Perspective on the Niners Win Streak

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It is true and no doubt about it. Rams fans just really hate the 9ers. I mean if it was any other team...

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
I feel like the Seahawks forum poster who once said, "Jeff Fisher only exists to beat us twice a year". :bigcry:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i had a look at the results before the 2019 season.

in the three games the rams played their starters they scored 41, 39 and 48 points. and when they needed a win to make the playoffs in 2019 they scored 31.

how did they go from scoring at will to looking like they have no idea what they're doing out there on offense?

only mcvay knows that answer because he's the one pulling the strings.

Ellard80

Legend
On a serious note, I read the other day that 20% of Shanny's wins are against McVay. He might not even have a job without those wins.
I have posted similar thoughts... last year they dont even make the playoffs... this year could be 2 and 6 if not for the rams.

we totally have kept him emplyed

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The 49ers simply matchup with the Rams defense really well. Plus Shanahan knows how to exploit weaknesses. This time it was the Oline and the poor tackling Rams safeties.

The Rams drafted Lake and Yeast with the tackling in mind. But Lake is hurt and Yeast is only on ST.

If Rochell was playing up to his physical potential then the Rams DBs would be a bit tougher. But having Kendrick and Long on the edges with Rapp and Scott in the back is not an ideal situation against a team with so many weapons.

Last edited:

tempests

Hall of Fame
Mike Martz was the last Rams coach to win more games against the Niners than he lost to them.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
What streak? SF has won two in a row? And McVay is 4-9 vs the niners.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It is true and no doubt about it. Rams fans just really hate the 9ers. I mean if it was any other team...

There’s just not a lot of LA RAMS FANS. Go back to the 80’s.

This win streak just makes it easy for all the LA Niner Fans say.
Rams suck.

I was in SF last week & yelled enough for Niner Fans to hear Miners suck,but what happened Sunday at SOFI really sucked.

The fact Mcvay’s Grandfather died just about tells the story of the Football Gods in 2022/3.He left the team in good hands.

The other part of it was that comeback victory from the 9ers
helped lead the way to The Rams winning the Superbowl. The fact Mcvay grandfather was abke to be there to watch Sean Mcvay win it all was priceless.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What streak? SF has won two in a row? And McVay is 4-9 vs the niners.

Good way to put it,especially since The Rams are basically always the road team in all 13 games.
There ways a reason the Rams left LA(OC) thanks Stan Kronke.You didn’t help the infestation problem.This losing streak of 8games though is meaningful no matter how you want to spin it.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Lets stop talking about it. We won the one game that mattered....end of story turn out the lights.....

PARAM

Hall of Fame
This losing streak of 8 games though is meaningful no matter how you want to spin it.
It's meaningful for a few reasons......
It's a 2 game losing streak being called an 8 game losing streak
In SF they should be thinking, we can't beat them when it really matters
In LA they should be thinking, had we won half those games, we'd be 69-29 under McVay with 2 Superbowl appearances and 1 Lombardi.

Shanahan is 47-47 (including postseason). 9-4 against the Rams, 38-43 vs the rest of the NFL. Despite their record vs the Rams, they've had a better record than the Rams once in the previous 5 years. But......they have owned the tiebreaker in 3 of them!!! How'd that work out?