher King since he was a freshmen at USC, like Carroll he has a long coaching history, but unlike Carroll he has yet to produce the results we all hope for. Meanwhile Carroll continues to build a division winner and conference contender and at this point, I'd take him over any HC the Rams have had since the beloved and over hyped Vermeil.

Through Carroll's first 28 games at Seattle: 12-16

Through Fisher's first 28 games in St. Louis: 12-15-1

Fisher's team has performed similarly to Carroll's through the same time span. The only difference is Carroll won a division with an under .500 record and didn't inherit a team that had the worst 5 season stretch in NFL history. While I recognize that Seattle was bad before Carroll took over, they didn't have a stretch that's comparable to the Rams at all.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Ya know, sometimes things get so far from reality that someone has to pull things into context. I've made no apologies for my support of USC and Pete Carroll and frankly I've grown tired of the same OLE "Pete the Cheat" nonsense.

The fact of the matter is Pete Carroll has proven repeatedly both at USC and now with the Sea chickens just what an outstanding coach he really is. Yes, I know, many folks hate USC for what-ever reasons and some continue to whine and belly-ache about Bush's crap like Carroll should somehow be responsible for every act by his players....give me a break. I can completely accept repeated criticism for Belejerk, his cheating in the 2001 SB was directly attributable to Belecheat, but to continue calling Carroll a cheat is both disingenuous and petty whining.

Now this will be the last time I post in defense of Carroll, I'm sure that my rant won't change many opinions, but I have mine and Carroll has his record since the turn of the century, which I suspect speaks volumes for anyone willing to objectively judge Pete Carroll's coaching skills and results. Personally, I'd take his record in a heart beat at this point.

USC
83-19 (.813)
Bowls' 5-2

Seattle
36-24 (.666)

Pete willingly turned a blind eye, similar to Tressel. Many times in my life I have a feeling about someone based on their behavior/manurisms, language and overall appearance. More times than not I talk myself into giving them the benefit of the doubt. Last year I hired a guy that I was not sure about. He worked great and was very respectful of clients. I figured that I was wrong about him. I have not seen him in a year and last week he broke into my house and stole drugs before my dog chased him away. He also hit an 82 woman's house who is a long time client and lives alone. I am done ignoring instincts, in all facets of life. Pete Carroll, Bill Bellicheck, Jim Tressell, Jay Cutler, among a few just strike me as people that I wouldn't like nor trust. Carroll has always seemed like scumbag to me who is good at making himself seem like he is a great person/coach.

I don't like the guy.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Pete Carroll has the single most punchable face on the planet. And by the looks of his schnoz, I am apparently not the only person to think so.....

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
It's not about liking the guy or not....it's about respecting him as a coach....his players love playing for him and he's successful, in this game that's all that matters....doesn't mean you have to buy him lunch.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm so tired of getting raped by the refs... soooo tired. That should have been a fumble TD, the hit on Palmer was LEGAL because he was a defender at that point, and now the refs are going to stop the game to figure out how to make Ram fans more miserable. It's unreal, guys. I've never seen anything like it... EVER.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Well I guess Pete will whine some more now,

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It's not about liking the guy or not....it's about respecting him as a coach....his players love playing for him and he's successful, in this game that's all that matters....doesn't mean you have to buy him lunch.

I disagree. I don't respect his style of coaching. Like I said he turns a blind eye. He lets the inmates run the asylum. I think the guy is a phony.

He is a politician who has been set up to succeed at both of his last two stops. USC recruits itself and he is a great BSer so he got some great recruits. In college football if you have the best athletes (not football players) you win. He had so many more 5 star recruits than his competition that he could hardly lose. Now if he had actually had to coach some lower talent coming in and turn them into winning football players then I would give him credit for his USC days. It also just so happens that boosters paid for one of his best players to go there. I wonder how many others were paid for. I don't respect him at all for that part.

Now onto Seattle. He has flourished there with the help of an excellent eye for talent that his GM happens to have. He also had a huge boon to his image by having an excellent OC in Bevell. It just so turns out that most of his defense has been caught using PEDs or having substance abuse and he knows nothing about any of it. Either he really doesn't know anything about it and it means that the inmates are running the asylum. Or he did know about it and he turned a blind eye. Or maybe a little of both. Either way I don't see anything individually impressive about Pete Carroll and have yet to think he is worthy of my respect.

In contrast I dislike Jim Harbaugh just as much if not more and think that he walked into an even better situation in San Francisco with an already stacked roster. However he did a great job at Stanford. He brought that program back to the top and he deserves a lot of credit for his college coaching accomplishments. His pro career is still to be determined. But either way he is more respectable in my book by far.

Alan

Legend
Thordaddy with outdated info:
Sign of the devil, thanks for posting that man ,I knew I smelled sulphur

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...r-of-the-beast-its-a-devilish-616-526779.html
A newly discovered fragment of the oldest surviving copy of the New Testament indicates that, as far as the Antichrist goes, theologians, scholars, heavy metal groups, and television evangelists have got the wrong number. Instead of 666, it's actually the far less ominous 616.

The new fragment from the Book of Revelation, written in ancient Greek and dating from the late third century, is part of a hoard of previously unintelligible manuscripts discovered in historic dumps outside Oxyrhynchus in Egypt. Now a team of expert classicists, using new photographic techniques, are finally deciphering the original writing.

Professor David Parker, Professor of New Testament Textual Criticism and Paleography at the University of Birmingham, thinks that 616, although less memorable than 666, is the original. He said: "This is an example of gematria, where numbers are based on the numerical values of letters in people's names. Early Christians would use numbers to hide the identity of people who they were attacking: 616 refers to the Emperor Caligula."

The Book of Revelation is traditionally considered to be written by John, a disciple of Jesus; it identifies 666 as the mark of the Antichrist. In America, the fundamentalist Christian right often use the number in sermons about the coming Apocalypse.

They and satanists responded coolly to the new "Revelation". Peter Gilmore, High Priest of the Church of Satan, based in New York, said: "By using 666 we're using something that the Christians fear. Mind you, if they do switch to 616 being the number of the beast then we'll start using that."

I think what you're smelling has more to do with that chilli you ate than with the Devil.:lol:

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
You guys read way to much into things like PC he just sux & needs a good stomping.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Shouting Out - "What's your deal,,, WHAT'S YOUR DEAL!"

I can't stop laughing. That shit is so funny. My stomach hurts I'm laughing so hard.